main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need help??

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by JediJoe7281, Oct 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJoe7281

JediJoe7281 Jedi Youngling

Sep 23, 2005

Hey JediJoe here,

I am having trouble trying to find a cheap darth vader costume. I can't find one. Anybody have any idea cause its gettin close to halloween. Oh and i still cant find the sidious's face mask.:_|

2. SithLordRusty

SithLordRusty Jedi Youngling

Jul 26, 2005
    Oh wow, a costume like that, this soon. Umm...unless you know someone who has a vader costume or you could get one from walmart. A costume store MIGHT have one.

Not too sure on this...

3. freshone

freshone Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2005
    While I'm not an expert, and others will surely have more knowledgable advice here, I'll try to give you some ideas. If it is cheap, you'll need to go with something like the hasbro voice changer mask, that will give you the helmet and chest console. Get the Rubies costume saber, it's pretty decent looking, has a blade that will stay clipped in when hung from your belt, and I got one for $7 at Walmart. My advice for boots, get some cheap rubber ones. I bought some at Home Depot years back, but I found some brown ones at Walmart for my Obi-Wan costume this year, I suggets looking for some black ones there, they are $15. Maybe a black long sleeve t-shirt (try to find a 'tshirt outlet' or something similar, I found a place that has all kinds of really cheap shirts that are blank, good for projects like this), and a pair of black dockers. Not sure how well those will work, but I'm not sure you'll get much better on a tight money/time budget. I'm pretty sure Rubies makes some Vader gloves, might want to get some of those. For the belt, maybe some black vinyl, and try to add as much detail as you can to it. Grab as decent a cape as you can find, which should be somewhat easier during the Halloween season. You may have to cut off one of those giant dracula collars. It should drape to the floor.

The chest armor is going to be your biggest problem, I have no ideas for that. Hopefully someone else has an easy chest armor. Good luck, it'll probably be a busy week :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.