main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need help with EU issues on a Fanfilm

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by Fall-on-Jin, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    I need help with Issues concerning certain events of a Fanfilm. I basically need to someone to answer the following questions:

1. Was Corellia part of the Rebellion 3 years prior to A New Hope?

2. Do Imperial Officers carry blasters?

3. Were the Imperial Star Destroyers we see in ANH in existance prior to ANH?

4. Would Correllia Deal with Refugees?

5. Would it be acceptable to have a Star Destroyer patrol over Correllia in 3BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) Then make it leave, sensing that there is no serious threat from there? (This is meant to be Ironic)

6. Is there such thing as an Imperial Court? For example, my fanfilm features an Imperial officer who gets Demoted and send to An Imperial Prison.

7. Can someone name an Imperial prison planet, which was around at the time of 3BBY? (Not Kessell)

Thank you for your help (in advance)

2. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Not sure about the other questions, but regarding Corellia, it was part of the Empire. That said, there was a relatively large faction of Corellians that joined Alliance at its inception. Hope that helps a little.

3. LORD-EXAR_KUN

LORD-EXAR_KUN Jedi Youngling star 1

May 13, 2002
    I think that Corellia was part of the Empire. Am I mistaken or was Han Solo part of the Imperial Academy??? I guess Corellia might have been no clu on the others...

4. Infiltrator

Infiltrator Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 4, 2002
    if i remember correctly, it was an imperial planet, being in the core and posessing major shipyards, but it was left greatly to its own devices. a large rebel population existed there, and joined from there because one of the alliance's three founders was corellian senator jan dodanna (if that's wrong point it out please, i hate having wrong info)

I think at 3BBY victory class star destroyers would be more prevelant, but i belive imperial class were in existance.

Didn't ysanne isard's father get charged in an imperial court in tales from the new republic? (rebellion era story from the time you were looking at)

corellia was largely reclusive, even during the empire, so them taking refugees is less likely than other core worlds nearby.

imperial officers are issued blasters if i remember correctly, and if not, often use them

han solo was at the imperial academy

5. Genghis12

Genghis12 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 18, 1999
    Fall-on-Jin...
    "I need help with Issues concerning certain events of a Fanfilm."

I think you might have come to the right place. Good luck with the film!

"1. Was Corellia part of the Rebellion 3 years prior to A New Hope?"

Yes. and no. The Corellian leadership as a whole sold its soul to the Empire, losing independence to the New Order's Diktat, but in return gaining Imperial favor. Corellia was not officially or overtly defying the Empire at the time, but there were significant numbers of influential Corellians which supported the Rebels. Which increased Rebel activity. To combat the growing Rebellion, Corellia utilized its defense forces to destroy Rebel activities under Imperial orders. Corellia, like most systems was caught right in the middle of a civil war, and its allegiances were to both factions.

"2. Do Imperial Officers carry blasters?"

Yes. Typically a blaster pistol as a sidearm.

"3. Were the Imperial Star Destroyers we see in ANH in existance prior to ANH?"

The Imperial Star Destroyers we see in ANH were in existence prior to ANH. They were designed by Lira Wessex, the daughter of Walex Blissex - the legendary creator of the Victory-class Star Destroyers. When Walex Blissex refused to create new warships for the Emperor's New Order, his daughter, an Imperial sympathizer stepped in.

"4. Would Correllia Deal with Refugees?"

Oh, they'd deal with refugees. They'd deal with them harshly. From the time of the Battle of Yavin through the Battle of Endor, Corellia essentially had closed borders and extremely xenophobic border controls in place. As soon as the Rebellion was scoring major victories, beginning with the destruction of the first Death Star, the Corellian government enacted strict isolationist measures, including travel, trade and ship traffic restrictions. It all changed when the second Death Star was destroyed and the Diktat crumbled.

"5. Would it be acceptable to have a Star Destroyer patrol over Correllia in 3BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) Then make it leave, sensing that there is no serious threat from there? (This is meant to be Ironic)"

Certainly. There would be constant Imperial fleet movements into and out of Corellia. It had its own Corellian Defense forces made up of Corellian loyalists, who were being unwittingly pulled away to fight the Rebels for the Empire, all the while the Imperials were trying to solidify their power base. Star Destroyers would certainly be moving into and out of the Corellian system with regularity.

"6. Is there such thing as an Imperial Court? For example, my fanfilm features an Imperial officer who gets Demoted and send to An Imperial Prison."

Probably. There were still vestiges of the old institutions in place within the Imperial services. For your average Imperial officer who wasn't serving under Vader, Tarkin or another eccentric Imperial leader, executions probably weren't all that common.

