main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Negotiations with Destiny (ROTJ AU) Updated June 2:th

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Queengodess, Apr 17, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dark_Luke_Junkie

Dark_Luke_Junkie Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 24, 2000
    I'm going to echo everyone else here and simply say: "WOW!"

Oh and "MORE SOON, PLEASE!" :)

2. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    Just another one saying what a good post that was.

Is it just me or did Vader seem like he was performing a bit for the emperor.
    I liked his reaction to Qui Gon. A little slip there, and what a way for Leia to find out.

On to Luke's decision.

3. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Just another "wow" for the last post. Vader and Qui-gon what great interaction. Poor Luke, now everybody knows.

4. Shinning_Star

Shinning_Star Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 27, 2000
    That was GREAT! I loved Anakin's reactions! I'll be here...watching for that moment I know we're all waiting for. Anakin's redemtpion that is!

Loving this post!
    Caslia

5. Queengodess

Queengodess Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Thanks everyone! There will be some Luke/Vader interaction, soon, but not right now. Instead, enjoy this!

---

Darth Vader seated himself at the bed and started to undress. He'd spent a few hours in meditation, then exercising witht he lightsaber, and a shower would be nice. He had time. Still two hours until the dinner started.

The Emperor had suggested that he'd wear something "less menacing" as he'd put it, but Vader had refused. The black pants and the tunic, together with the dark cloak, reminded a little of his old suit - but only slightly. He liked it, and they served their purpose. As did the lightsaber hanging from his belt. It was fortunate he'd left it in his chamber that fateful day when he'd been healed. If he'd worn it, who knew what would have happened. The mask and his suit had completely disappeared.

The Dark Lord sighed.

If he'd been shocked when he was healed, what was he now? Stunned to death? Not likely, since he was still breathing -

THe Jedi.

Qui-Gon.

It been quite one thing to see Obi-Wan, and the rest of the Jedi. Those were all people he'd met and known for several years. All of whom had seen his transformation to Vader. Many of them, he'd killed as Vader.

But not Qui-Gon. The man had died when Anakin was still a child. He'd nothing to do with Vader.

And Qui-Gon had seemed happy to meet him - though he certainly must know what had happened. Of course he did.

The bearded Jedi had never cared much of blaming people, or giving them guilt. But this should be quite different, shouldn't it?

In a way, the older man reminded him of Luke.

Darth Vader had a very bad feeling about it.

He could handle hatred, anger, disappointment. He didn't care. But it would seem, he could not handle love.

So. The Jedi was back. At least some of them.

Mace Windu. Yoda. Obi-Wan Kenobi. Depa Billaba. Plo Koon. Sasee Tiin. Qui-Gon Jinn.

Palpatine frowned, as he sat in his luxury suite surrouned by shadows.

He hadn't expected this - and he didn't think he could be blamed for it. No. No one would have expected it. Not Vader, not young Skywalker, not the Jedi themselves.

It was unfortunate. And that it would happen just now, was infuriating indeed.

But not fatal.

The Jedi had been slaughtered once. They could be so again. And would be, without any doubt.

He curled his lips into a twisted smile.

Yes. Slaughtered. By Lord Vader - and perhaps later young Skywalker, once he was converted.

Perhaps this would solve a problem he'd been worrying about for quite a while. Or at least contribute to it.

If Vader was busy hunting Jedi, he would not pay much attention to what was happening with his son. The Dark Lord was a passionate man, and he hated the Jedi.

That might prove to be his undoing.

For quite some time, Palpatine had suspected that Vader plotted to overrule him. It was natural for the Sith, but of course he couldn't allow it.

And even if Vader wasn't planning anything stupid at all, it was still better that he was replaced now that Sidious had found a new promising apprentice.

Vader had been valueable, yes. But he'd always been all too independent. And then of course there was this small spot of light remaining in him.

Traces of Anakin Skywalker - a man Vader had sworn dead a long time ago.

Both he and the Emperor had been aware of that it wasn't entirely true, though.

No, Vader would never turn back to the light side - the Emperor was sure of that. But the light _was_ there. And it stopped him from embracing the full power, from becoming one with the Dark Side.

Young Skywalker wasn't as strong as his father, not quite. But in him, there would be no light left. Luke would be completely in his command.

Sidious smiled.

There was no denying the surprise of seeing the Jedi again.

But he had no doubt he would find to use it as well.

6. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    Like, whatever Palpster! Get a life man! You didn't fully turn our beloved Anakin to the Dorky, I mean the Dark Side, what makes you think you could turn his son. Granted he's pretty good at whining, but still! Sheesh!

