main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need help with Star Wars in the Big Easy

Discussion in 'Archive: New Orleans, LA' started by arniec, Apr 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. arniec

arniec Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    Dear Fellow Star Wars Fans, I need your help.

See...I am getting married on May 11th (in a Star Wars themed wedding, you can check out our invitation at http://www.arnie-marjorie.com and I hope to have a full site up and running shortly at http://www.starwarswedding.com

My fiancee and I had planned on skipping our honeymoon for a while and see AOTC, and take a honeymoon later in the year, but now we're thinking about making a road trip down from our home in Illinois to New Orleans.

The thing is, we still want to go to the earliest possible showing of AOTC...a midnight showing if there is one, and if not then a showing on the first day.

I figure there may be camping out for tickets, etc. and I was wondering if any good natured fellow fan would be willing to help us out with this.

I will, of course, pay for the tickets, and possibly even trade some SW swag if I have some you'd want in exchange for the tickets. I will be attending the SW Celebration II in Indy (the weekend before my wedding, whew!) where I might be able to pick up something special in exchange for help getting tickets.

Please e-mail me at thearniec@aol.com if you can help!

May the force be with you!

AC

2. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    You can call The Palace/AMC Theater 20 (or any of the other branches in New Orleans) and reserve tickets by phone using your credit card, and you can then pick them up at the theater when you get here.

Here's a link:

http://www.moviewatcher.com/gulf_states2.html

I recommend Elmwood or Clearview.

3. AnakinSlave

AnakinSlave Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 16, 2002
    Good luck and hope you enjoy our city as well as the movie.

4. arniec

arniec Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    Thank you all for your help!

I was able to score 2 tickets to the 11:45 (or was it 11:15...anyway) showing at the AMC 20 while on the phone from the convention center. It certainly beat the standing in line I did for Episode 1 (plus I got enough standing in line at the convention to last me for quite some time).

Good luck. If you guys want to look for me, I'll be wearing a TFN "That's no space station, that's a moon" T-shirt, and be with my new wife! (the marriage will be new, the wife is not a trade in...it's a first marriage...anyway, now I'm babbling).

Thanks again!

Arnie

5. arniec

arniec Jedi Youngling

Apr 3, 2002
    well...I take it back. That teaches me to open my big mouth.

After doing a little more reading, I realize there IS a midnight showing. The trick was to use the 15th as the date, not the 16th.

I got tix for the 12:05 showing at Elmwood 20 (and I have 2 more for the next day...I'll probably end up seeing it both times knowing me).

Thanks agian for your help in not just getting tickets, but finding and getting midnight showing tickets.

AC

6. Darth Mischievous

Darth Mischievous Jedi Grand Master star 6

Oct 12, 1999
    That's good.

It's really kinda nice to live only 5 minutes away from the Palace 20 at Clearview.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.