main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:WA Need stuff, advice, and/or general help

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    I'm in need of a Power Supply Unit (Either a 240 V or a 250 V) since the one in my other computer has just blown up. If anyone has one they don't need anymore and wishing to part with it please let me know.

2. Aztek

Aztek Jedi Master star 4

Apr 12, 2001
    Need advice....

I'm told that I can run my computer through the t.v. via the video card.

I have been trying for like the last hour and a half and the best I can get is full sound and a flickering black and white picture on the tv.

Any ideas ??

3. monkey_abbot

monkey_abbot Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 14, 2002
    so, are you trying to use ur tv as a monitor? or your monitor as a tv?

4. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Whats your video card that your trying to output with? If its a geforce card, then sometimes you need to to download or find a registery fix that changes the default output Hz and resolution...

However, mucking with registery.. all bad.. your own risk.. etc etc..

A good program to try is called TvTool.. Makes outputting a lot easier.. But its not freeware (has a trial period) and I cant remember the site.. [face_plain]

5. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    Also go through the settings and make sure the output is right for the telly, sounds like it is set to NTSC when you seem to have a PAL telly......

DS

6. FaLLeN-AnGeL

FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Just a question... I don't need it, I just couldn't think of any other place to put the question...

I've been looking for a board game that I used to play with my brother years and years ago... I've asked him what it was called, and he thinks it is called Dark Realms.

The game I am after, and this is a very vague description of it, is made up of plastic things that are kinda like steps, but not... And there was this plastic sword that had little colour balls in it that you "rolled" for something or other.

Is that Dark Realms? Can anyone find me any information on it, a picture of the box, anything so that I can confirm it? Anything at all?

BTW - I'm changing the name of this thread so that it can cover general questions as well...

7. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Never mind about the game, my brother found it... It's not called Dark Realms, but I can't remember the name of it and the box is now at my parents house...

Anyway, my monitor is on the blink, literally. Well, it could be called blinking... It kinda changes to different colours. It seems to like blue and yellow. But it's really starting to annoy me.

It's not as bad as what happened to Soup's monitor (his kept changing screen size and brightness/contrast).

So I was wondering if anyone had a spare monitor that I could either borrow or, if not too expensive, buy from them? It doesn't bother me about the size, just as long as it doesn't change colour or anything strange like that...

8. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    The game you are referring to FA is called Dark World. I own it as well and it's a pretty good game.

9. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    JD, yeah I know what the game is... Like I said, "Never mind about the game, my brother found it..."

I'm much more interested in the monitor at the moment...

10. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Does anyone here have a digital camera I could borrow for a short period?

11. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    What do you need it for, and how short is the period of time we're talking about here?

12. Kartanym

Kartanym Jedi Knight star 6

May 23, 2002
    Probably 10 minutes or less. Seriously, I only need a few quick grabs and, as long as I can upload easily to my PC, it's done in a flash.

The reason why? I've joined a new website (check it out at geeksinbasements.com), mainly to increase my writing experience. Anyway, I need a grab of myself to upload to the site (you'll see what I mean). That's all.

13. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    If you'd asked a week ago I could have let you use mine while I was in Perth. Might be a few weeks before I'm in Perth again.

14. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    My mouse has issues and I was wondering if anyone could sort it out. It seems to be overly enthusiastic when it comes clicking. Instead of double-clicking to enter a directory it will click enough times to not only open the directory you want, but it will also enter the next two directories and a file within the final directory it ends up in.

The mouse I have is a BTC Optical model M860 and it's the second of the same model that I've had. The first one was even more enthusiastic with the clicking than this one was, and I managed to get it replaced. I don't think this one clicks often enough for the place where we bought it from to notice, but Soup and I notice and it's damn irritating.

I've just installed the latest drivers for it and there's no change, I have Tweak and that's taken the edge off of some of the clicks, but it still does it. Anyone have any ideas why it would be doing this, or a way to stop it? We don't have the money to buy a new mouse yet and I have spare ball-mouse but I can't go back to using one, it's too damn clunky...

If anyone has a clue, or a spare optical mouse, I'd greatly appreciate it.

15. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    If my school hadnt found out about my other missions :p i would steal ya an optical ;)

16. Grizzly

Grizzly Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2000
    I take it you've pulled the mouse double click speed right down in Control Panel as well as TweakUI?

17. Stinky_jawa

Stinky_jawa Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 7, 2000
    Surely a shop that will replace it for another has admitted that the product is faulty, could you exchange it for a different mouse? (different brand, similar price range? etc)

Other than that, you havent said if you've tried it on another machine? (or re-installed windows) Perhaps its just a software, corrupted 'something' in windows etc.. (if you have tried this already, heh.. woops)

I know what you mean about the ball mice, they're shocking :( But unfortunately I dont have a spare either.. [face_plain]

18. soneil

soneil Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 30, 2000
    Well according to the fair trading laws, if you're not satisfied with something you buy then they're obligated to repair, replace or refund. The final choice of which is up to the customer.

19. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Jawa, Soup bought it for me from Austin. I'm not sure what their deal is with replacing faulty mice. I can't remember if Soup said anything about being able to replace it with another brand or not... I'm eventually going to get a brand new mouse (Logitech MX700) but that's only happening after Soup's beast is finished...

I haven't tried it on another machine, I'll ask our housemate later if he minds if I check on his machine. As for re-installing windows, I'm waiting for Soup's new machine to be up and running so that I can do a complete format on my drives (I've partitioned them weirdly and I keep running out of space on the C drive).

Griz, I don't know if it's the double-click speed that has issues. I can honestly just click once and it will count it as a double-click, but yes I have dropped it down.

I've noticed something else my mouse does as well... If I'm dragging something it'll decide that I've let go of the mouse button when I haven't moved my finger.

We've got to go into Austin on Monday to get more bits for Soup, I'll see if we can swap the mouse again or not then... *fingers crossed*

20. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    I was thinking about this today, and apart from performing an exorcism on the mouse, thought about what was happening with the subfolders involved.
    When you click on one folder does it open the subfolder directly below it, and on until it hits a file, or does it open the first subfolder in sequence and then the first file?
    ie if you click on the third folder in a group does it hit the third subfolder/s and then the third file, or the first subfolder/s then file. If it turns out to be (new) driver related this could help them with bug tracking .

21. Darth_Soup

Darth_Soup Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    What it does is click through whatever will end up in the same spot as the mouse pointer.

ie. if you click on a folder it will open that folder and the subfolder in the same position, or a folder and then the file in the same position. It is a physical stuff up though, I was playing with it today, and it seems like the contacts are rooted.

22. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Sounds like a big QA stuffup on a batch if you guys have managed to land 2 like that.

23. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    Ok. I don't know what the cause of the problem is, but my computer has issues. We have 2 computers and a laptop hooked up via a hub so that we can all be on the net. That's working fine, no problems there.

The problem I am having is for some unknown reason my computer decides to lock-up at the most inopportune moments (after I've just done a bucket-load of work on, say, the Knighthood webpage and am just about to save).

When we were living in the share house before we had up to 3 computers on the network plus the laptop. We had the same problem then, except it wasn't my computer that was locking up.

We've only had these problems since getting the hub, so I can only assume that it may be something to do with the hub that is locking the computer up, but I don't know why or how to fix it. Anyone got any suggestions? Could it actually be something to do with the hub? Or is it my computer?

24. Grizzly

Jul 22, 2000
    Are you running any sort of system temp monitoring software like PC Alert 3?
    I've noticed SWG will start to chunk a bit when the CPU temp gets up, and I copped a lockup on the weekend when it hit 58C, even with the side of the case off and a 40cm fan directed into the case.

25. FaLLeN-AnGeL

Dec 3, 2001
    No, I don't have any temperature monitoring software on this computer... Might be worth a looksee. I know Soup has some on his computer...

Does the comp temp go up a lot if you've just got a lot of programs open? I've just been working with browsers, ICQ, notepad, and a few other various programs. I haven't actually been running games on this machine yet, coz of the mouse problem I had. (We finally went out and bought a better mouse today, so now I don't have an enthusiastic mouse :D)

Soup thought of another solution though. He mentioned to me earlier that I have some of the parts in this computer that were previously in the computer that was locking up in the share house... (Does that make sense?) The only problem there is that he can't remember what parts are from the other machine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.