main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Neither Happy NOR Venting-Just stuff!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jul 7, 2005.

1. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I second the rainy day thing MA!

I just hit 100 on ebay :p =D= yea me.

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok..today I have felt like I have been on caffeiene all day. In fact someone asked me about it.

I feel like I could run around the building a couple of times and still have enough energy for whatever!

Maybe it is all this working out I am doing!

Who knows. UNLESS Coke messed up and put caffeine in my Caffeine FREE Diet Coke. he he

I am actually feeling a little jittery. VERY STRANGE.

3. artoosmommy

artoosmommy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    I felt jittery today, but I think it was because I finally saw War of the Worlds last night and it scared the bedaylights outta me.

4. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    ok this is wierd i just got a call from somebody asking if i could come over today and now i dont know who called

5. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    A friend of mine just emailed me an MP3 of the Meco disco Star Wars theme.

I almost put this in the happy venting thread, but I wasn't sure I wanted to admit that it made me happy.

Except I just did.

(Sigh...)

6. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Remind me before the September meeting... And I might be able to make that a VERY happy vent [face_devil]

Why, you might ask?

A CD's worth of SW Disco music
    A CD's worth of SW Rave Music
    Couple CD's worth of SW Fan & Pro Tribute Music
    Few CD's worth of misc SW music type stuff.

Don't ask how... Don't ask where... Don't ask when... But at some point SW Fans became cool like that ;)

7. Doni

Jun 6, 2005
    Wow. Just...wow. :D

So, you're like the queen of SW fringe ephemera or something, right? (thinking of your comment on the SWHS poll.)

8. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    She is. She's a great resource, especially since I like the spinoffs and peripherals much more than I like the real thing in many aspects.

9. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok,
    So I am working on a newsletter for our church.

Can I say...sometimes I amaze myself. LOL

:D

10. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    I also have the definitive SWK collection ;)

And a collection of Digital RPG material that made a couple of hardcore F2F RPGers weep :D

And my other collection... Well... It's um... Not really something I can discuss on these boards :eek: [face_blush]

11. buffy_wine

buffy_wine Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 8, 2003
    A mosquito kept me up past midnight last night.
    They are so annoying when they buzz around your head.
    But I finally won the battle. Bwhahahha!

12. Doni

Jun 6, 2005
    Zoo, now that I think about it, I have far too much of that kind of stuff too. (if there is such a thing as too much). A copy of Meco's "Christmas Among the Stars" or whatever that thing was called. 2 CDs full of fan films. The Ewok movies DVD--AND the Ewok cartoon DVD.

And when I turn my computer on it says, "What is thy bidding, my master?"

[face_mischief]

13. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    We won't even go into the number of ZZT games I have from the "olden days" or the 8-tracks, or...

Okay, I think I can understand why my head is filled w/ all this useless info... And why everyone always ends up calling me a nerd :p [face_blush]

/goes off to hide her collection of LP's, baby name books for writing, genealogy texts, shelf of Lincoln assassination literature, vast number of filmography books, 6 dictionaries, 3 sets of encyclopedias, my medical books, Atari system and games, and all the various literature obesssions over the years./

14. mirax80

mirax80 Retired Midwest RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    I was just watching Ghost Hunters on Sci-Fi... and there was this dude down in like Louisiana just totally trippin' out because his house was haunted. He looked like AHPR!! Sorry man, but he soooo looked like you! :eek:

15. artoosmommy

artoosmommy Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    Okay. My weird little son has been in the bath tub for 45 (45!!!!) minutes alternating between breathing like Darth Vader, and reciting dialogue from Episode II. Normally, I'd have pulled him out 20 minutes ago, but I've been sitting here in hysterics and am unwilling to end the fun.

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    That is just too cute.

That is reason enough to have kids right there. You can corrupt them in the ways of 'The Force'.

AND dress them up in Titans clothes. OH wait, that would be for my child. :(

17. Doni

Jun 6, 2005
    I love hearing stories about these mini-Star Wars fans! I can only imagine what I was like at that age.

Zoo: Yay! I use baby name books, too! And the phone book. I've recently taken to copying down the names that come on spam email, because some of them are just too good. The trouble with that is everyone'll be using the same names!

18. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Doni - I like to use foreign phone directories for names too... You get some really good ones that way :) But I get those online [face_devil]

19. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Recent Observations

by Jenny Quinn

I've suddenly developed this weird digestive tick...I guess that is what you'd call it. It's like if a burp and a hiccup got together...and had a biccup? All the time I have these biccups. Now they arent horrible or anything, just really really weird. Never had em before. Must be a symptom of what I am affectionately labeling "pregnancy syndrome". Only happens when you're pregnant.

List gets longer everyday.

Most surprising symptom? BabyBrain. How does it work? I'm a lil stupider everyday. I've never been a super genius...you'd think eventually I'd run out of IQ points, not like I'm tapping an unlimited supply or anything. :p

I leave the door unlocked, leave the coffee pot on, forget the names of my dearest friends, forget my own name, forget what day it is...etc.

Ouch.

Oh yah...I have also lost the ability to parallel park. Its gone...where it went I do not know. I'd like it back, please. :(

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Mistress,
    At least you have a good excuse, which is more than most people can say.

I just got asked. 'Melody, where are you from?' So, of course I had to stop and think, was I talking with a Southern accent. It is funny, when I say Ohio and then have to explain that I lived in TN for 6 years.

That definantly fell under the 'Just Stuff' catagory.

21. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    There are parts of Ohio that are more southern than Tennessee :p

22. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    We all know your accent is fake...we can totally tell. ;)

23. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Yes, Jen-nay, it is my goal to sound like an uneducated hick. You find me out.

24. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    We're all a lil bit country round here, Miss Missy Miss. [:D]

southern dont mean dumb. I'm not proof, but I am sure at least one of us is.

25. ZOOfo-Dyas

Oct 3, 2004
    Should I just break out the accent at all meetings from now on? It was going pretty good on Monday after getting back from VA/MD

And it should be interesting when I get back from TX this Monday [face_devil] Not that I will be talking much ;) [face_devil]