main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Needed: Medieval sound FX

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Audio' started by LoganSaj, Nov 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LoganSaj

LoganSaj Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 26, 2000
    I am in search of clean, high quality (128+ bit rate) medieval sound effects. I have found a few on the internet, but most have lots of hiss or background noise. Unfortunately, I do not have access to much that could replicate many of these sounds. If anyone can help, I would greatly appreciate it.

The specifically desired sounds include the following:
    - horse (walk, gallop, groups, on various terrains - dirt, cobblestone, etc.)
    - bow/arrow - nock, launch, flight, impact
    - marching troops - squads to armies (e.g., Two Towers)
    - ambience - various nature sounds - quiet forest, mountains, babbling brook, etc.
    - forging - hammer, anvil, misc. clanging, hissing furnace, etc.
    - crowds - from small mobs to large coliseum crowds
    - environmental sounds - trees falling (small & large), rocks sliding (pebbles to landslides), etc.

Thanx again (in advance)

Note: I tried to rip a few of these sounds from TTTX (Two Towers Extended), without success.

2. Sith_Hunter

Sith_Hunter Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 19, 2001
    You can look on Amazon to find sound effect cds. You can view each sound effect list and see if any sounds would suit your needs. These cds are fairly inexpensive. Hope this helps.

3. cinemafreak

cinemafreak Jedi Master star 4

May 13, 2002
    Probably the best way to get these sounds is to get medival games. Some of the Rise of Nations and other sim games would be good. You should be able to get quite a few of the sounds off the demos. The new Indiana Jones game comes with all of the sounds in handy to use wav files (Lucasarts must be throwing us a bone).

4. keithabbott

keithabbott Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 7, 1998
    Try this link. Granted out of all the sites I looked at, I prefer sonomic.com..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.