main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Negotiations with Destiny (ROTJ AU) Updated June 2:th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Queengodess, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kellran

Kellran Jedi Youngling

May 29, 2005
    I read only the beginning of the story for now, and I totally agree ! One of the best fic ever !
    I didn't even could believe this story was actually real and I was'nt dreaming (which would have been dreadful)
    I love the way Vader is described, and he doesn't change too quickly. And Jix and Piett are just perfect !

2. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Welcome to the thread, Jedi_Katana and Kellran! *waves and offers them muffins*

Ah, still no trace of BabyBantha - but fear not! The dear NamelessAlien has very kindly beta-read the post, so well...here it is! :D :D :D

---

Endor was by far on of the lushest planets Luke had visited. Of course, Yavin Four had been covered with forest as well, but those trees had been, well, not exactly small, but smaller. The trees of Endor wereas enormous, reaching for the distant, crystal blue sky. The ground was covered with thick grass, fallen branches, bushes and a thousand different plants the young Jedi did not recognize. The air was filled with the restless, oddly calming, murmur of a living forest.

The Force was natural here, Luke thought as he made his way through the vegetation. Undisturbed. Unused. Untamed, for good and for bad. Not leaning towards the Light or the Dark, just flowing naturally.

The strike team had split up as soon as they had landed, the Noghri leaving to create distraction as the rest of the team ? Luke, Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Jix and Mara ? headed for the shield generator. They had been walking, and occasionally climbing and crawling, mostly in silence for what seemed like hours when they heard the first explosions, followed by high-pitched screams.

Obi-Wan stopped, listening intently. ?It seems our friends are doing their job,? he noted.

Luke nodded. ?I hope they?re all right.?

?Hey, they knew what they were signing up for,? Jix told him casually. ?Besides,? he added darkly, scratching his left arm, ?they?re tougher than they look. And they look pretty darn tough.?

Luke smiled to himself. Jix had still not forgiven the aliens for the allergic reaction they had caused, or for the unfavourable comments about Anakin. The smile faded. I hope he?s all right... His father would undoubtedly be absolutely furious when he heard about Mara. Hopefully, he would not let that distract him from battle at hand ?

They started moving again, Jix in front, Qui-Gon next after him, Luke trailing behind the older Jedi with Mara at his side. Obi-Wan walked last, constantly looking over his shoulder, scouting for enemies that might sneak up behind them.

Luke glanced to his left, carefully eyeing the young woman next to him. She strode through the high grass with a grim look on her face, her green eyes constantly darting back and forth, searching for hidden threats. He opened his mouth to say something ?

- and swirled around, lightsaber ignited. The speeder bikes, suddenly emerged from the thick forest, swept past them in a rain of blaster bolts. Luke brought his blade up and down, to the sides, parrying the shots with graceful ease, careful to stand in front of the weaponless Mara. Next to him, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan were doing the same. Jix had drawn his own blaster and fired shot after shot. He hit one of the troopers in the back before they had a chance to turn around and charge again. Obi-Wan got another one with a deflected blaster bolt. One speeder crashed against a tree, the other simply stalled.

Two down, two to go ?

But instead of attacking once more, the two remaining troopers continued straight ahead, occasionally firing over their shoulders.

?They?ll try to reach the shield generator to warn the others,? Qui-Gon shouted.

?Not gonna happen,? Jix told him, at the same time mounting the stalled speeder, turning the engines back on again.

?Wait, Jix ? !? Luke called, but it was too late. The Corellian had already disappeared into the woods after the two troopers.

For a moment, nothing. Then a loud explosion, followed by another, and another, followed by more nothing. The four humans glanced at each other.

?C?mon!? Luke motioned urgently, the worry making his voice rough.

It took them almost half an hour, but they found the place for the explosion easily enough. Three burning trees, close to each other. Smoking pieces of three different speeders on the ground.

?He could have gotten off ? ? Luke started, slowly, but Mara shook her head.

3. AgentViper007

AgentViper007 Force Ghost star 7

Mar 9, 2005
    Oh yeah!

Brilliant post!

4. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    C'mon!!!!!! You can't stop here!!! :eek:

JJJJJIIIIIIIXXXXXXXX!!!!!!!

5. Jeditheskyisblue

Jeditheskyisblue Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 17, 2001
    More more please.

6. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    I really, honestly wish Qui would behead Mara, then you woulod have occasion to write a couple of paragraphs of Luke-angst where Lukie is torn between anger at Mara's betrayal, and anger at Qui killing him - but the best of all, Mara would be dead! [face_devil]

7. JediStarMoonstruck

JediStarMoonstruck Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2002
    I would have replied earlier, but my internet cut out on me. :(

Anyway... *whacks Anakin for being stupid* He's being suicidal! *whacks him again*

*whacks Mara for betraying Luke* Is that anyway to treat your future husband??? Nope! *whacks some sense into Mara and Anakin*

Great post. :)

8. astarael

astarael Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 8, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: Poor Jix! :_| :_| :_|

Excellent post! I wonder how Luke, Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan will get out of the situation Mara put them in...

9. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Okay, I've never really been a fan of Mara. But now? I utterly despise her. I can only hope that she herself has some kind of backup plan...

And I'm so glad that you updated! Wonderful to see a new chapter. And it was a great one. I liked Piett's comment about Vader...very intune with him, I think. He probably would go after all the Imperials if he could.

10. LaYa_

LaYa_ Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 21, 2003
    Poor Jix :(

The red-haired Emperor?s Hand just smiled. There was something in that smile that Luke had not noticed before, something that chilled him to the bone. A terrible premonition filled him ?

?You?ve betrayed us,? he said, feeling incredulous. How could she have - ?

He had hoped against hope that she would contradict him, but instead her smile widened. ?Yes,? she admitted sweetly. ?I did.?

:mad::mad::mad::mad: @ Mara!

Wonderful post! [face_love]

11. Jedi_Katana

Jedi_Katana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    But...I...adda...wibba. Wow. That was just so wow. Yay!Anakin for finding a way to express his anger in a non Force-choke kind of way. Jix can't be dead...'cus that would truly be evil...and you can't be truly evil. My heart can't take truly evil. And as much as I adore Mara Jade, I'm going to hunt her down and stabbity stab stab her. Slowly. Although with her, this was totally coming. Amazing post...can't wait for more.

12. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Well, I did say that some more characters would die in this story, so...

*sighs*

It's not my fault. I can't control it anymore!

And as for Anakin expressing his anger - you'll get a lot of that in the next post. :D

Love,
    KEe

13. Jedi_Katana

Jedi_Katana Jedi Youngling star 1

May 25, 2005
    *sigh*...*sniffle* I guess I can live with that. I'm just all "Jix...dead. It just seems so wrong." I love angry!Anakin. Should be awesome.

14. ShaydremMoon

ShaydremMoon Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 19, 2002
    YES!!!! an update! I'm SO happy!!
    Gosh, I really love this story!!

15. Daath666

Daath666 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 25, 2001
    okay, i actually wanted to comment the story but...first i must note: wt* happened to the JC?! all these new options. i'm not quite sure if i'll be able to cope with this after all these years of getting used to the old boards...*feels all of a sudden very unsure and stressed, on the verge of panic*

anyways, to the story.

i won't accept jixie dying. his lordship needs him. and badly. oh yes, he's not allowed to die. [face_not_talking]

and i can't wait for the new posty *bounceS* angry ani is always so nice. [face_love]

16. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    You won't think he's fun when it's you he's choking... *frowns* Ah, well, it is you after all. You'll think he's fun... :p

And I loooove these options! You can have so much fun with them! Not sure what everything is quite yet of course, but it's fun all the same... [face_peace]

Post...I should write another post... Nooo!

17. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    Oh, I thought it nice to be able to format text without having to insert those pesky little codes there. But you can hide the formatting buttons, so the posting area looks more or less familiar. There is a box you should tick for this, somewhere at the left side of the screen. [face_dancing]

Speaking of all those new faces that are now available, they have screwed up my "From Me To You"! : o ) now looks like this: "What does [face_clown] mean?" and IMHO this just doesn't make sense, so I'm :mad: mildly dissatisfied with these faces. [face_pig] [face_pig] [face_pig] [/swearing]

18. Daath666

Daath666 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 25, 2001
    *giggles* they really shouldn't change the codes of the faces.

i don't mind the new options, i actually like them. but someone should have warned me. a sleepy daath tends to be mildly scared by such sudden chages ;)

19. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    Oh yeah!!! Loving these new faces!! [:D]
    [face_monkey] Space monkey? No, wait, wrong board . . . 8-}

Anyway, great post Kee!! I've never actually hated Mara before, and I can actually
    achieve this emotion reading this fic!
    You've got a long way to go if she's gonna end up with Luke!!!!! [face_devil]

Not that I'm complaining, I rather like the long saga stories . . . :cool:

20. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Uppies!!!

:D

More soon?
    [face_batting]

See you later all!!!

Elanor

21. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Right - I've written three pages of the new post. Would you prefer it if I posted the short post now, or wait until I've written some more (that might, as you all know) be a while?

It's hot! It's very hot! I love it!

22. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Hmm...tough decision. But I actually wouldn't mind waiting, as long as it doesn't take you almost six months *grins*

23. Sethathoryunet

Sethathoryunet Jedi Master star 1

May 8, 2004
    I have no patience. Short post now please!! [face_batting]

24. skywalker64089

skywalker64089 Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 16, 2005
    Very nice. Two day marathon read. *whew*

Sorry. I hate to disagree with everybody, but Mara is one of my favorite characters, and I'm still holding the opinion that everything will be ok for everyone concerned.

However, I do think that Anakin needs to get his head out of his behind.

S.

25. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Announcing your presence by calling Anakin stupid while professing your love for Mara? :eek: ;)

Ah, well, welcome! Glad to hear you liked the story.

And since you couldn't agree on short post or post some other time I decided to oblige everyone by writing some more straight away. So, it should be up before too long.

Love,
    Kee

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.