Negotiations with Destiny (ROTJ AU) Updated June 2:th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Queengodess, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. NamelessAlien Jedi Knight

star 3
    Together:
    DOWN-WITH-PAL-PY!
    DOWN-WITH-PAL-PY!

:D (No, meesa doin nutten...)

2. QueenSabe7 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  3. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    DOWN-WITH-PAL-PY!
    DOWN-WITH-PAL-PY!
    DOWN-WITH-PAL-PY!

Eh, sorry...your fault Nameless Alien!

Well, let's go on with the post instead...Enjoy!

---

"Well, this is most certainly a shocking surprise, but a very welcom one, of course." Mon Mothma concluded. She'd been about as surprised as anyone else, but being a trained politican, she handeled the situation well, and was able to give the Jedi a quick review of the last years events.

"I agree. Seven - eight, with Luke - isn't much, but better than only one", Mace Windu said.

"You will accompany us to the negotiations, I hope?"

"We would be honored, Madame. When do we leave?"

"Tomorrow. It will take us some time to get there."

"We'll be ready."

She nodded.

"Very well, then. We shall see to that you get somewhere to sleep. I dare to assume that you find this...experience...quite exhausting."

"Quite", Mace agreed with a smile.

Han leaned towards Luke and asked quietly.

"Who's that guy? Seems like a leader to me."

"Ben told me he was the head of the Jedi Council."

"The Jedi Council, huh?"

"You sound doubtful", Luke accused, with a small smirk. He knew his friend, and had a certain feeling that the Corellian wasn't all too impressed.

"If they were so great, why couldn't they take care of Mr. Robot and that walking corpse he calls master?"

Good question. Luke had asked himself the same. Why had the Jedi been defeated? There had had to be lots of them, right? And yet, now they were all but extinct...

Was the Emperor really that strong? Was Vader...?

Vader.

According to what Ben had told him, and what he'd heard later, Vader had lead the destruction. Vader, the man who once had been Anakin Skywalker. His father.

A good man, Ben had said. A hero. Now...the ultimate symbold of evil.

But there was still traces of the man he'd once had been. Luke had felt it, knew it to be true. Ben didn't agree, though. Nor did Yoda. Or any of the other Jedi. he bet.

"Luke?"

The young man looked up and faced Ben standing with a taller man beside him.

"Yes?"

"I would like you to meet my own master, Qui-Gon Jinn."

Luke nodded and smiled towards the other Jedi. He was tall, seemed to be in the same age as Obi-Wan, blue eyes, long hair. His gaze was kind and piercing.

"Master Jinn."

"Qui-Gon works fine. I've heard a lot about you, Luke. I knew your father when he was a kid."

Luke stiffened.

"You did?"

Qui-Gon smiled.

"Certainly,"

Obi-Wan gave him an undreadable gaze, but Luke had a feeling that he wasn't entirely pleased with what his friend was saying.

"We have to go", Ben said, and turned. Qui-Gon glanced at him, sighed and nodded. He smiled at Luke, then turned and followed his former apprentice.

When the two Jedi were alone, Obi-Wan turned to face Qui-Gon, crossing his arms over his chest.

"Perhaps this isn't the right time for that, Master", he suggested dryly.

The other shook his head.

"No, Obi-Wan. It should have been done years ago."

"You will never give up that idea, will you?"

"That Anakin is redeemable? Of course not."

"At least you could keep them for yourself."

Qui-Gon gave him a calm, and very steady glance.

"No, Obi-Wan. I will not. Luke has the right to know all the sides of the coin. And decide for himself."

Obi-Wan's shoulders dropped.

"Yes. I just don't want the Empire to use his feelings against him. I don't want to lose him like..."

"...like you lost Anakin."

"Yes. I don't want to my second apprentice like I lost my first."

"Maybe there's still a chance for you to get the first one back."

Obi-Wan shook his head.

"I wish you were right, Master. But I don't dare to believe it."

Darth Vader couldn't decide if he was satisfied, worried, puzzled, suspicious or simply happy.

As he undressed to take a shower - afther he'd ordered his aides to get him some proper clothes - the Dark Lord pondered the Emperor's reaction.

Perhaps it hadn't been wise to walk up to Palpatine just like that. The Emperor's reaciton
  4. NamelessAlien Jedi Knight

star 3
    Muhahahaha! All my sithly insinuations! LOL. But I do hope Darth Dad will see the light eventually, if we scream it long and loud enough ;) After all, he deserves it, right?
  5. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Nice Sith personal connections: Palpy doesn't trust Vader, and now Vader just started to feel suspicious of his dear Master...
    Mon Mothma is surprised- she will be even more surprised soon... :D
  6. Ana_Labris Jedi Master

star 4
    Well, Vader, kill this Palpy guy and get it over with!
    :)
  7. anya Skywalker Jedi Master

star 4
    Whoa! Qui-Gon is right, of course. And I can't wait to see Vader's reaction to him, when he see's his late master. :D

Great post (as usual ;)) Kee!
  8. Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't wait to see Luke's reaction to seeing his father as a whole person again. Quite different to look directly into someone's eyes rather than into a mask.
  9. Dark_Luke_Junkie Jedi Knight

star 2
    <<"I would like you to meet my own master, Qui-Gon Jinn." Luke nodded and smiled towards the other Jedi. He was tall, seemed to be in the same age as Obi-Wan, blue eyes, long hair.>>
    Wouldn't that be WEIRD? To look at your apprentice and have him be the same age as you?? Very bizarre!

