main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need large scale terrain renderings???

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Webbster, Feb 18, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Webbster

Webbster Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2004
    Hi,

I'm new to the boards, but I am trying to get straight involved with SW Fan Film making by offering my services (free) to anyone who needs them.

I am currently developing skills in terrain rendering, I have several stills that I would be willing to show to people interested in me. I also have a complete 3 second rendering of a mountain fly by with atmospheric effects, not highly compressed yet 2mb eek!

I am able to produce a huge variety of effects from basic terrain to totally altered landscapes with alien esc atmospheres and ground colours, I can even add fully reflective and animated water / ice to the renderings.

If you need to produce some very large outdoor renderings for an entire fly by scene, or just as a backdrop please e-mail me and I'll show you a quick sample of my work. I can also add a single layer soundtrack to my compiled renderings aswell.

I have full control over my scenes: terrain level, water level, sun(s) position and intensity, terrain type(s), water movement and ferocity, ground texturing, clouds, camera movement, fps, atmosphere effects (I can add fog, light haze, distance perception), and a whole lot.

The exact work time depends on complexity, I'm going to render a 20 second clip tomorrow depicting a mountain range surrounded by lakes and foresty, that should test the complete spectrum of effects I can achieve.

Please get in contact with me for more information.

Thanks for Listening,
    Ad

2. Funk-E

Funk-E Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 11, 2003
    OR:
    We could just go get Terragen.

3. Dezion-Karr

Dezion-Karr Jedi Master star 3

Dec 10, 2001
    I know you said we could email, but what are the odds you could show us some work here?

~DK~

4. Webbster

Webbster Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2004
    Rep 1: LOL one of my tools is TerraGen but that alone kinda womps so I do have a small arsenal of other toys that help, such as PhotoShop, World Machine, TerraVeiwer, and some TerraGen Plugins. Another tool I use is something I developed myself for use on terrain files that allows me to place basic objects on the scenes, like rudimentary houses and such, I made it in OpenGL / C++

Rep 2: I'll try to get some images on here ASAP but if you really want to see something quickly your addy would be best. If I need to have the images somewhere on the internet before I can post them, then theres no chance of them being on this board tonight.

Thanks for the replies,
    Ad

5. MKane

MKane Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    I'd like to see some samples also. I have a need for a few static backgrounds (Himelayan style mountains for example).

If this is your specialty, it might look better than anything I would produce, and you save me the time I would take to model and render.

Check my sig for email info.

6. Webbster

Webbster Jedi Youngling

Feb 18, 2004
    Okay Mike, Ill send you a few samples, if you like we'll talk more!

Thanks,
    Ad

7. J-Solo

J-Solo Jedi Master star 4

Oct 6, 1999
    Well, it would be great if you could post some samples here, now I'm curious.

8. Goldfire

Goldfire Jedi Youngling

Feb 12, 2004
    terragen, 3dsmax6, dreamscape, photoshop, AE, premier

that's all u need [face_clown]

9. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    Well 3 out of 6 ain't bad

10. althegreat

althegreat Jedi Youngling star 3

May 22, 2002
    terragen, 3dsmax6, dreamscape, photoshop, AE, premier

that's all u need [face_clown]

yeah, and you might as well get them all because when they're so cheap....[face_whistles innocently]

11. bad_karma24

bad_karma24 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 5, 2003
    At least Terragen is free. LOL

12. panicstruckpro

panicstruckpro Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 6, 2002
    Webster .. sent you a PM, as we would be interested, and like seeing your work

13. Dub273

Dub273 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 27, 2003
    Webbster --

"Revelations" might benefit from some of your terrains as panoramas, plates, or fly-through. Contact either Shane (panic@panicstruckpro.com) or me (dub273@yahoo.com) with some of your samples!

==\dub/==

14. ObiJuan2080

ObiJuan2080 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 31, 2004
    I too would like to see your work (AIM Screenname: ObiJuan2080)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.