need technical help

Discussion in 'Evansville, IN' started by navarre1095, Oct 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. navarre1095 Force Ghost

star 4
    I have the Big Scream TV DVDs for my haunted house this year. They are a series of Halloween characters that crack a few jokes then disappear. However, I only want to run the aliens and nothing else. i have permission from Big Scream to make copies for my own use but I have no idea how to copy a single chapter from a DVD. Does anybody have any DVD copying experience?
  2. HoosierTrooper Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Sorry Chuck, I got nothin for ya. :(
  3. Darth_TKD Jedi Master

star 3
    If you're using Windows, the easiest way is to get DVD Shrink. The company that made it has long since been sued out of existence by the MPAA, but plenty of copies are floating around the Internet. When you use it to open the disc, select "Reauthor" at the top. You should be able to only select certain chapters. Even if you can't, just rip the whole disc, and use any video editing program to edit the ripped VOB (DVD video) files so you onl y have what you want. Once you've ripped it, you've already circumvented the copy protection, so the resulting files, while still in DVD format, are unprotected. Once you've edited them, just burn them back to a disc.

If you're on Mac (as I will hopefully be soon), use either Hadnbrake or Mac the Ripper to rip the disc, but I don't know if either will rip part of it. Either way, you should be able to use a video editing program to edit them, and then just burn them back.

I've never actually done this, so if I'm wrong, someone correct me.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.