Great job!!! This is soooooooooo cool! Yep Ani, Qui-Gon's back! Too bad you're not that cute little nine-year-old anymore huh? I can't wait for more! This is totally wizard!!!!

AngelQueen

7. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    Awesome characterization!

"he could not handle love"- it might be his greatest problem of all time... Anyway His Lordship is in trouble now. :) At least he's got his lightsaber and some VERY black garb... :D

Your Dark Lord is great, but your Palpy is fantastic in this post!! (I just wanted to say I missed him a bit from the storyline- and now, he is here- you read my mind Queengodess, I'm sure. My dear fellow Sith and Blondie I think I must work on my mental shields now!! :D :D :D )

Seven (eight) Jedi against two Sith- equal chances... :D I love it!!

8. Padawan_Di-Lee

Padawan_Di-Lee Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2000
    Oh WOW! Excellent posts, especially the dialog between Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon & Vader. I love how Leia found out Vader is Luke's father!

9. Lady_Anemone

Lady_Anemone Jedi Youngling

May 6, 2001
    Wonderful!!!! Post the next part a.s.a.p.!!!!

10. Dark_Luke_Junkie

Sep 24, 2000
    You have both Vader and Palpatine's characterizations down perfectly! Great post! I can't wait until the Vader/Luke interaction!

11. QueenSabe7

QueenSabe7 Chosen One star 6

Mar 23, 2001
    Loved it! :) Ol' Palpster needs a wakeup call! Luke could never fully be under his power! OH well, post again soon!! I cant wait to hear about the dinner!

12. Moopz_Vader

Moopz_Vader Jedi Youngling

Apr 17, 2001
    Palpy, get a new hobby! Plotting against Anakin, are you? *Moopz has to be restrained from wacking Palpatine in the head with a monkey wrench* I'll show you plotting, you dried up old fig! *Moopz looks at the strange and slightly frightened looks she's getting, then slowly drops back to her chair*
    C'mon, Ani, don't let Palpy do this to you and your family!
    MORE KEE!!! I NEED MORE!!! *Moopz takes a deep breath...counts to 10*
    OK, Kee...before I go totally out of my mind, ANOTHER POST PLEASE!!!
    You don't want to make me go nuts, do you :(

13. RebelMom

RebelMom Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 20, 2000
    Very good Palpy post. the man's delusional but hey that makes it fun.

More please?

14. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    I'm with ya all the way Moopz_Vader! C'mon! Say it with me, 'Die, die, die, Palpy DIE!!!!'

::AngelQueen is still screaming it as the men in white carry her out of her house::

::grins::

AngelQueen

15. jade_angel

jade_angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 4, 2001
    Ugh! Big Palpy hater! Your post just captured the personality of Palpatine that I hate. :D Which means you did GOOD!!

16. Lilu

Lilu Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 15, 2000
    I can't believe that I haven't read this before. It's just GREAT. :D

17. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    Aah Kee, Vader and Qui-Gon... a strange relationship, those two have =) Hmm... it's strange that Palps didn't take notice of that... Will you write more interaction between those two characters ? they have a lot to talk about ! And Qui-Gon is the only one who always trusted Anakin, whatever he had done, Vader must know that, huh ? He must feel more than respect for the Jedi ! and more respect for him than he does for Palpatine, too, but that's another story :D

So the Emperor stronlgy believes Vader would never come back ? tss... overconfident moron. And he thinks he will be able to destroy the Jedi once more... tss...

18. LadyZ

LadyZ Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 16, 2000
    I think Palpy didn't even notice Qui Gon- for him the old master is just a dead Jedi, killed a long time ago even before the Purge when it was not "normal" for a Jedi Master to die... maybe he doesn't even remember him... Your Highness you are greatly mistaken... in many many things... :D

19. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    Finally finished Of Darkness and love! Yes! *Kee leans back in the chair, a very satisfied smile on her face*

I've been a bit busy, but there will be another post tomorrow, and I'll try to make it a long one. See ya then! For now, take care!

20. Dark_Luke_Junkie

Sep 24, 2000
    We'll hold you to that promise, Kee! ;)

21. Queengodess

Jul 18, 2000
    That's okay, D_L_J...here goes!

---

?You knew about this, of course??

Mace Windu nodded as he seated himself opposite Mon Mothma in the Alliance?s common room. Probably wisely, the Rebels had been assigned to the east part of the temple while the Empire slept in the west part.

?Of course. We had no idea about this?transformation, though.?

Depa Billaba frowned.

?What can possibly have caused it??

?Couldn?t he just use the Force to heal himself?? Rieekan inquired.

