main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Needing repairs, Queen roulette challenge Han/Leia single post

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Dec 21, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Title: Needing repairs Han Leia Queen challenge
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: just before ESB
    Characters: Han, Leia, OC
    Genre: challenge vignette
    Keywords:
    Summary: Leia has some relaxing moments with Han, who is repairing the Falcon with Chewbacca.
    Disclaimer: Star Wars is owned by G.L.

Note I got number
    9. You've never had a heart of your own
    Song: Death On Two Legs (Mercury, A Night at the Opera, 1977)

Needing repairs

All was white on the ice planet Hoth or a variation of that colour when the artificial lights of the hangar blinked on the snow covering almost everything after the blast doors had opened to let a Tauntaun in or out.
    Luke Skywalker was out on patrol and Han and Chewbacca were busy repairing the Falcon for the umpteenth time.

Leia Organa entered the hangar because she wanted to be away from the command centre for a while. Luke had reported that he was headed home and she was relieved that another day had passed with no imperials noticing the rebel base.
    She passed a young pilot Hrani Amet ? a Zabrak with horns on his head and tattoos covering his face ? who was working on one of the air speeders and greeted him.

Zsasa as he was known in a former life replied ?greetings your highness.?

Leia smiled ?not so formal here Hrani. You have been with the Rebels for many years. I remember your friend Natala and her restaurant on Chandrila, providing a cover for our secret meetings with Mon Mothma.?

Hrani said ?yes Natala is still there with Hroni Amet. We were refugees from Coruscant and Mon Mothma took us in and provided us with that restaurant. Her son is now here serving with the troops.?

Further down the hangar a grumble was heard and a furry head peeked out from a hatch on top of a freighter.

Hrani looked towards that direction and grinned ?that old Corellian freighter is giving trouble but you can expect that. I have known one and she was also quite troublesome.?

Leia smiled ?as troublesome as the Millennium Falcon??

Hrani said ?she could have been her twin and a guy named Spanners was always complaining about her needing repairs after a mission. And that ship had a droid Artwenty and that was just as troublesome as the ship he served.?

Leia said ?you should meet Treepio and Artoo. Or Han and hear the names he is giving those droids. I better head that way before Chewbacca manages to destroy a tool or gets Han injured.?

Hrani smiled ?see you? and he resumed his work on the speeder thinking about Spanners ? a man he had known in his former life ? destroying a cheap tool with his bare hands.

---

She just saw it; the big fat hologram of the Hutt winking out of existence when she entered the hold of the Millennium Falcon perched on its struts in the whitish hangar. Leia heard singing and she wandered to where the singing was. It was in the main room of the ship and Han Solo was sitting on one of the benches.

Aah
    You suck my blood like a leech
    You break the law and you preach
    Screw my brain till it hurts
    You've taken all my money - and you want more

Misguided old mule
    With your pigheaded rules
    With your narrow-minded cronies who are fools
    Of the first division

Death on two legs
    You're tearing me apart
    Death on two legs
    You never had a heart of your own

?Uh hey princess. Do you like my singing??

?What was that? A song about that Hutt??

?Just a bit princess, but more a song about the emperor.?

?Huh, those words are fitting for that dark servant, his slave and loyal follower Darth Vader. He tortured me on the Death Star you know. That last part is so fitting for him; you never had a heart of your own. I could have told him that when he was approaching me with that metal sphere with those syringes and their truth drugs. And Tarkin also a candidate for that song; he was really heartless when he destroyed Alderaan? and a tear appeared in her eye.

Han said ?Leia, shh. Tarkin perished with the Death Star and a fitting end for that monster and I wonder; did Darth Vader perish too??

Leia said ?Luke doesn?t believe that Darth Vader is dead. The Force is telling him that the

2. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005

Han?s face split up in a mischievous smile and he shouted ?Chewie! The princess will send goldenrod here to help you.?

A loud grumble was heard followed by clanging and banging and the sound of falling tools and the growl of a Wookiee that was becoming quite angry, followed by said Wookiee stomping down the ladder and coming into the main room.

Oh dear, never make Chewie mad!

3. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    Heee, tha song can be dedicated to so many people! :p Good thing you stopped before the TOS violating part! [face_laugh] Great answer to the challenge!

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    That was fun! Nice banter without the sharp jabs LOL

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Leia smiled ?sure? and she ran down the ramp singing:
    ?Flyboy You're just an overgrown school-boy Oohhhhhhh?

Chewbacca growled and ruffled Han?s hair.

Han smirked ?overgrown school-boy? and ran towards the ramp and started to smile when he saw Leia sitting in a large heap of snow.
    ?Where?s the grease school girl??

?Here? and a snowball came flying towards the Falcon.

I loved this one, fantastic. [face_laugh] :p Well done. =D= =D=

6. LASOS

LASOS Jedi Youngling star 2

May 13, 2008
    [face_laugh]

Hooray, such funny banter! I love Han and Leia on Hoth!

Great response to the challenge!

=D=

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.