main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Neither Happy NOR Venting-Just stuff!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jul 7, 2005.

1. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    LOL, well that's one way to go home. [face_laugh] Kinda hard to go upstream that way, but whatever works. :D And it sure beats paying way too much money for gas, right? :)

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Katey-

i have that southern accent from TIME to TIME. it is on my 'I's.

yeah somedays it comes out more then others. he he

3. Kaety

Kaety Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 30, 2005
    I can still get my accent if I am excited or speaking fast. I guess it works better because in southern so many sounds are blurred together or dropped intirely...

Dchew git that dunfurme?
    Yep, weal thankyamuch. I don-no how'll repay ya but I thankya kindly. [face_batting]

4. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    it is lazy talk. :) ha ha that is what i always said.

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    Have to go into the office today to move my cube. Actually...moving my cube *out* -- will be 100% remote after this week, but also helping a few non-remote peoples move their stuff.

Now...I just need to figure out how to make working at home more bearable, and figure out how to get a better balance in life. I need a real desk or something at home. Someplace I can leave my junk laying out and not have to pick up and move everytime somebody comes over. Hmmmm.

And, this will probably be my last post for the day since I'll be without a connection for the rest of the day.

6. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    well, there is a wildifre near pueblo. Last evening when the smoke of the day was settling it actully obscured the mountains to the south and west.It looked like a cloudy day. for the first time I saw what it would be like to live in an area that doesnt have mountains. Kinda depressing and really boring. I never relized how those lumps of earth add to the veiw.

7. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    amen to that brother. now that i am closer...i mean i saw them in greeley, but now, when i am driving down broncos pkway (as i throw eggs at the broncos HQ)

i am in AWE of the view i have. it is truely incredible.

i never get sick of seeing it. *sigh* i love living in Colorado.

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    so i have this new job and i was pretty busy getting the new website together, WHICH everyone is so happy with, which makes me happy.

anywho....today i haven't had anything to do. so i am asking for work, i mean i got a few things to do, but still not enough.

so i have been taking old brochures and redesigning them. the thing is come august/september, i won't be able to breath.

so yeah there ya go. that IS my favorite pharse...and then maybe 'not so much.' :D

9. Sithis

Sithis Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 28, 2005
    good things colorado: mountains i visit every 2 weeks, caves, cave drawings, football and when its not dry
    bad things: all teams except broncos (elway era), annoying temperature changes, greenish air above denver, all cars

I took the bike to work today :50 min ride from belleview to mississippi all platte river drive

when i returned, i took a different trail and ended up in my old neighborhood around federal and sheridan in a ghetto with alot of graffitti so I put my mark down and got out my inkz; I love defacing/decorating the city especially with good drawings and not gang graffitti!

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    this is really a venting type of thing...so yeah.

but my legs are sore from swimming everyday...ok just wanted to share. :)

11. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I made myself laugh...I'm uploading data to an ftp site, and in the 'remaining time' section, it said "1 Day 12 minutes"

Then it went down to 17 hours and 14 minutes. Now it only has 12 hours and 9 minutes remaining...not bad considering it lost 5 hours in about 10 minutes time...

:D

12. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    That tells me...

You guys need some tech people out there that know what they're doing. LOL.

13. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    ok this is just strange.

so today i am listening to the eagles...and one of the guys comes by and says. well your office doesn't sound like a horror flick.

i was like what? he said you aren't listening to star wars.

Ok am i crazy, but i never thought SW sounded like a horror movie.????[face_tired]

14. Sith_Slayer

Sith_Slayer Jedi Master star 6

Apr 9, 2002
    The new RoTS score actually has some fairly dissonant and atonal passages, which I suppose could be construed as being "horrific".

The Cirque du Soleil Opera House piece & the Anakin/Padme staring across the vast expanse of Coruscant scene spring to mind.

I suppose the Obi/Ani duel has some tense qualities characteristic of a Horror-film score...

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok i give you that...

however, since i am not a big fan of the horror films. i mostly think of like slasher type music or something of the sort.

16. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    With all the hot weather, we're putting up tarps across the back of the house in an attempt to keep from broiling.

17. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    Knit Jayne's cap.

It's almost enough to make me think of taking up knitting. I know so many people who need one of these.

18. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    LOL. Sweet.

But, that's one costuming skill I'll try not to develop.

But that cap matches my newest snowboard...

19. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    I've always wanted to learn how to knit.

20. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    Knitting actually isn't bad.
    I knitted a scarf for my best friend last Christmas.

21. StarBlazer

StarBlazer Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2001
    I have 4 roommates. Don't yet know if that's a positive or negative...

22. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Wow. All in one room, or in an apartment?

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    this is sort of sad, but not.

so i am posting it here.

as some of you know i have moved and i needed to go up to greeley and do the walk through and what not. well i just got off the phone with my landlord and he said, well you know the place is all clean (a dear friend did it for me) and there isn't really any reason for you to come up. so i am like oh ok. wow...well there ya go.

so that is good, but sad in a way, i won't get to 'say' good-bye to my beautiful place in greeley. :( oh well...so it goes.

that chapter is now closed.

24. Taeriel

Feb 9, 2003
    Here's something to cheer you up: pictures of kittens. We have six that we're in the process of finding new homes for. We have two people stopping by tonight, one to look at the black kitty and one to look at the two white-biege ones.

25. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    too cute!