I also can't wait for the Luke/Vader confrontation! I have a feeling it's going to be a little crowded though...
  10. QueenSabe7 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great post, Queen! It was so cool to read the part where Luke meets Qui-Gon!! :)
    UP!
  11. RebelMom Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Nice to see that Qui-Gonn thinks like Luke. Wonderful job so far.
  12. jade_angel Jedi Master

star 4
    Yeah Baby!
    *chuckles at the thought of Vader standing on the bridge all nakey!!

I'm loving this story, can't wait for more posts!
  13. MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor

VIP
    star 5
    This keeps getting better. I too am hoping
    for a Luke/Vader meeting.
  14. Queengodess Force Ghost

star 4
    Not very much, this, but more will be up tomorrow! For now, enjoy!

---

Darth Vader stalked throught he bowels of his castle. There had been some confusion when he emerged from his shuttle, as the men didn't recognize him. Well. he'd expected that. What supriised him was that he hadn't strangled the colonel who'd questioned him. Well, not strangled to death, that was.

Vader frowned as he rounded another corner. They'd reached Coruscant just half-an-hour ago, and would leave again in three hours. The Emperor had ordered him to get a few "aides" and then join him in the Imperial Palace.

A few aides?

Well, he'd take Piett. The man wasn't a politican, but Vader trusted him, and his judgement. It would feel good having him around. Loyalty wasn't easy to find nowadays.

So. One's up, two to go. Which ones? Perhaps he could suggest that Piett brought one of his young cadetts with him. He was sure his Admiral would make a wise choice.

He stopped outside his quarters and pushed the doors open. Entered that dark, dimly lit chambers. With a frown he walked up to his bed...well, if you really could think of it as a bed, he thorugh grimly. It was more like a sleeping tube, surrounded by wires as it was.

He looked around in the room. Dark, safe, steril. Before it had felt like a fortress, one of the few places where he could relax. Now -

Now he longed for open space, far away from any closed chambers.

He would have to change some of the furniture, or most of it. And perhaps even more to other chambers. The Palace was big, and except for his men, he was the only one living here. It wouldn't be a problem. He would have the workers make it happen as soon as he returned from Jord.

The Dark Lord sat down in front of his desk, and turned on the holoscreen. A few moments, then a junior officer appeared.

"Lord Vader", he said with a military nod. The youthful voice were slightly trembling.

Words about their superiors new appearance had spread quickly on Executor. Probaly it would be the same in his castle. Good. He really didn't have neither the patience nor the time for proving his identity by choking someone every time he wanted something.

"I would speak with Admiral Piett", the Sith said calmly and leaned back in his chair.

"At once, my lord."

The officer turned on his heels and disappeared. It took a few minutes, and then Pietts face filled the screen.

"My lord", he said.

Vader nodded in acknowledgement.

"I believe that you're aware my and the Emperor's travel to Jord", Vader began. Piett gave a brief nod, but didn't spoke. "I would have you accompany me."

For a moment, surprise could be seen in the Admiral's face. He hid it quickly, though.

"Yes, my lord."

"I would also have you choose on of your more promising cadetts to come with you."

"As you wish, my lord. A have a few I think could be fitting..."

Vader waved his hand.

"I shall trust your judgement, Admiral. Make a quick choice, though. You must both be here, in my castle, in two hours."

"Yes, my lord."

Vader nodded, and the Admiral bowed. Then the picture went black.

Good. Two out of three. One more. A faint smile touched the Dark Lord's lips. He had an idea of just who that man might be.

He picked up one of the comlinks lying on the desk. The man better answer, or Vader would have him served as the main course in the Imperial Palace this very evening -

"Uh, hello?"

The voice was husky, as if the owner had been asleep.

"Jix. I want you to come to my castle. Now."

15. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
    Jix is coming!!!!!!! And my fave admiral!!!!!
    A Dream Team!!! :D :D :D

Yipee!!!!!!!!

Sorry...
  16. Clarus Jedi Master

star 4
    Growing more awesome by the second . . .
  17. Twinnie Force Ghost

star 5
    I like them =) both last posts =) =) =) The conversation between OB1 and Qui-Gon is very, very realistic (reminds me TPM *grin* OB1 always seemed to be the master, somehow ;-) ; and the last one... *with a deep voice* very interesting indeed. Did anyone recognized Vader as Anakin Skywalker yet ? ???

*starts singing* Let's talk about Jix...
  18. NamelessAlien Jedi Knight

star 3
    PIETT! JIX! Yayyyyy! Woohooo!
  19. Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Master

star 4
    Piett is cool, I always liked him. But I don't know who Jix is. Can anyone help me out?
  20. NamelessAlien Jedi Knight

star 3
    Wrenga jixton, Vader's agent, from the comic "Shadow Stalker". A handier (and perhaps in some ways even better) source though is Djuva's fics. The Art of War, (incl A Different Plan), All Under Heaven, now she's also started to retell Shadow Stalker...
  21. Labria_uk Force Ghost

star 3
    I like how the story is progressing.
    Its very good.
    Hmmm I know of Jix, but do you mean to say that the author the FanFiction version of Shadow Stalker is the person who did the comic ??.
  22. Moopz_Vader Jedi Padawan

Jeez, I'm out of it for a few days, and I miss all the good stuff! :D
    This is great, I can't wait for the next part! I'll be looking forward to the negotiations on Jord, you're sooo talented, Kee!
    I'll shut up now, close my eyes, and when I open them, hopefully there will be another part to this!
    Write on, Kee! 8-}
  23. QueenSabe7 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Great post, yet again! ;)
    UP
  24. NamelessAlien Jedi Knight

star 3
    Labria -- no, she's the original fan, I guess ;)
    I've learned from her [face_mischief]
  25. LadyZ Jedi Master

star 4
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.