main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Reference Need Some Opinions

Discussion in 'Role Playing Resource' started by Losaand-Vreste, Mar 13, 2014.

1. Losaand-Vreste

Losaand-Vreste Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2014
    Okay. There is a concept I wish to use for an OC character. It is based around an object from the "Lost Missions" of the Clone Wars.

The item in question is from "The Disappeared, pt 2". It is that weird lightsaber variant Talzin uses against Master Windu. Would it be appropriate for a Nightsister RP character to wield something similar? Already have the mechanics down:

The "Witchsaber" (name in the works) is similar to a Ratakan Forcesaber, which creates a blade when dark side energy is focused through a crystal embedded in a hilt. Instead of dark side energy, the "witchsaber" focuses spirit ichor.

2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Wouldn't "ichor" be a liquid of some sort?

3. Losaand-Vreste

Losaand-Vreste Jedi Youngling

Mar 3, 2014
    Not that it appears to be. Most I'm getting from Wookieepedia is a smokey, green substance that is used by the Nightsisters in the Clone Wars cartoon as a base for their "magic". Whatever it is, when it reacts to the will of a Witch such as Talzin, it can manipulated into whatever she desires, from enchancing the body, to creating object, and to even make a lightsaber-type weapon in the case of the Talzin-Windu Duel.

4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    For what its worth, going by the wiki, and what you say above, since I have not read the duel you mention:

If it can manipulated into whatever she desires, from enchancing the body, to creating object, and to even make a lightsaber-type weapon means that on the spot, this ichor thingy can be moulded into something that looks and acts like a lightsabre, then I see no problem in a random Nightsister wielding it.

If, as I first thought, you meant an actual lightsabre, where someone has filled a glass globe with this ichor in lieu of hunting or manufacturing a suitable focussing crystal, installed it in a hilt, and hey presto, they have an actual lightsabre they have built themselves, then, I would say no. The SW wiki doesn't seem to indicate the rank and file on-world Nightsisters using lightsabres or similar, and the one who captured the jedi seemed to keep the knowledge and research to herself.

I suppose it is possible for those that managed to get off-world as bodyguards, etcetera, might be able to gain more knowledge and experience than described in the wiki, so they might potentially make themselves a lightsabre, though I am doubtful about this spirit ichor business being a suitable medium to try focussing light through, in order to use it as a laser sword.

Other than that, I would have to resort to the insufficient data standby.