FF:WA Need stuff, advice, and/or general help

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by FaLLeN-AnGeL, Feb 14, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Ok, so I am sick of Outlook and Eudora didn't do what I wanted it to. So now I'm looking for people to recommend e-mail clients to me.

I have about 5 different e-mail addresses, and I want each to be checked by the same program, but to put the messages in seperate inboxes. That's it. You'd assume it would be fairly simple, but it isn't.

Outlook Express supports this by having seperate identities. But that's a little irritating having to switch identities to check the other accounts. Eudora also supported this, but it downloaded all the mail to the same place, not seperate inboxes.

What e-mail clients do you use? Can you backup and import the messages after formatting? Does it support different inboxes? Let me know.
  2. Jedi Daniel Force Ghost

star 5
    I only use Yahoo! Mail but I'm not sure how good Mozilla's E-mail client is. Don't know what it's called though.
  3. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    I use Eudora, I dont like inbuilt email clients on web-browsers, they tend to share information and cookies etc can be directly related to pages you've visited and emails you send.

If you've ever used Netscape, then you know what Mozilla's email client is (meh, mozilla is netscape, no difference really, except the multiple tabs etc). Its called composer and its fairly ordinary. Its easy to use, easy to set up etc, but not much different to Eudora or outlook express. I dont have anything against it. It just doesnt 'wow' me or anything.

Neither does Eudora mind you, but its what I have set up and am used to, so go what your comfortable with.
  4. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Mozilla Thunderbird is fantastic. That's what I'm now using. There is a program that you can download called MozBackup and it backs up all your e-mails along with profiles, address book and general preferences. It's fantastic.
  5. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I haven't used it yet FA but I'm sure it's a big step up from Outlook, which I use at work because I have no choice. :p
  6. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    Hmm, didnt know there was one seperate to the one that comes with mozilla. I'll give it a spin next format. Thanks for the url.
  7. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    I couldn't think of anywhere else to post this, so this thread will have to do...

Bring on The Cure! We want them to come to Australia! Hell, I'd love them to come to Perth. So sign, damn you, sign!
  8. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Again, I don't know where else to put this, so I'll put it here...

----------------------------------------------------

Break out the fishnets, it's time for the floorshow.
    [image=http://img21.photobucket.com/albums/v63/_masque_/POSTERFRANK.jpg]

That's right, Submerge Inc. are bringing the Rocky Horror Picture Show to a venue near you. And we are on the hunt for our very own shadow cast.

Reply here ASAP if you want to be involved. No experience required. No singing required (unless you want to of course). All you need is a willingness to strut your stuff in fishnet stockings and high heels, a tiny fraction of spare time and exhibitionist tendencies.

Msg or call Bec on 0409 000 046 for further info or to leave your contact details. Also, please see this.

----------------------------------------------------

For those that are interested, Submerge Inc is a club that I am involved in that is trying to bring more stuff for the alternative cultures in and around Perth to do. We're looking at LANs and Zoo visits and all sorts of other fun stuff. It doesn't matter if you're not interested in the alternative cultures (Goth, skaters, punks etc), I think "Geeks" count :p

Edit: if you follow the link where it says "reply here", it will bring you to someone's livejournal which repeats the above message. As far as I know, you should be able to post a response under "Post a new comment" even if you don't have a livejournal account. You are able to post annonymously on peoples journals. If you don't want to go through all that, then please drop me a PM and I will pass it on.
  9. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    hmm, wrong post it seems
  10. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey peoples,

I'm after your help again. I'm chasing a certain Star Wars figure and I've run out of ideas where to get it from. Empire Collectables doesn't have it and I'm doubting Toys R Us will. If any of you have it, or something similar (I'm chasing the holoprojector part) that you wouldn't mind lending to me for a week or so it would be greatly appreciated. Either that or if you know of somewhere that has it, or that can order it in, for cheap let me know.
  11. Stinky_jawa Jedi Master

star 4
    (blatant 500m high bronze jawa fund-raising)

Dont suppose anyones interested in a Epox 8rda+ Nforce2 Socket 1 (I think thats the socket I forget T-bred core, palamino etc cpu's) AMD M/board?

Forking out for a new 64 bit system myself...
  12. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
  13. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    sorry sal. The last book i bought was where did i come from?
  14. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Did you work in out in the end Johnnage ?

:)
  15. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    No. But I'm sure that santa has something to do with it.
  16. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Then Kevin Bloody Wilson may have been right. :p
  17. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    Does anyone know where I can get a digital copy of the Star wars posters done by Drew Struzan for the special editions ?

I found a couple on google but I need a high quality one that I can play with on the computer.
  18. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    hmmm have you googled it? maybe do an image search on sw poster?
  19. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    Google and you shall find:

http://www.observer.hu/SW/post/poster_bg.jpg

http://upx.primenova.com/1/sw2b/42-SW2-Poster.jpg
  20. Aztek Force Ghost

star 4
    I tried googling but the only one of decent quality I got was for Ep3. I found some that I am happy with for all the films now except Ep4.

Hoping for something at least 100kb in size.

Thanks for the effort though John.
  21. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    Not sure if this will help but http://cdcovers.cc/ have a huge collection of covers for all sorts of things. Might find the one you're after there.
  22. Symmbian Jedi Knight

star 1
    Yes....help me find a girlfriend into Star Wars/sci fi.

I swear if I meet another female in my age bracket that hates sci fi etc, I'm going to snap!!!

Symmbian
  23. JOHNNAGE_THE_BRAVE Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey I've been there dude- My girlfriends sister is a SW/ Stargate and general anime fan. She's 18 though so I don't know if she's quite the age bracket you were after if your're 29 tiger!

[face_thinking]
  24. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    If someone can tell me where I can get a decent protocol droid cheap, it would be great. Everyone talks about computer stuff, and I'm soooooo computer illiterate!
  25. FaLLeN-AnGeL Jedi Master

star 4
    Can one of you wonderfully fantastic people with broadband be really nice and waste some of your quota on poor little me who is suffering with dialup? I'm attempting to download the latest trial version of Coldfusion, but it is telling me it will take 39 hours and rapidly rising to download 275MB. I don't have that much time to waste and knowing my luck the net will drop out right near the end of the download and I'll have to start all over again.

The version I am trying to download is the second item listed, ColdFusion MX 7 Trial Edition, and I need the English | Windows | 275.79 MB version.

Please? Pretty please with sugar on top? [face_batting]
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.