main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Negotiations with Destiny (ROTJ AU) Updated June 2:th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Queengodess, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediElanor

JediElanor Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 20, 2003
    Hey Kee!!!

I haven't had time to read the re-writen fic so far, but I promise I'm going to soon. I just need someone to push me in the right direction... ;) I still check over here almost every day though, just to see if there's a reply...

And how have you been, my Master? DRL not being too hard on you? I hope that you're doing all right. As for myself, I've been doing Ok, though my summer has been a very busy one, and not as enriching as I though it would be (so money problems ahead for me again :( ) Except from that, I expect with great anticipation the return of my best friend (Laurethiel, if you remember her) from Spain where she has been studying for two years... I can't wait!!!

On a side note: Twinnie??? TWINNIE????? WOW!!! I never though I'd see you post again! Actually, in the very first post I made when I came in here to read Kee's fic (which was my first ever fanfic), I was asking about you because I was reading both the fic and the replies, and had noticed you were very active at first but then ended up vanishing from the boards altogether... And that was, let's see.... three years ago!!! (Note to self: THREE YEARS??? Come on girl, get a life! LOL!!! Nah, I like Kee's fic too much :D) So I'm surprised but pleased to see you here, even though we don't know each other :p Hope you will stay here for a long time :)

Anyways, gotta run to yet another chapter of my busy life! I'll see you around!!!

Elanor

2. Hippety_Hopper

Hippety_Hopper Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 25, 2003
    Ok, Kee, what's going on? This fic has not been updated since forever and ever! :mad:

Are you trying to imply this is not going to finished at all? :confused:

If that's the case then :_| :_| :_|

Hippety

3. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    No! It will be finished! I am positive it will be finished! But when, but how... I cannot say. Feeling all helpless... Have faith, my love. (Right, so Anakin said that and things didn't turn out so great. But don't let that discourage you.)

Love,
    Kee - alive.

4. Hippety_Hopper

Jan 25, 2003
    She's alive! JIIIIIHAAAAA! 8-} *does happy dance*

So, like in Anakin's case, I am not very good with patience. We share that difficulty. Now, imagine what could happen to me if you make me to wait very much longer for an update. It won't be pretty, I'm afraid. Though everyone should be grateful that unlike Anakin I don't have the Force abilities. :p [face_laugh] Rest assured, the world is safe so to say. :cool:

I do have a feeling that I'm repeating myself but here it goes... UP!

Hippety

5. Hippety_Hopper

Jan 25, 2003
    Yeah, it's me again. [face_whistling]

Just giving this one an UP again. [face_frustrated]

Hippety

6. Blaster144

Blaster144 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 28, 2003
    *Comes out of the shadows.*

Well, it good to know your alive. ;)

Also good to know that the story will be finished. :)

Now all you have to do it work out the when and the how. :oops:

I hope you manage to figure it out. I can't wait to see what comes next. [face_peace]

Now I'm off for some of my favorite drug.... Caffiene! [face_coffee]

See ya. [face_good_luck]

*Returns to shadows.*

7. TnTornado

TnTornado Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 10, 2006
    Just spent the last 3-4 hours reading this whole thing straight through, and really liked it, but have a few things to say.

#1, I hope you get Anakin back, and out of the depressing mood he has been in the whole thing exept at the start. Ever since he came back good he has just been one depressing character.

#2. Luke - you really have him showing only a little skill and not very bright. Well, maybe thats not the right way to say it but I think you know what I mean.

#3. Please don't continue to murder Mara's character, sheesh you may not like her, but if you are going to use her in your story, have some respect!

Regardless of my rants, I really enjoyed this story, and hope you continue it soon.

TnTornado

8. ObiDeeKenobi

ObiDeeKenobi Jedi Master star 1

Jul 25, 2004
    This fic is now five years old - wow
    Brilliant one though.

9. Blaster144

Jul 28, 2003
    *Leaves shadows.*

Well this looks like this board needs a good up lifting message posted on it..... Does anyone have one to post? I'm fresh out.

*Returns to shadows to find something uplifting.*

10. Anakin_Panda

Anakin_Panda Jedi Master

Nov 23, 2006
    Wow. This fic is...FANTASTIC!

