main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Oregon Nerd Fellowship

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Larena_Jade, Jan 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Larena_Jade

Larena_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 19, 2002
    List the top 5 nerdiest things you've ever done. If it was before the age of 12 it doesn't count. GO.

2. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Oh, and your list will be open to critique. If we, being any of us, believe something cannot be defined as "nerdy" then you must supplement with a different time.

3. ImperialJedi

ImperialJedi Jedi Master star 3

Sep 23, 2001
    Ummm..

4. Program in BASIC for fun when I was in elementary school. (I can't program anything now.)
    3. Film crew on Jediz and Jinxes, a HP and SW crossover fanfilm series.
    2. Met with other SW geeks and helped start the Oregon FanForce.
    1. Started a Quidditch team at SCAD and competed against the University of Georgia's Quidditch Team.

Everything else seems normal: collecting SW EU novels, writing fanfiction, watching the movies a gazillion times, dressing up on Halloween, etc. :-B :p

-IJedi

4. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    Hey! I said none before the age of 12!
    But since you are the only one that has attempted the list, I will let it pass.

I promise I'll have a list of my own soon. However I a dead tired right now and am going to pass out if baby lets me.

5. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    I must have skipped over that part. Whoops.[face_whistling] Well, I still can't really think of too much else. Maybe I'm only a half-nerd.

6. jawafett

jawafett Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep star 3

Mar 13, 2003
    My top 5 Nerdiest things I've ever done (some are things I still currently do):

5) Attend SW Special Editions wearing my Han Solo vest and standing up and yelling as the SW Logo flew on the screen embarising my family.
    4) Meeting Richard Hatch (orginal BSG Apallo) at the Portland Comic Book show and talking for half an hour.
    3) Currently Dressing up as ANH Han Solo.
    2) Still playing with my SW Toys, and making pew pew noise
    1) Naming my son Lucas. It wasn't on our name list, plus there's a big story about him which I won't go over for personal reasons.

-Eric

7. Larena_Jade

Nov 19, 2002
    5. fell in love with, met in person, and married someone from the Star Wars Oregon Fanforce :p
    (believe me, every time we were asked the "how did you meet?" question it was very embarrassing, lol)

4. used to live, eat, and breath SW(no joke) and lived out an RPG in everyday life: Han would pick me up and take me to Yavin 4 each week for Jedi Academy training, I issued and signed letters from Luke Skywalker(who became my brother-in-law when he married my sister Mara) and gave them to friends saying they had been accepted into the academy, walked around town with fellow padawans "keeping the peace" with lightsabres in hand, sang the SW National Anthem with tearful pride "For i am a star wars freak! And I'll be to the grave!", and..exc.

3. secretly played with my action figures until I was 16 or 17

2. stood in line for 2 days for episode 2 with nothing but a jedi cloak as i looked longingly at the people with tents

1. probably not that biggy, but nerdy none the less: used to have the trilogy memorized word for word and would watch the movies in my head when i was bored.

eh, I led kind of a sheltered life. Haha.

8. ImperialJedi

Sep 23, 2001
    I used to be able to quote the OT word for word too! It's so funny now because I can't and I feel embarrassed about it! For non-SW geeks, they'd be embarrassed for being able to quote it, and here I am feeling the opposite. lolz

9. crashdown

crashdown Jedi Master star 4

Nov 6, 2003
    -I used to be the Oregon Fanforce Chapter Rep.
    -Met Former Governor John Kitzhaber for the first time while dressed like a Jedi Knight.
    -I juggle and ride the unicycle.
    -I stayed up last night till 1AM learning to write Excel functions for fun.
    -I wrote this list.

10. AramysStrael

AramysStrael Jedi Master star 4

Mar 9, 2004
    I suppose I can fill out a list of five. But where to begin?

Ok, but not in any particular order......

1. Started out writing a campaign for a SW:RPG, but quickly turned into a full-blown writing of a fanfic novel.

2. Posted on forums, as my screen name character and carried on a dialogue with other forum members as if we were those characters in real life - damn, that was a lot of fun!

3. I actually have episodic Star Wars dreams. I tend to pick up where I left off, previously, just like regular television show episodes. :-B

4. I'm a Star Wars costumer. Started out as an Imperial Technician. Then moved onto Imperial Officer (ISB), then TIE PILOT. Then I went back to the black officer uniform. And we can't forget my custom Corran Horn (CorSec Agent) uniform, that failed attempt of a Jedi costume (it only saw one outing), and my Mandalorian Merc costume. As a result of being a costumer, I've met many interesting people: Daria O'Niel, former Gov John Kitzhaber (I was with Crash when we had pics taken with the man. I was in my TIE PILOT), Congressman David Wu (a real geek at heart... gotta love that guy!), Peter Mayhew (Chewbacca), Ray Park (Darth Maul, Snake Eyes, Toad), Gigi Edgeley (Chiana from Farscape), Wayne Pygram (young Tarkin in Ep III), new BSG actors Michael Hogan (Saul Tigh), Aaron Douglas (Chief Terrol), and Tamoh Pennikett (Helo).

5. Autographed pics of myself (in costume) and gave them to Peter Mayhew, Wayne Pygram, Ray Park, Michael Hogan, Aaron Douglas, Tamoh Pennitte, Jewel Staite - Serenity and Stargate: Atlantis (didn't get to meet her, but I passed my autographed photo to her, anyway), and Gigi Edgeley. :D

And just for extra credit:

6. I called up 105.1 the Buzz to tell them about my most embarrassing moment: When I was in my Imperial Officer's uniform, out on the ice at the Rose Garden during the Winterhawk's Mascot Night and sidestepped to keep "Coolbird" from scoring a goal. While doing so, the iron heel of my boot landed on the ice just right and it went flying forward, taking the rest of me along with it. Before I knew it, my whole body went horizontal and I landed on my back. The crowd, all 11,733 of them, just roared. The other mascots had no idea what got the crowd so excited, but they were digging it (I later told them why and those guys all laughed at me!). So, not only was I humiliated in front of 11,733 people that night, but I called into the radio station to talk about it (because they asked what was your most humiliating experience), and funny-man Nelson busted out his Yoda voice and called me a dumb@$$ Imperial Officer....

7. There was that time when I towed Xeco's car from Willamette Park to her house in the Belmont area. This was after we all had spent the day socializing - OFF, CCG, DST, KB, and whoever else was there. When Xeco called me up saying her car died and needed to be towed back to her place, I flip a u-turn and headed back down to the park. I didn't have a flashlight, so I used my Luke Skywalker Force FX lightsaber as a flashlight :D to see under the car when I hooked up the tow cable. Hey, it worked! Of course, my buddy did say, "hey, your Jedi Knights are here to rescue you!" :oops:

So, how does all that rate on your nerd fellowship scale? :-B

- Bill

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.