Yoda shook his aged head.

?No. Healing, of the light is. The Dark, only able to destroy it is.?

?Perhaps the same twist in the Force that brought us back to life did it?? Sasee Tiin suggested.

?That would seem likely. Even though I can?t see why the Force would like to do that?, Depa agreed.

?Mysterious are the ways of the Force. Easy to see, its wishes are not.?

?You all seem awfully calm about this!? Drael stormed. ?You sit there and discuss your beloved Force. That monster killed you, for Force?s sake.?

Rieekan eyed his younger colleague closely.

?Am I wrong, Jor, or have you had previous contact with Anakin Skywalker. That is, before he became Darth Vader.?

The blonde Corellian stared at his superior, and friend.

?I?m born on Corellia, but most of my life I?ve spent on a small planet called Zyclis. It was often raided by pirates, and for each time we grow poorer and more desperate. The Repbulic didn?t really care about us, we were far too small and unimportant ? like Jord is now. Anyway, Anakin Skywalker helped us. He defeated the pirates, or most of them. Ever since, we?ve regarded him as a hero. When he was reported dead, we all grieved. And we honored his memory?? He closed his eyes, teeth clenced. ?And now ? ?

?Calm down, Jor. We can?t do anything?, Rieekan said softly.

Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon entered the room. The taller of the two Jedi raised his eyebrow.

?Where are the kids? I though the dinner was about to start.?

?Hm, I?m not so sure I want to join it?, Drael muttered. Obi-Wan understood the man. Far too well, actually. If he could have it his way he would run and run, until he was as far away from the man looked exactly like, sounded like, everything but was like the young man he?d called apprentice for so many years?

But he said nothing, even though he felt his master?s gaze upon him. Damned be he. Always the compassionate, the understanding?He thought Anakin could still be saved. But Qui-Gon hadn?t been around the last thirthy years. He didn?t know what Vader was like.

That Vader was the only thing that remained of the slaveboy he?d freed.

?Where?s Luke and Han??

The slender Princess Leia entered with Solo?s fury companion, Chewbacca, wasn?t it?

?I think they?re in their rooms, Princess?, Ackbar told her. ?Perhaps we should call them. I think we?re running out of time.?

Running out of time? That was exactly how Obi-Wan felt?

?Seemed composed enough, but I tell you, he was stunned?, Han said as he slouched in one of the chairs in the comfortable room he shared with Chewie ? who wasn?t present ? and Luke, who stood by the window, ataring out at the darkening sky. .

?Hm.?

?Kid??

He turned away from the window and looked at his friend.

?Yes??

?You know, I?m really sorry about your father.?

Luke shrugged.

?Once I would have said, so am I. But now?I?m not so sure.?

The Corellian?s eyes narrowed and he gave Luke a suspicious glance.

?Hey, you?re not going to do anything stupid, are you??

?Stupid as in???

Han rose, and stretched his shoulders.

?I dunno. But?? he waved his finger in Luke?s direction. ?Don?t get any ideas, okay??

The young Jedi smiled.

?Don?t worry, Han. I know what I?m doing.?

It was true ? from a certain point of view. He knew that he was going to try to bring his father back from the Dark side. What he hadn?t figured out just yet was how he was going to do it.

Well. He would find a way. Because he knew there was still some traces of Anakin Skywalker left in Darth Vader. He knew it.

And yes, the

22. reklawyks

reklawyks Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 9, 2000
    Exciting....maybe Luke can team up with Qui-Gon to bring Ani back from the dark side? Hehehe, great post!! I really like the way they interact. :D

23. Twinnie

Twinnie Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 5, 2001
    Ooh, that diner promises to be something ! :p the beginning was most funny anyway =)

Hmm... I'm wondering if Han has any idea of what Luke plans, and if he does, what he thinks of it... :D

24. Obi-Zahn Kenobi

Obi-Zahn Kenobi Force Ghost star 7

Aug 23, 1999
    I don't believe Anakin is a racist. I think he was being a smart aleck and joking. Had the mood been different then even Yoda would've laughed.

25. AngelQueen

Mar 1, 2001
    I'd have to agree with ya there Obi-Z. Not even Vader was that bad. Definitely being a smart you know what! This dinner sounds like its going to be interesting! I can just imagine Princess Leia getting into a political discussion with Mon Mothma and Palpatine and out talking them all. She's got her mother's potential as a politician and her father's sharp wit! There no match for her! Or perhaps Qui-Gon will get into a conversation with Ani! ::hopeful grin::

Can't wait for more! This is soooooooooooooo great!

AngelQueen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.