But no update? And you never finished posting on fanfiction.net either! For shame! Please, try and re-discover your spark soon!
    I'm so eager for more after reading all this! I especially want to see what Ani does next!

Ever enthused,
    Panda

11. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    WHAT?! Still no new post?!

O.O I mean... *Caslia bites her tongue* Ummm...

*points* Look! Christmas is just around the corner! *runs off*

12. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I love this fic!! Is it ever coming back? :(

13. Blaster144

Jul 28, 2003
    *Walks out of shadows.*

Surprise! :D I'm back. Did you miss me? @};-

Hmm. Still haven't found any good uplifting posts. Oh well. Hope everything is alright with you and that you update soon.[face_peace]

*Returns to shadows and goes in search of coffee.*[face_coffee]

14. Leia_Sith_Lady

Leia_Sith_Lady Jedi Youngling

Nov 17, 2006
    [face_dancing] I caught up! I have been reading this ever since I found it. (which was last year) and I have to say this is one really great story and there are some interesting side storys here too. :)

I could write a whole story on how much i like this and go over everything i like, but i'm not going to. [face_shame_on_you]

What i think is that Palpy has Vader all wrong and that it is very interesting that Piett could tell that he was no longer talking to Anakin Skywalker, but Darth Vader so quickly and just by the sound of his voice.

Welcome back my lord. =P~

Why didn't anyone think that Mara wouldn't be the best person to bring on that trip? :confused: :oops:

Update soon for all your loving readers! [face_praying]

15. Daath666

Daath666 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 25, 2001
    I think this thread really needs an up. [face_shhh]

Edit: Oh, how I've missed my beloved sheep icon! Should be visiting the boards more often...

16. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Okay, so I know that this is really weird, but... I sort of just wrote a new post. Sending it off to NA as we speak - hopefully she'll agree to beta it, and then, maybe, there will be an *gasp* update.

Who would have thought?

Of course I realize that most people who read this story gave up long ago, and I can't blame you, but well... If anyone's still out there, your patience will soon be rewarded.

Love,
    Kee

17. JediElanor

Mar 20, 2003
    Note to author: I'm still there, I'm still there!!!

Ok, now to the reaction:

OMG!!!!!!! A post!!!!!

I can't believe this!!! A post!!! :eek:

YAY!!! *does a happy dance around the thread*

WWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok, let's calm down now. All I can say is, I can't wait!

Glad to see you back here Kee, I thought you had permanently given this up... An by the way, I might just start writing mine again!!! Will you be my Master again? Or are you still waaayyy busy with DRL??? I would understand either way.

Well, I'm eagerly waiting for the post!!! I'll be checking every hour! (Ok, maybe just every day, but you know what I mean...)

MTFBWY, and divine inspiration as well, so you can finally finish this ;)

Elanor

18. Fanficfan

Fanficfan Jedi Master star 3

Jul 12, 2005
    After all this time spent hating you... ;)
    I finished reading thos 157 (159 now) pages ages ago, now I'm gonna have to re-read the whole thing again so I can remember what happens...
    I'm looking forward to it. [face_dancing]

19. Jedi_Eruanne

Jedi_Eruanne Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    Hey....is this story still going?

I just finished reading all 159 pages, and I would really like to see the end...*puppy dog eyes*

20. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    This is a very important moment for me. There is a post! Yeah. And NA did a very quick beta, so... it's here! Right now. Under all this pointless rambling.

JediElanor: DRL's a bitch, but I'll be happy to be your master, now and always.

Yeah.

*takes a deep breath*

Here goes:

----

It was all very familiar, and the familiarity calmed him. Beyond rage, beyond hatred and fear, there was a place where everything was quiet and clear, and that was where Anakin Skywalker, Darth Vader, found himself as he steered his ship closer to the surface of Endor. Stretching out with his feelings he sensed his son, sensed Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon. Unharmed ? for now, but not for long.

There was nothing he could do. Nothing he could do to save them.

Oh, how Palpatine must laugh, safe as he thought himself to be on the Death Star. How he must enjoy his former apprentice's anguish.

