main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Neither Happy NOR Venting-Just stuff!

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by nnaydolem, Jul 7, 2005.

1. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    I am sitting here at my work, working the sound system and multi-media equipment.

BOY is it exciting.

Ok NOT so much. So I have nothing else to do.

It looks like looking on eBay and sending PMs. he he he

2. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I have too much to do. But I took a break when they dropped off our new range and microwave (when it's as old as you, it's time for a new one). The range has a neat-o flat ceramic top.

3. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    I got my haircut today. It looks nice, but I've got to get it dyed again soon. I've got a blond stripe going right down my part. hehe.

And I found out my grand parents are coming, which means I can get more genealogy done since I was promised more pictures and stuff :D

4. cyodarun

cyodarun Retired RMFF CR star 4

Apr 23, 2002
    I can't believe anyone lives in this place...you freakin start sweating the minute you get out of the shower.... :(

5. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    And your clothes never dry! I hate how everytime we go to FL nomatter how long you leave your clothes in the dryer, they never dry.

And, not sure if I should be happy about this or not, but it appears a family of bunnies has decided to live in our backyard. I guess that's what we get for living next to the prairies. At least Isabel likes them.

6. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Bunnies are tasty. :D

7. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    So is Thai food.
    ;)

8. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jun 23, 2000
    Ooo... or bunnies cooked in a Thai style.

9. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    One of my bosses has a crush on a guy at her church, she found out he is a big SW geek. Now she wants me to tutor her on SW. I have a ton of work in front of me, she only nows Darth Vader. oi.It took me 10 min to explain the order the movies came out. This is going to be tough.

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Another Tuesday morning sitting and running the sound system for four hours...doing nothing.

11. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    This is so cool -- they're calling the 10th planet and its moon "Xena" and "Gabrielle." It's not official yet, but the American geek scientists are pushing for it. LOL.

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/9557092/

12. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    I think the guy is right on it being a 10th planet

13. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
  14. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    So most of you know I work at a church.

I was just scanning in somethings for our administator.

Building usage, etc, etc.

For the use of the building, pastor, organist, custodian, etc, etc. You are looking at quite a chuck of change. That isn't including your dress, flowers, limo, etc. etc.

That is it, I have said this before..I am eloping. I am serious. At least that way I won't make anyone mad about who is the maid of honor. :D

It is crazy...

15. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    #1, you need someone to elope with.

#2, and should know them for quite sometime before you tie the knot.

#3, why would someone get there feelings hurt for not being the Maid of Honor???? Who would need a friend like that?

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Well I know that on both 1 & 2...I am just speaking hypothetically...it comes with the job.

And you would be surprised...I have one friend, who if I didn't pick her...HOLY COW, thing is, I wouldn't pick her. :eek:

I am just grateful I don't work for with the Nursery. Talk about thinking about things...

17. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    Just say NO!!! And maybe you'll stop thinking?

18. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Stop THINKING. WHAT a concept!!!

I must try that sometime. :)

19. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok...
    This is both good and bad...so it is in this thread.

Well I got four points knocked down to one. But of course I still have to pay. :(

BUT I am not at work now, so that IS good. :)

20. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    Denver Etiquette

1. You must learn to pronounce the city name. It is: "den-ver" not Denvah.

2. Forget the traffic rules you learned elsewhere. Denver has its own version of traffic rules...the cars/truck with the loudest muffler goes next at a 4-way stop. The truck with the biggest tires goes after that.(Note: Blue-haired, green-haired or cranberry-haired ladies driving anything have right of way anytime.)

3. To find anything in Denver it is required that you know Colfax and Broadway; the Alpha and Omega -- the beginning and the End.

4. The morning rush hour is from 5:00 to 10:00 a.m. The evening rush hour is from 3:00 to 7:00 p.m. Friday's rush hour starts on Thursday morning.

5. If you actually stop at a yellow light, you will be rear ended, cussed out and possibly shot.

6. You must know that "I-25 and the Valley Hwy" are the same road. Same goes for Hampden Ave, Highway 285.

7. North and south only vaguely resemble the real direction of certain streets such as Speer Blvd.

8. Highway 285 runs north, south, east and west and every direction in between; it can be found in every section of the Denver area to make navigating interesting.

9. Construction is a permanent fixture in Denver. The barrels are moved around in the middle of the night to make the next days driving a bit more exciting.

10. Watch very carefully for road hazards such as drunks, jay-walkers, pan-handlers, skunks, dogs, barrels, cones, cows, horses, pot holes, cats, pieces of other cars, truck tires, squirrels, rabbits, prairie dogs and crows or vultures feeding on any of these items.

11. Ground clearance of at least 12 inches for your vehicle is recommended for city driving. Lots of "stuff" falls off or falls from something.

12. If someone actually has their turn signal on, wave them to the shoulder immediately to let them know it has been "accidentally activated."

13. The minimum acceptable speed on all freeways -- I-25, I-76, I-225, US 285/Hampden, Hwys 87 and 36 is 85 mph. Anything less is considered downright sissy. This is Colorado's version of NASCAR. The difference is some drivers are armed and irritable!

14. Never honk at anyone. Ever. Seriously. (It maybe hazardous to your health)

15. If you are in the left lane and are going only 70 in a 55-65 zone...you are considered a road hazard, and will be "flipped off" accordingly.

16. The trend in recent years indicates if it's 70 degrees, Thanksgiving must be next weekend.

17. If it's snowing, it could well be the week after Memorial Day.

18. Highway 36 to and from Boulder is called the "Turnpike." No other highway is called the Turnpike. If someone refers to another highway as a Turnpike, tell them to go back to the East.

19. If someone refers to a highway with the article "the," as in, "The 25" tell them to go back to California.

20. A red light means four more cars can go through. Not three, not five. Four.

21. Lincoln Street is a major route into Downtown and runs north and south. Lincoln Ave. is now a major route on the south end of town, but the two never meet.

22. University and Colorado are two boulevards that run parallel. Geometry not working in the suburbs, these streets intersect south of C-470.

23. When you see an orange cone, you must stop and then move slowly until there are no more cones. There need not be construction, only cones.

24. By state law, there will be a rollover accident in the median on C-470 between Quebec St. and Santa Fe Drive no less often than once every other business day.

25. Despite the fact that Colorado Boulevard is a straight line from I-70 to I-25, it is not a shortcut, especially at rush hour. Same goes for University, which changes names three times anyway.

26. Merging rules:

(a) Under no circumstances should you ever allow anyone, in any way, To get in front of you. No more than one car length must be between you and the one in front of you, as rear-end collisions happen to other people. If traffic is merging into one lane, then you better make dang sure you hug the back bump

21. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    Have been sick for two days and finally got in to the doctor today. After an hour wait in the lobby and 30 minutes in the exam room, I find out I am suffering from acid reflux, a cold and a bladder infection. Doc says next time, dont need an appt, just stop by, go in a cup and she'll call me with a prescription. Wish I would have known that earlier, lol.

But, I feel better knowing my back pain is my bladder and not early labor or some other horrid thing. :)

Off to pick up antibiotics and juice.

22. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    M...Hope ya get better. :(

ZOO...OMG...I've been sitting here for the last 10 minutes laughing my butt off. LOL.

23. ZOOfo-Dyas

ZOOfo-Dyas Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    I've had people going on that one for a week [face_laugh]

The funniest part of that things is JUST HOW TRUE IT IS!

24. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Tuesday Mornings. Sitting in the chapel AGAIN.

I think it is time to do some eBaying...

25. Zoom_Cthooga

Jun 30, 2004
    The even funnier part is that it was up for over a week before I looked in this thread. :p