main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Need Relocation advice = Cary, Apex, Holly Springs?

Discussion in 'Archive: Raleigh, NC' started by benkenobisan, May 30, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benkenobisan

benkenobisan Jedi Master star 1

May 17, 2005
    I have been searching for a house to relocate to near Raleigh, but I am having trouble visualizing the neighborhoods. From the pictures I can sort of make out the neighborhood, but I need I some advice of desirable places to live.

Specifically I am looking for reasons for and against Apex, Cary, and the surrounding areas.
    Chapel hill (a bit expensive) is also on the list.

Plus I am relocating from really sunny and nice San Diego, so I need know where to search for homes on all the real estate websites before I fly over and check them out in person.

Thanks!

-Ben

2. Psycho_Jedi

Psycho_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 26, 2002
    Well, I don't live in any of those places but I live in Morrisville. It's technically Durham, but you know zoning can get weird. It's basically right in between Raleigh and Durham, and is very close to RTP and Brier Creek. I like the apt. complex I live in and would recommend it.

www.ticonproperties.com

3. benkenobisan

benkenobisan Jedi Master star 1

May 17, 2005
    Thanks for the post, but I changed the post to be a little more specific.

I am actually looking for a house.
    Someone told me not to look at Durham because it's a huge ghetto. So I have been looking at the RTP area and south of Raleigh.

I really have no clue about the area so I am hoping for some strong opinions, about neighborhoods, strict zoming (Cary) and desirability just form people's own experience living there.

Plus I need to be close to a movie theatre so I can see SW ROTS a few more times.

4. Bodo_Janx

Bodo_Janx Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 20, 2004
    Benkenobisan:

Welcome to the Triangle Trade Federation, I am Bodo Janx and I have lived in the Triangle all my life. I can give you an excellent overview of this area. One thing about this area is that the price range of houses differ.

I currently live on the outskirts of Cary/Raleigh area and I have really enjoyed it. Areas that I would suggest are Cary, Morrisville, and West Raleigh (Glenwood Ave.- Western Blvd.)area. These are the most expesive areas around here, but access to local businesses (Movie Theatres, Malls, and Restrauants) are at your backdoor.

Apex and Holly Springs are very nice, but you have to drive a little ways to get where you are going and price range on houses are less than the areas above. If you are interested in any these, then I would pick Apex over Holly Springs. Only because Apex is exploding with new businesses (Target, Lowes, etc.) and will be the next Cary and a home's value in Apex should increase; and it is closer to Raleigh than Holly Springs.

The best thing to do is email me a little about what price range you are looking for in a house and where you will be working (this makes a big difference!), and I can help guide you in what area you need to be looking at. Don't worry, I am not a Realtor!

Happy House Hunting,
    Bodo Janx
    bodojanx@hotmail.com

5. TallonKaardgamer

TallonKaardgamer Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 9, 2002
    Check out these websites:
    Cary - http://townofcary.org
    Apex - http://www.apexnc.org/index.cfm
    Holly Springs - http://www.hollyspringsnc.us/

I've lived in Cary since I moved here in 1992.
    Any specific questions - feel free to pm me ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.