"7. Can someone name an Imperial prison planet, which was around at the time of 3BBY? (Not Kessell)"

There's the Imperial prison on Branth from the SWRPG scenario, "Wookiees Amok" from GDW Challenge Magazine #37. It is located way out in the Outer Rim, near the borders of Wildspace or the Unknown Regions. There's Star's End, in the Corporate Sector Authority, which was an Imperial satrapy at the time. Outside of Kessel, it is the prison of Star Wars. While mainly housing "political prisoners" of the CSA, it could certainly take in problem Imperials as well.

6. Fire_Light

Fire_Light Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2002
    Yeah, what Genghis said. :p

7. Gaeri

Gaeri Jedi Knight star 6

Jul 12, 2003
    Oh, they'd deal with refugees. They'd deal with them harshly. From the time of the Battle of Yavin through the Battle of Endor, Corellia essentially had closed borders and extremely xenophobic border controls in place. As soon as the Rebellion was scoring major victories, beginning with the destruction of the first Death Star, the Corellian government enacted strict isolationist measures, including travel, trade and ship traffic restrictions. It all changed when the second Death Star was destroyed and the Diktat crumbled.

Genghis, I know Corellia was really isolationist under the Diktat, and that changed after the Diktat crumbled by the time we get to the Corellian Trilogy, but are you saying that the Diktat fell around the same time the Second Death Star was destroyed? That's not the impression I got, especially from Corran Horn's difficulty in trying to visit his grandfather Rostek Horn in I, Jedi, which was years after ROTJ.

And to the earlier comment about Han going to the Imperial Academy, Han was never closely tied to the ruling powers of Corellia (quite the opposite), so it really shouldn't matter.

8. DarthAttorney

DarthAttorney Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 8, 2000
    1. Was Corellia part of the Rebellion 3 years prior to A New Hope?

No, I'm pretty sure that Corellia was an Imperial sympathiser because it supplied ships and weaponary for the Empire. Han Solo states in ANH: "I've outrun Imperial ships. Not the local bulk cruisers mind you, the big Corellian ships." This implies to me that the Corellian shipyards were a major source of the Imperial Navy. Several important members of the Rebel Alliance were originally from Corellia including Wedge Antilles a Senator from the Republic who disappeared called Garm Bel Iblis.

2. Do Imperial Officers carry blasters?

Yes, as Genghis said they carry small laser pistols.

3. Were the Imperial Star Destroyers we see in ANH in existance prior to ANH?

Yes. In AotC you can see the inception of the Star Destroyer carrying Clonetroopers into battle on Geonosis and at the end on Coruscant. I'd say (given the number of precursor ships in the chain) that it took about 15 years from AotC to arrive at the final design. Jello might be able to tell us how many classes were designed and implemented before the ANH Star Destroyer (Victory class etc). As a rough idea of the differnce in sheer size between the AotC ship and the ANH ship, the AotC ships were able to quite happily enter atmosphere and set down on solid ground for pick-up/drop-off. The Star Destroyers in the original trilogy are so large that they can't be constructed on-planet and can't enter atmosphere because gravity would increase their mass to the point that the engines wouldn't be able to sustain powered flight.

4. Would Correllia Deal with Refugees?

The Corellian system actually hasa number of planets in close proximity to each other, commonly called The Five Brothers. They are Corellia ( a heavily industrialised world), Talus (quite rural), Trauls (likewise quite rural), Selonia, Drall and an ancient space station and superweapon called Centrepoint (which is capable of firing a superlaser through hyperspce and creating a system wide interdiction field). The planet Corellia itself wouldn't deal with Refugee's I don't think but the planets Talus and Tralus would probably be grateful for the man power if nothing else. The Corellian system was isolationist during the reign of the Emperor but if the Emperor said jump the Diktat would definately have said how high. So if your refugee's are Imperial-sponsored, then yes they'd be taken in. If they were just trying to escape opression from a nearby system, I think the Diktat with their renowned intelligence and security service (of which Corran Horn was a member for a long time) would turn them in as soon as look at them.

5. Would it be acceptable to have a Star Destroyer patrol over Correllia in 3BBY (Before the Battle of Yavin) Then make it leave, sensing that there is no serious threat from there? (This is meant to be Ironic)

I'd say that the shipyards would be churning out several full-size Star Destroyers every few months. On-top of that, I think at it's peak the space around those shipyards would have been totally jam packed with all the supply convoys and patrol ships that come with running such a large and heavily populated system.

6. Is there such thing as an Imperial Court? For example, my fanfilm features an Imperial officer who gets Demoted and send to An Imperial Prison.

