main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Need some advice

Discussion in 'Literature' started by hillk, Mar 5, 2013.

1. hillk

hillk Jedi Youngling

Mar 5, 2013
    I am wondering which novel I should read first between Outbound Flight or Survivor's Quest. I know that Outbound Flight was released after Survivor's Quest and would like to honor that release order, but would it be beneficial to read Outbound prior to Survivor? Or would it ruin the storyline?

If anyone had any advice on this it would be greatly appreciated. I don't want to spoil any surprises that would be in one book before it should be known when reading the other ... Kind of like newbies to the movies should watch Episodes 4,5,6 before 1,2,3.

Thanks

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Tim Zahn pretty much intended them to be read in release order. He wrote the chronologically later one first, just like Lucas originally did with the movies.

Also, reading Outbound Flight first spoils some parts of Survivor's Quest. So, I'd suggest reading them in release order first, then if you want you can read them in chronological order.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Newbies should watch 4, 5, and then 1, 2, 3, and then 6.

:p