main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

need help with some eu books

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by sons_of_anakin_tatooine, Sep 14, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sons_of_anakin_tatooine

sons_of_anakin_tatooine Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 28, 2005
    been out of the loop for 10 11 years and the only trilogy i have read was jedi academy ( jedi serch dark apprentice and champions of the force)

i was curious what other books are excellent stories i should look into? ( already going to pick up heir to the empire)

2. CrazyOldHermit

CrazyOldHermit Jedi Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    That's a really good start. :D

I suggest the X-Wing series, the Han Solo Trilogy, Yoda:Dark Rendezvous, Shatterpoint, the Darth Bane Trilogy, and the Medstar Duology. That will give you a good bit to start with.

Mirax Terrik and zarkinfrood like this.
  3. BultarSwan

BultarSwan Founder: Grand Rapids, MI FF star 10

Jul 5, 2003
    I just thought of a brilliant idea. That is, if you like the force and force users. It would be a good idea to pick up copies of 'The Jedi Path' and 'The Book of Sith' respectively. :)

4. SWBob

SWBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 19, 2003
    My vote is the X-wing series. No force users but IJedi follows the main character of the series, Corran, as he becomes a jedi and gives another viewpoint to Jedi Acadamy timeperiod.

Mirax Terrik, zarkinfrood and adaml83 like this.
  5. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I wholeheartedly endorse both CrazyOldHermit's suggestions, and SWBob's suggestion. All very good books.

6. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    But what about mine? :( ;)

7. zark

zark Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2009
    I don't know those two. :p

8. BultarSwan

Jul 5, 2003
    Well read them! They're a good idea! :p

9. Tim Battershell

Tim Battershell Jedi Master star 5

Sep 3, 2012
    I'd add (in order of reading); 'Spectre of the Past', 'Vision of the Future', 'Survivors Quest' then (despite it being out of timeline-order) 'Outbound Flight' to those listed above. They're all by Zahn.

Edit: The Jedi vs. Sith (Essential Guide to the Force) is also interesting.

10. Skywalker_T-65

Skywalker_T-65 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 19, 2009
    The Jaden Korr duology (Crosscurrent/Riptide) are both good books. Though if you haven't played Jedi Academy (the game) it could be a bit confusing :p

11. Shadow Trooper

Shadow Trooper Jedi Master star 4

Jul 18, 2013
    I would recommend Yoda: Dark Rendezvous, Shatterpoint, Shadows of the Empire and Luke Skywalker and the Shadows of Mindor

12. Mirax Terrik

Mirax Terrik Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 11, 2000
    Nthing the suggestion to read the X-wing Series. It's my favorite series by far.

A.C. Crispin's Han Solo trilogy was also very good. You get to find out how Han became the man he was in the movies. It starts out from childhood and goes to a a year before ANH, if I remember correctly.

Obligatory suggestion of Timothy Zahn's Thrawn trilogy. The trilogy that started the boom of SW fiction.

For Prequel Era:
    Darth Plagueis was excellent. It's one of the few prequel era books I've read and I found it easy to get into and incredibly engaging.

13. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    Actually, Rebel Dawn ends with Han sitting down to meet with Obi-Wan and Luke in Chalmun's Cantina, adding some perspective to what's on his mind at the time.

I agree with all of these suggests, though I myself haven't read Darth Plagueis yet, but I do possess my own copy, I merely want to read two closely related works as well, Darth Maul: Shadow Hunter and Cloak of Deception.

Mirax Terrik likes this.
  14. Allana_Rey

Allana_Rey Jedi Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    Don't do what I did...which was start out with LOTF...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.