As mentioned above, there'd have to be some kind of military tribunal for Imperial misconduct. Lord Hethrir was an Imperial Procurator of Justice which meant he kind of travelled around the Empire like a one man court so there were definately officials charged with maintaing order and Imperial justice. Might be best to look into the existing court martial situation most professional military institutions have in place.

7. Can someone name an Imperial prison planet, which was around at the time of 3BBY? (Not Kessell)

Kessel would have been my first swing but Dathomir was another penal colony for sometime before the Force witches that are native to that

9. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Gaeri...
    "Genghis, I know Corellia was really isolationist under the Diktat, and that changed after the Diktat crumbled by the time we get to the Corellian Trilogy, but are you saying that the Diktat fell around the same time the Second Death Star was destroyed? That's not the impression I got, especially from Corran Horn's difficulty in trying to visit his grandfather Rostek Horn in I, Jedi, which was years after ROTJ."

Essentially, yes. As soon as word that the Emperor was destroyed at Endor reached the galaxy proper, the game was up. The Battle of Endor was the turning point for the Diktat. Cracken's Threat Dossier sheds some light on this particular loss of power...
      "After the Alliance victory at Endor, the Diktat -- the highest official of the Corellian government -- no longer had any support; the Emperor had helped the Diktat maintain his position through force of arms, and those arms were now needed to shore up the Imperial military's badly flagging defenses.
      Suddenly, Correlians did not have to fear execution for petty crimes..."
    Endor began the downward spiral. The Emperor's games of secretly transferring all important Imperial resources to Byss in secret exacerbated the situation. And the Diktat's ultimate flight to the Outer Section of Corellian space put the nail in the coffin.

The power vacuum and no supreme authority, unfortunately created an adversarial relationship between the humans, selonians and drall which reached critical mass by the time of the Corellian Trilogy.

10. hudzu

hudzu Force Ghost star 6

Jun 1, 2003
    Well, it looks like the all-knowings have got it under control. :p I look forward to seeing an imperial officer-type sent to prison.

11. Lank_Pavail

Lank_Pavail Jedi Knight star 7

Sep 26, 2002
    There's also Despayre, a prison planet that the Empire used as the base to build the 1st Death Star. It's inmtes were used as cheap labor.

12. Genghis12

Nov 18, 1999
    Yeah. Despayre's a good one too. But, with that one, just make sure your man's broken out of prison before leading up to ANH. Otherwise, he's going to have one heck of a bad sunburn.

13. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    The following classes were in use 3 years before Yavin:

The Victory-I class Star Destroyer. It's the original model. Slow, unmanueverable, but extraordinarily fast in hyperspace. If there's a trouble spot that needed heavy support really quickly, the VSDI was the one that'd show up to do the work. It was an aging design even in these days, and its inability to keep up with other capital ships in combat meant that it had to rely on superior placement and use of gravity wells in order to win its space battles. It carried many quad turbolaser turrets, and was equipped with twenty concussion missile lauchers. Fighters should be scared of this one.

The Victory-II Star Destroyer was designed to make up for the deficiencies of the VSDI. Virtually identical in appearance, the VSDII was much faster than the original VSD. It lacked missile launchers, but it made up for it with its capabilities in battle.

Both models of the VSD possessed the ability to go into atmosphere, much as the Acclamator cruisers did in AOTC. That ought to be a scary sight, considering the VSD was 900 meters long.

The Imperial-I class Star Destroyer was also in commission during this time. It was fast, powerful, and deadly. It's slower in hyperspace than a VSD, but that wasn't much of a weakness. It had the speed to chase down much smaller ships, and it had the power to pound any ship into oblivion with its heavy turbolaser turrets. It also had a small amount of laser cannons for point-defense--about 40, I believe.

The Imperial-II class came just after Yavin, so your fanfilm wouldn't feature them.

I hope this was helpful, and let me know if you have further questions. :)

14. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    As far a prison planet's go, there's Dying Slowly (or was that the name of the city on the planet?)

there's also the place Tycho was sent after his stay in Lusankya. can't remember what it was called. I'll see if I can find it.

EDIT:

1.Dying Slowly is a town on the penal colony world of Jibular.

2.The first Death Star was built around the penal colony world of Despayre

3.Tycho Celchu was sent to "Akrit'tar" after his stay at Lusankya. It is unclear weather Akrit'tar is a planet or a city or just a prison.

hope that helps.

15. mrslush50

mrslush50 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Akrit'tar is located in the calaron sector. still don't know exactly what it is though.

16. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    The only answer I know is that the Imperial Officers are typically issued with blaster pistols

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.