main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Idaho Need Help With Movie Series Idea

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Corni_Wisea, Jun 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corni_Wisea

Corni_Wisea Jedi Youngling

Jul 30, 2003
    Hi. I'm a friend of Adam and Casey and I have an idea for a movie series.

OVERVIEW: It is a four part series. (Part I-The Hunt, Part II-The Twelve Guardians, Part III-The War of Ovar, and Part IV-The Final Battle) A great enemy, Leseth, the Descendant of the devil is trying to bring back the devil with twelve orbs, which were hidden from him. The only person who knows where are they are is a stable boy, whose memory has been erased of the orbs' locations.

THE HUNT:
    In a small village called Vinas, the knight Rovlin returns to it after he was at war in the east. He keeps talking about a discovery, and how the fate of the world is in his hands. The stable boy Micros finds out where they are, and Rovlin erases Micros' memory, but an accident happens and the memory loss is only temporary. Evil beings attack Vinas knowing Rovlin's knowledge of the Orbs. Micros flees the village and the enemies pursue him. With Micros is his life long friend Keram, Vinas' innkeeper. They decide to head east and tell the king of Ovuth (the kingdom they are in). They hide in a town and meet a mysterious boy named Tarai who joins Micros and Keram. Unknown to everyone (even Tarai) Tarai is the second descendant of the devil. They come to the city of Tok where a servant of evil named Joatmin pretends to be the city's lord Darvo. He imprisons Micros, Keram, and Tarai in a tower. Armies of evil march to Tok to take Micros, bring his memory back, and force him to tell where the orbs are. But a mercenary named Jasron and his apprentice Karomen are hired to protect Micros at all costs, and come to Tok and rescue Micros and the others. But the evil armies come and Micros flees north while Jasron and Karomen hold back the amries, but eventually are overwhelmed and begin tracking down Micros. Meanwhile Micros climbs a mountain, where he is attacked by a gang of bandits. The leader tries to kill Micros, Keram, and Tarai, who fall off the mountain and into a river. They float knocked out in the river, but Jasron and Karomen come and save them. Micros and the others wake up and he agress to have Jasron and Karomen help him.
    They run into a forest where they see evil armies massing, getting ready to take over Ovuth. They flee to the city and tell the King what happened. He decides to have a meeting in the city of Andol Palesi among all the leaders of the world. He sends Micros and the others to represent Ovuth, while the King help defends Ovuth. Micros meets an old man named Melth, who is very wise and powerful (and always brags about it). He joins Micros and the others and takes a keen intrest in Micros. So the armies attack the city where they are and they barely escape alive. They flee and hide at an inn, which is attacked by evil forces looking for Micros. The party is split up, and Micros and Keram desperatly flee east to Andol Palesi. They come to a tower where they meet a soldier named Ayanro who helps Micros get to Andol Palesi and rejoin his friends. The movie ends with Micros, Keram, Tarai, Jasron, Karomen, and Melth heading for Andol Palesi.

THE TWELVE GUARDIANS:
    Begins with a flashback of Vinas' destruction. Micros wakes up, a few miles from Andol Palesi. He then comes to the city and then to the castle where the meeting will be held. He and the others meet the wise Mage Masor, the half giant/half human Knight Max, the former slave of the enemy Marx, the good Prince Christopher, his sister Estrella (Jasron's secret lover), the servant Carlina, and the Duke of Andol Palesi, Rellosamor. He is also uncle of Christopher and Estrella. They have the meeting, and Micros' memory is restored, for he must find them before the enemy does. With him is Keram, Tarai, Jasron, Karomen, Melth, Masor, Max, Marx, Christopher, Estrella, and Carlina. They set out on the road. The enemy begins preparing the Last War, a war prophesized to destroy the world if the Twelve Guardians do not stop the resurrected devil. They come to a canyon, where they are nearly caught by evil forces. They come to a small village that was destroyed by evil forces and they fight

2. MalcolmTolemac

MalcolmTolemac Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 6, 2002
    I only had time to skim what was written above, but still had a couple of questions:

about how long is each chapter or section?

do you have a completed script (in script format, of course)? If so, how many pages does each chapter/section end up being?

what kind of "world" or universe do you picture this as being? (like SW, LOTR, modern, or your own design - what does that look like)?

what do each of the main characters look like in the way of costume and/or general appearance of the masses?

how many main characters/actors does the series have overall? how many lesser roles?

are you looking to pay your actors?

will you need extras?

if you're need to actually "build" the universe you've created for your story, what have you thought about in the way of set design - or can it be done on location in the general area you live in? (do you live in Boise?)

have you had time to do any location scouting? if so, where and for what scene?

what were you thinking about in the way of music - original score or "barrowing" someone else's work?

what is your overall budget for each chapter?

just a few things to think about... I don't know how much I'd be able to help in the long run, but seeing how the film industry is were I want to be and have some expirence in, I do what I can...

3. Corni_Wisea

Jul 30, 2003
    -Each movie will probably be about 2 hours

-I am currently working on scripts

-It is a fantasy/medieval world, called Kenvar.

-Most characters just wear simple, medieval garments, like a brown shirt and brown pants. But it will vary a lot because all of the characters come from different areas.

