Need help...

Discussion in 'Reading, PA' started by Rebel_Spook, Feb 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Hi guys,

As many of you know, Midrim used to cover the York and Lancaster, but it died due to lack of interest and attention from its CR.

Tengu and I started a new board. Since Tengu has left the boards and the others that were making up the membership have failed to keep in touch. I am now left to try to keep up the board and have been unable to gather any new members.

If anyone knows someone in this area that is interested in joining an FF, please have them contact me, or just post on the Y/L board.

I apologize if it offends anyone that I am posting this here. I am desperate!

Thanks!
  2. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
  3. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Somehow the message posted without my message and I had to edit it back in.
  4. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Sorry...I was gonna respond to this last night, but my internet network died last night for about an hour.

This is a problem that seems to plague all the FFs at one time or the other. From just talking with fellow CRs, this happens often. We were struck down with this as well when we first started out. We had a core group of about 3 members who stuck with it and we became official. And now, after about a year of being an official group, people are slowly starting to trickle in. Sure, the board slows down once and a while (like now), but the members always seem to find their way back.

All I can say to help you out is not to give up. People will start to come. And if they don't, try some advertising tactics. For example, putting a link in your sig. or profile helps. You can even go as far as placing flyers around local businesses to draw attention.

And don't worry. I will also try to help out and keep an eye open for people in your area. If I find any, I will direct them to you. ;)
  5. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    Thanks, I hate to say it, but I have tried some of the tactics you sugested, but I fear that there won't be enough time for people to trickle in before my board gets shut down due to lack of activity.

I appreciate your advice and help, I will keep in touch.
  6. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Hmm...I haven't checked your board for a while, but has there been any activity at all? Maybe there are lurkers that just need a boost for them to start posting again.

What I mean by this is post some kind of game or social thread or even plan an event and see if it will draw the attention of anyone that may still be around.
  7. Rebel_Spook Jedi Master

star 4
    It's worth a shot, thanks for the suggestion. If I can get this FF off the ground, maybe we can arrange a meet between our groups this summer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.