main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Negotiations with Destiny (ROTJ AU) Updated June 2:th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Queengodess, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    OMG!!!!!!!!! I agree with Clarus! That was definitely worth the wait!!!!!!! I can't wait for Vader's reaction to Obi-Wan, and what about Qui-Gon? What would be his reaction be to see the guy who helped free him when he was a kid? This is great!!! I can't wait for more!

AngelQueen

2. NamelessAlien

NamelessAlien Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 25, 1999
    Yipppeee! Meesa liken, meesa liken.

-Red, Darth Linguist and Lord of Apostrophes

3. Labria_uk

Labria_uk Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 18, 2000
    Ahh that was good,
    I loved Vader's reaction,
    I hope for more of this wonderful story soon...

4. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    Oo! Oo! More! More!
    Please, more sooooooooooooon!
    Caslia!

5. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    :eek:

That was just GREAT, Kee! Whoa, whoa, whoa!!!! I don't think I can say anything else right now, because even though I was expecting something along these lines, I'm just in shock! (And I don't know how am I going to react when the rest of the Jedi appear :D)

6. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Oh my god, OH MY GOD!!! :eek: Great post, Queen!! I loved Luke's reaction to Vader w/o the mask. I can NOT wait to read about Vader's reaction to seeing Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, holy crap!! I cant wait to read about his reaction to ALL of them! ;)
    I demand another post soon because I will die from impatience!!!!! :D :D

UP!!!!

7. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    Kee, were you recently told you are a genious ? :D

About that plane ticket, you chose when you want to come, okay ? unil then, MORE ! I'm so looking forward to readin the next post ! That one was just so great, a prelude to all the things that are to happen during these encounters... eheh, Sidious is gonna die with surprise :D

8. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    Truly, about the plane tickets! I'll send you one and you can come visit me in the US! :D Though why you would want to come here instead of France is beyond me . . . :D

Great, excellent, wonderful story! It's something we've all wanted to see, but only you dared to write.

9. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Loved the reaction between father and son. And then to see Obi alive. Cool post. Anxious for more.

10. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    *trying to pick up her mouth from the floor*

WOW, Queengodess it was fantastic!!!!!! :D :D
    You managed to make us feel their tension and surprise so well! (I was almost as surprised as Vader although I *knew* what would happen... :D )
    The way Lord Vader was standing there, thinking *he* would surprise Luke... then Obi Wan enters... [face_laugh]

11. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Thanks everyone! Twinnie, you send me that ticker, right away, don't have anything to do this summer...*grin*

As you know, I'm not to be trusted, but I think I'll be able to have another post up tomorrow. For now, enjoy!

---

Obi-Wan stiffened and looked in disbelief at his former apprentice, once again heal.

"Anakin..." he said in a low whisper.

Darth Vader stared at the old man, his features grim.

"Hardly. Anakin died a long time ago. And as I recall it, you did too."

A hard smile, meant to cover some of his tension, creeped over the Dark Lord lipss.

"The Force is very considerate to allow me to kill you again. And", he added with a sideway glance at Luke, "this time I'll make sure your end is just as slow as you deserve."

Obi-Wan glanced at Luke as well, as if to determine how the youth had taken his father's new appearance. Then he looked back at Vader, not seemingly impressed.

"Your own actions brought that about", he stated. "And I'm not here to discuss old quarrels."

"Afraid to admit your mistakes in front of the boy? Hope that he'll be able to cover up for your past failures?"

The Jedi returned his gaze firmly.

"The past failures of which you speak, Darth, are not mine."

Vader scoffed.

"I shall not give you credit for my insight, that's true enough. But in the words of the Jedi, and those of your heart, you have failed. And it still haunts you, doesn't it?"

A quick flash of something Luke couldn't really recognize - it might have been pain, sorrow...or plain longing - touched the old man's face. It was only visible for a very short second, though, and afterwards he couldn't determine whether it had really been there or not. Once again, Obi-Wan's face was calm, and dismissive.

"I won't linger on the past, Darth. You and I made up a long time ago, and anything but your death is no longer my business."

The Dark Lord's face turned into a mask of both satisfaction and contempt.

"So be it, Jedi", he agreed cooly.

The rest of the beings in the room had followed the conversation quietly. The Rebels seemed ever so puzzled by Vader's new appearance, and Palpatine's face had turned from shock to calculating speculation.

No one seemed to notice Obi-Wan's use of Vader's old name, or recognize the old Jedi. Of course, Luke wasn't sure how much his father remained true to what he'd looked like in younger days.

For a moment, complete silence ruled. Then a gentle voice came from right outside the door.

"Move aside, will you, Obi-Wan? Or we'll just have to cut out another way into the room."

Obi-Wan stepped promtly aside, and Vader, who had started at the voice, looked in expectation at the open door. The voice had sounded like he remembered it, but was it really possible...

It was.

In through the door stepped Qui-Gon Jinn, looking exactly like he had the fateful day all those years ago. He spotted Vader and smiled, oddly enough.

"Anakin. It's good to see you again."

