main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

need Ideas

Discussion in 'Costuming and Props' started by Jedipadawanstarr, Aug 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedipadawanstarr

Jedipadawanstarr Jedi Youngling

Jun 10, 2003
    I have and outer tuinc and the robe but I don't know what to get for the pants belt and inner tuinc. well any Idea's would help me out alot! thanx.

2. Jedi_Outcast77

Jedi_Outcast77 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 10, 2003
    Depending on the length of your outer tunic, you could use khaki pans (where the outer tunic covers the pockets), or you could use karate gi (which are very light and plain pants with no pockets) and dye them.

3. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    If worse comes to worse, lightwieght karate pants work well. For the inner 'shirt' you could go with a turtle neck or V-neck shirt, if you want to work on a serious budget or you don't know how to sew. As for a belt, I've found that the strap for a shoulder mounted pistol sling works very well.

4. Raef_Wolfe

Raef_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2003
    Belt and boots are some of the hardest parts of the costume. A proper belt should be about 3 inches wide, and that's no easy thing to find.

However, you could go with the idea of useing a normal size belt and just put it though something, like in this picture:

http://www.padawansguide.com/adi/adi3.jpg

A good place to find a belt is on ebay or a local saddlery shop.

5. Q99213

Q99213 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 3, 2001
    For my obi I used some vinyl that's cut about 4" wide, then wear the strap that I mentioned above over that. I think it looks pretty decent.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.