main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

need input about my website about Yuuzhan Vong

Discussion in 'Literature' started by maddjedi21, Jan 21, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. maddjedi21

maddjedi21 Jedi Youngling

Dec 21, 2001
    Hello, OK I got www.yuuzhanvong.com and I want to make it the best and most up to date and complete website for Star Wars fans and readers of the New Jedi Order series.This site would ONLY BE ABOUT THE YUUZHAN VONG! I would like your input on what all to have on it. I know I want to have history, characters, weapons, vehicle, etc. The basics but what do you suggest would be most needed and in what order. Thanks in advance!!!

2. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Hum...

Hum...

Maybe you could host the Unofficial New Jedi Order Encyclopedia... They have hosting problems right now...

And maybe you'll get contacted by LFL agents sometime in the future...

3. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    Try the YuuzhanVong Homeworld, or UNJO.COM

4. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    LFL agents contacting me.... if they didn't get the website within the past 2 years why would they want it now? I have stated on there that it is not associated with them and all rights go to them so what's the difference between me or someone else's site that has a star wars reference in it???

5. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Hey, no need to worry... Maybe you'll make some money if they contact you...

But maybe they probably wont'... It's just that it's quite an 'official' domain name, so you never now...

And my above suggestions are still valid. :D

6. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    You might want to see if you can find their ranking systems, like shapers and military, along with political, if they have a political system.

Plus, a list of gods and casts would be wonderful

7. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    I know I was surprised that the website was available. I'm sure that as long as I give credit to where credit is due AND I do not step on the toes of the big guys over at Lucasfilm., I will be fine.

8. Nom Anor

Nom Anor TFN Books Staff star 4 VIP

Mar 4, 2000
    Somewhere I think somebody already did something along these lines, but I could be mistaken. Memory is the first thing to go with age afterall...

Check the signature for links.

9. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    I've been researching the NJO for years now. I've got info on the individual Vong and their gods. Here's my Yuuzhan Vong page:
    Swamp Wampa's Yuuzhan Vong Rollcall

As always, don't steal my stuff. ;)

10. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    thanks wampa, don't worry I don't steal info!!!

11. palpatineson

palpatineson Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 7, 2001
    Very nice wampa.

But does anyone know the vong ranking system or is their not enough info to put that together yet?

12. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    Oh BTW: To those of you who are wondering will Lucasfilm come after me for having this domain name. I just checked and found out that bobafett.com , aurrasing.com and darthvader.com are all owned by people other than Lucasfilm sooooooooooooo I guess if they've had their's for a while and Lucasfilm didn't go after them....... not to mention like I stated earlier, I will not (a) use any written or visual material without permission and this clearly states that it is UNOFFICIAL and a fan site. OK, now I've vented. I guess I am almost as surprised as that someone has theborg.com (from that OTHER universe) and it's not paramount.

13. tanjokabri

tanjokabri Jedi Master star 4

Nov 2, 2001
    nice site, wampa...

maddjedi: how about fanfic about the yuuzhan vong... you know, their life before they invaded GFFA... haven't seen much around... you could appeal over on the fanfic boards... just an idea!

14. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    great idea, I was actually thinking of doing that, starting with right before they start scouting the Star Wars universe.

15. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    You could host my little theory. ;) :p j/k

No, seriously, what would be great is to design your website so that it looks organic.

For the content... Well, basically, what you can find in the links that where provided before in that thread...

Maybe you could ask for fan art illustrations of the Yuzzies and their tech, and put it on your website...

16. maddjedi21

Dec 21, 2001
    Hey prince Xizor, I would DEFINITELY link to your page if you didn't mind. What a great concept. Nothing on the website will look like it was created by a machine! As for the fan art, that is quite a possibility!

17. PrinceXizor

Jul 4, 2001
    Well, indeed, I wouln't mind getting more people to read it... :D

18. wampa

wampa Jedi Master star 4

Jul 8, 1998
    Thanks for the comments on my site everyone, it means a lot.

19. Tsavong_Lah

Tsavong_Lah Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 29, 2001
    Here try this link for Ideas. Its a goodsite.

New Jedi Order Encyclopedia

This one is different than the one posted by Prince Xizor, I think.

They have a chronological list of all the books, with a story synopsis.

They also have a list of all the major Yuuzhan Vong Characters! Ones I had totally forgot about.

They also have a list of all the battles involving the Yuuzhan Vong that are detailed in the books! Its a long list.

They even have a nice little Message Board. Very good site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.