Vader bowed his head slightly.

"Master Qui-Gon", he acknowledge. Luke started at his tone. No longer mocking, no longer angry. Rather, it was respectful, though certainly reserved.

But this time, Mon Mothma reacted to the name. She frowned and looked at the Dark Lord.

"Anakin?" she asked, a note of alarm in her voice. "Anakin...Skywalker?"

Vader met her gaze casually.

"A name a threw away a long time ago", he said grimly.

Leia looked at Luke, and he met her terrefied glance. Oh, Leia...I should have told you...

"Wait a minute...! You guys aren't telling me that that one", a finger in Vader's direction, "is Luke's old man?!"

Everyone stared at Luke. Jix glanced at his employer, then at the Emperor.

In Palpatine's face, a small smile played over the thin lips. Vader was smiling as well, though his grin was rather cold.

Luke looked at Leia.

"I should have told you earlier. But it was such shock."

"Don't worry about it, Luke", Leia said softly. She gave Vader a very hard glance. "I'm only sorry for you", she added in Luke's direction.

Mon Mothma no

12. reklawyks

reklawyks Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    So glad that I can catch this new post before I sleep. Thanks a lot. This story is real great!! :D

13. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Guys, we are reading a masterpiece!!!!

When Qui Gon arrived- WOW!!! I loved Vader's reaction- and the old Jedi Master was fantastic!

Leia's reaction to Vader- was one of the best I've ever read!!

And Master Windu's reference to the informal meetings- I'm looking forward to it!

14. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    Boris here:

Awesome post!

"Of all people, Lord Vader, you should be the last one to comment on another beings temper"...

I LOVED that line :) I also loved qui-gon's entrance

More more more more

-Boris

15. roomies with no lives

roomies with no lives Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 24, 1999
    Boris here:

Awesome post!

"Of all people, Lord Vader, you should be the last one to comment on another beings temper"...

I LOVED that line :) I also loved qui-gon's entrance

More more more more

-Boris

16. Anakin's Angel

Anakin's Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 3, 2000

Whoa...I have been reading this since lastnight and just staring at the screen in wonder! This is really awesome, Queengodess! When it's complete, would you consider letting me archive it on my site? :D

I, too, loved Vader's reaction to Qui-Gon. He seemed to regress back into little Ani for a minute there ;) Han, of course, was typical Han. Love it!

aa :)

17. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    Loved Qui-Gon's part!! Totally great! Ani adored the guy, so if anyone can help bring Ani back to the light its him! Ani remembers the guy he totally looked up to and Qui-Gon remembers the cute little nine-year-old!

Ohhhhhh boy! Mace Windu certainly can't be happy with Palpster!

A totally great job Queengodess!!! I'm really enjoying this story! I definitely can't wait for more!!!

AngelQueen

18. Luke'sryb

Luke'sryb Jedi Youngling star 2

May 17, 2000
    DOH! Ani....get a grip on yourself. Forget Hockey Puck Face Palpy....this Qui Gon Jinn is back and let that old fool Palpy think he can fool all of the people all of the time. I've got a feeling that this Force mess is his fault and his dreams are about to come crashing down on his fat head. :D

19. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    ::AngelQueen blinks:: Couldn't have said it better myself Luke'sryb! ::chuckles:: Hockey Puck Face Palpy indeed!

20. anya Skywalker

anya Skywalker Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2000
    WHOA Queengodess!!!!!!!!!!!! That was... I mean that was just... What I'm trying to say is...
    Ack, I don't have words to descrive how I felt while reading that post! I'll just agree with every wrod that those before me said, and swiftily back away until I can speak again! ;)

21. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    GREAT, EXCELLENT, WONDERFUL post, Queen!! I absolutly *loved* Qui-Gon's entrance. I was so shocked at Vader's "respect" towards him.

The convo between Obi and vader was well written, too! :D

I am sitting on the edge of my seat waiting for more!! Once again, this is super-duper-excellent!!! ;)

22. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Yes! Excellent, Vader being polite and respectful to Qui-Gon, just shows you that there's honour in him after all. Great and post more. I hope to see more Luke and Vader interaction. :D

23. Clarus

Clarus Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 18, 2000
    Yay! Wow! Wonderful! That was absolutely fantastic! From the palpable hatred between Obi-Wan and Vader, to the respect the Sith had for Qui-Gon! Wow! Much better than anything I had dared to hope for! Yes!

24. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I've noticed some spelling and grammar errors.

"A hard smile, meant to cover some of his tension, creeped over the Dark Lord lipss. " "

"I think that these polite greetings are about over now, Emperor", she announced. "'Me and my people will leave for our quarters.'"

"No surprise, consider all that had happened."

Replace consider with considering, lipss with lips, and "Me and my people." with "My people and I."

;)

25. Moopz_Vader

Moopz_Vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2001
    I like! The Anakin and Obi-Wan showdown was very well done. And it was perfect how Anakin was very cold to Obi-Wan and most of the other Jedi, then respectful to Qui-Gon. On the whole...AMAZING!! Can't wait for more!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.