Darth Vader smiled mirthlessly?. You are a fool, my master, for you have forgotten what you yourself have taught me ? or did you think that I had?

I have not.

I have not.

And he reached out, flying low over the verdant forests of Endor, calling on all of his rage and hatred and fear, imagining Luke?s bleeding body on a cold floor, picturing Obi-Wan?s lifeless eyes staring back at him. And every emotion, every twisted surge of furious despair, he took and he molded it, channeled it, aimed it ?

- and the shield generator exploded in a brilliant blaze of orange and white, and as it did Darth Vader threw his head back and screamed, as if he was the one whose body was being torn apart.

?General, the shield is down!?

Piett closed his eyes, relief welling up inside of him. But when he spoke, his voice was very calm, and quite steady. ?All ships regroup for a renewed attack. We?re taking that Death Star down.?

?Yessir!?

The Lieutenant hurried away, but Piett remained where he was, staring out at the battle. Impossible as he knew it to be, he tried to locate a single, special ship, and he wondered, with a sudden chill creeping down his spine, what this victory had cost them ? and Anakin Skywalker.

Mara Jade could not help but smile as she made her way to the cell where the prisoners were being kept. This ? capturing Luke Skywalker and a couple of other Jedi as well ? would certainly be enough to redeem her in the eyes of the Emperor after the fiasco on Tatooine several weeks earlier. That seemed such a long time ago...

She had not yet been in touch with the Emperor ? certainly he was busy overseeing the battle ? but she looked forward to bringing him her report. He would be pleased, she knew, and the thought filled her with a warm glow. To serve him, to serve the Empire, to serve it well... That kind of devotion to a noble purpose was something that Skywalker and his treacherous father would never understand.

Mara rounded a corner and found herself standing face to face with a squadron of stormtroopers, commanded by a tall man with reddish hair. They were standing just outside the prisoners? cell and the man was clearly issuing instructions to the troppers.

?What is going on here?? Mara demanded.

The tall man looked up, and must have recognized her for he responded with a corteous bow. ?The Emperor?s orders, ma?am. The prisoners are to be terminated immediately.?

Mara blinked. She had not expected this. Of course Skywalker and the Jedi had to die, for the good of the Empire, but...

?Immediately? What about interrogation??

The man did not hesitate. ?The Emperor has ordered that they be executed straight away, ma?am.?

And if that was the Emperor?s orders there could be no questioning them. Yet ?

Mara blinked, trying to shake the sudden confusion. Why would she care if Skywalker was killed quickly? There could be no doubt as to his guilt ? he had bragged of it even, how he sought to undermine the Empire and the stability it offered to countless of billions all across the galaxy. He was traitor, and all traitors deserved to die ? had to die.

Yet ?

?Hey!?

She

21. Daath666

Daath666 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 25, 2001
    Apparently I am still delusional. I imagined there was an update.

I will have to meditate on this... :-D

(Loved it, loved it, loved it and maybe will later have time for a good and proper reply [:D] [face_love] )

22. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    Oh dear, Palps really has a survivor instinct that would rival Jix's or maybe even better. One hopes Chosie gets to fulfil his destiny sometime verrry verrry soon. (In other words, Die, Palpy, Die!)

snubfigher after snubfigter - blert! I can't believe I missed that! Sorry!

23. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    GAH! Fantastic chapter... gotta love Jix and his rescuing...

24. JediElanor

Mar 20, 2003
    Hey Kee!!!!

I just loved this new post of yours!!!!! The action semms to be getting very interesting now, but Oh dear!!! What has Anakin done NOW????? I have a very bad feeling about this....

I would love to leave a longer comment, but you know DRL, it takes all your time... (And the fact that I'm presently at work doesn't help, lol!!!)

Hope for more soon :) If you ever need a hand, please feel free to PM me, I'll be glad to help!!!

Elanor

25. Lilu

Lilu Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    I can't believe this...

I leave fandom for a few years, and yet one of my absolutely favorite fics is still around. And even possibly being updated.
    Now I just have to start way back at the beginning to get into the right state of mind again.

You know, I really missed you guys. :)

BTW Does anyone know where I can find the good old sheep-sitter icon again?

- Lilu

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.