-There are about 12 main roles. About 35 smaller roles.

-Pay actors? Hopefully, but don't get your hopes up because I'm only 15...

-Will I need extras? Hell yes! Remember I mentioned scenes with armies fighting each other?

-Not to sure about set design, but if I could it would really help. I've done some location scouting across Idaho and Oregon and found awesome exterior places. But I'm not really sure what to do about villages and cities... (I live in Boise.)

-Music? I'm hoping I'll find a great musician, because I want all original music (hopefully).

-Budget? Um... I'm an unemployed 15 year old so... $15...

4. QUIGONJINN02

QUIGONJINN02 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2003
    I was making movies at your age, and still very much enjoy doing so. Give me a call: 484-2014 and we'll talk filmmaking together. I'm all for helping you create the vision you seek. Filmmaking is a fun adventure. Perhaps you can look at some of my earlier work as well. Thanks
    Kasey

5. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    good luck!

hopefully you're seeking an education in the film/TV industry in the future?

maybe you should table this project for a while - keep writing! Get a good script and find a script doctor, let 'em tear it apart, get it back and make it better (keep in mind in order for any major studio to pick this up it would have to be really good - why - it's been done before...)

in the mean time... keep filming small projects (with Kasey and/or others) under 30 mins. and develope your craft. get a good idea of lighting, editing, camera angles, etc. - be sure you go to film school eventually -> knowledge is power!! (I'm leaving Boise for film school this fall. I recomend Full Sail in Orlando, Fl. Offspring of LucasFilm Employees and LF Employees themselves have come in drooling... "we don't have this equipment at the Ranch!!!" Don't go to BSU for this type of degree)!!! Get contacts as you go -> networking is very important in the film industry.

most of all, have fun.

6. Corni_Wisea

Jul 30, 2003
    I have taken several movie making classes. So I know all about camera angles, lighting, editing, and other movie making stuff. I'm writing the script and (hopefully) spring and summer of 2005 we will film and (hopefully) summer of 2006 the movies will come out.

This weekend I did some location scouting and found some GREAT locations in and around McCall and the Payette Lake.

7. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    That's great! Now all you need are some business classes so you can learn how you'll finance it all...

8. Corni_Wisea

Jul 30, 2003
    If anybody wants to be in the movie and/or wants to help out, please contact me at ayanro@hotmail.com!

Contact me about roles.

Following roles are taken:

Micros-Adam Schroeder
    Keram-Michael Morton
    Tarai-Preston Jenkins
    Max-Orion Celusta
    Christopher-Rob Trenckmann
    Carson-Tim Geno
    King Asatir-Robin Gruebe
    Angela-Lubi Boudi
    King Analamor-Bill Trenckmann

Following roles need people:
    Guard #1 (Dies Part 1)
    Guard #2 (Dies Part 1)
    Jasron (Dies Part 4)(In Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4)
    Karomen (Dies Part 4)(In Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4)
    Melth (Dies Part 4)(In Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4)
    Masor(In Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4)
    Marx(In Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4)
    Estrella (Dies Part 4)(In Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4)
    Carlina (In Parts 2, 3, and 4)
    Duke Rellosamor (In Parts 2, 3, and 4)
    Leseth (Dies Part 4)(In Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4)
    Joatmin (Dies Part 4)(In Parts 1, 2, 3, and 4)
    Lucar (Dies Part 4)(In Parts 2 and 4)
    Sir Rovlin(Dies Part 1) (In Parts 1 and 2)
    Hewer(Dies Part 1) (In Parts 1 and 2)
    Gamisan(Dies Part 3) (In Parts 1 and 3)
    Ikulzash(Dies Part 1)
    Kalzog(Dies Part 1)
    Innkeeper (In Parts 1 and 4)
    Lord Darvo (Dies Part 1)
    Bandit (Dies Part 1)
    Ovuth Soldier #1 (In Part 1)
    Ovuth Soldier #2 (In Part 1)
    King Athasam (Dies Part 1) (In Parts 1 and 2)
    Queen Amela (Dies Part 1)
    Librarian (In Part 1)
    Ayanro (In Parts 1 and 4)
    Martin (Dies Part 4)(In Parts 1 and 4)
    Gregos (Dies Part 4)(In Parts 1 and 4)
    Duke Rellosamor (In Parts 2 and 4)
    Niva Soldier #1 (In Part 2)
    Niva Soldier #2 (In Part 2)
    King Jaliman (Dies Part 3)
    Ovar Soldier (Dies Part 3)

If you are interested in any of these roles, please contact me!

9. Corni_Wisea

Jul 30, 2003
    Here's the contact e-mail if you didn't get it (if you want to help out or be in the movie):

ayanro@hotmail.com

10. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    Well, I'm out... I've got too many projects of my own to finish before I move... but once those are done, and if i have the time, I'll send word your way... ;)

Edit: ...however, I'd be more than happy to offer suggestions/feedback for any ideas you have or if you want more "professional" expirence, I can hook you up with a production company that's just on the ground floor of starting things up...

11. Corni_Wisea

Jul 30, 2003
    A production company? Sweet! That would really help!

12. MalcolmTolemac

Apr 6, 2002
    PM me if you want the #!!! Glad I can help!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.