main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Nejaa, Djon and a pittin

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by earlybird-obi-wan, Sep 4, 2017.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Nejaa, Djon and a pittin
    Author: Earlybird-obi-wan
    Timeframe: 66 years before ANH
    Characters: Nejaa Halcyon, Scerra, OC Djon v’Ima
    Genre: short piece
    Summary: Nejaa has feelings for Scerra when he is about to transport a new initiate to the Jedi.

Nejaa, Djon and a pittin

Nejaa Halcyon really admired Scerra’s driving. She was taking caution but she was also chattering about girl things and of course the romantic feelings she had when she saw the sun setting over the skyline of Coronet city. And that…
    He wanted to grab the controls and get on to the spaceport where his transport was waiting to get him and his charge Djon v’Ima to the Jedi temple on Coruscant. But…
    He had heard the words from his friends at CorSec. ‘Be very careful with him. He just gave me another one of his famous Jedi-rides.’ He thought ‘hey man I am good at Jedi-rides, getting you as soon as possible and with the utmost care and security to where you want to be.’
    Scerra’s interpretation of Jedi-rides was just huh. He hoped to arrive in time.
    And he did.

Scerra stopped the speeder before his transport.

He hopped out of the speeder and waited for Scerra. She did and flew in his arms and kissed him. And that and the rays of the setting sun had him feeling very un-Jedi things but so right for a Corellian Jedi.
    “I will return as soon as possible.” He managed to say when he and Scerra disentangled.

“You have to go. Your transport is about to leave.”

He scooped up Djon and his two toys and ran towards the ramp and stopped when he heard the cry of the boy.

“Tiny pittin. Help pittin.”

There under the ramp was a tiny animal quivering with fear.

“Hold!” Nejaa shouted with a booming voice.

A member of the diplomatic courier corps hurried towards the ramp. “What’s up?”

Scerra was about to go back into her speeder and halted when she saw Nejaa and Djon not headed inside the transport.
    But Nejaa was already heading towards the place where he heard the soft meowing sounds.

“Help pitting,” Djon was squirming and kicking in Nejaa’s grasp. His right foot hit something.

The something disentangled from Nejaa’s belt and dropped towards the tarmac. It bounced away and came to rest under the speeder.

“He will go with us.” Nejaa bowed towards the tarmac, attention only on the little animal that was wet and very dirty and trying to move even further under the ramp.

Djon squirmed even more.

“You want to be the one catch him?” Nejaa put the child down with a fleeting smile on his face. “Alright.” He sat down on his haunches and felt immediately that there was something different. ‘My lightsaber!’ Lightning fast he stood up. Hands moved to his belt. “My lightsaber is gone.”

“Pittin, pittin,” Djon reached out with his hands.

“You have lost your weapon,” Scerra hurried now to Nejaa. “You had it when you were with me in the speeder.”

“Come pittin,” Djon smiled.

The animal was quivering but getting curious.

“It must be somewhere,” Nejaa hurried to the speeder and began to search.

Scerra joined him.

And Djon?
    The pittin was crawling towards him, fear going away.
    “Pittin wet,” Djon managed to pick up the tiny animal and felt the wet fur covered with green slime and dirt. “Help pittin!”

Nejaa heard the cry of the child when he was bowed down with his head and torso in the speeder and hurried back to Djon. He squatted down on his haunches next to the child. “The pittin will be alright. He must have been hiding for the storm. Poor thing. Maybe he was washed away in the sewer-system and transported here. He is wet, smelly but a bit of drying up and some food and he will make it.”

“Pittin good,” Djon stroked the dirty fur.

“Yes” Nejaa reached for Djon to pick him up when his attention was drawn to a gleaming object under Scerra’s speeder. “And I have found my lightsaber. Scerra, it is under the speeder.”

Scerra bowed down to retrieve the lightsaber, caught it and hurried with a big smile on her face to Nejaa. “You just wanted one more kiss.”

“Uhm,” Nejaa began when he felt Scerra’s lips on his.

“Love Scerra,” Djon grinned.

“Jedi Halcyon, we have to go now.”

“Yes,” Nejaa disentangled from Scerra, lifted Djon and hurried with his charge towards the ramp and in the transport.

FIN

2. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Wonderful to read of a rescued pittin and a burgeoning romance. :) [face_laugh] My idea of a Jedi ride is closer to Nejaa's. [face_mischief]

earlybird-obi-wan likes this.
  3. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016