main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph [NERRRD] Observations, rhetorical questions, comments & 55 Years of Star Trek (General Thread)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Darth Guy, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Neelix was quite bad.

2. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Lwaxana was supposed to be annoying. Wesley was supposed to be the Most Specialest Guy in the Universe, so I pick him.

3. Juliet316

Juliet316 39x Hangman Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner

Apr 27, 2005

No character on Trek will ever be annoying as Star Wars' Jar Jar.

That being said, Eddington, before he was revealed to be Maquis (and suddenly a much more interesting character), annoyed the hell out of me oftentimes.

Oh and here we go again, speaking of annoying things that won't die (talking about the rumor, not the character)

4. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Harry Mudd. But Neelix "wins" through sheer quantity of exposure.

5. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004

Yeah. Lwaxana and Q were the only two characters who could consistently push Picard's buttons. Wesley was annoying, but he was annoying because they wrote him as a teenage genius but didn't really do anything with him beyond a bunch of Wesley saves the ship/goes to the academy episodes.

6. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    And killed plants!

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    [​IMG]

And he killed plants. Yes, we will never forget that, will we?

8. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Wesley was definitely the most annoying. He was just bad all through his entire arc really...First Duty is only good because of Picard's awesomeness. Although, Lwaxana really overstayed her welcome as well. She was mildly amusing the odd time on TNG, but she was just excruciating on DS9. Neelix got a bit more tolerable in the later seasons of VOY.

9. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    Chakotay

V-2, Diggy and TX-20 like this.
  10. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    First Duty is pretty fantastic and Wheaton is great in it but, c'mon, Wheaton was great in Stand By Me so he obviously had it in him. But I will admit I am a huge fan of the very Wesley centric "The Game" because I just find it amusing that the entire crew gets taken over by this addictive videogame but meanwhile Wesley COMPLETELY misses it because him and Ensign Lefler were basically off camera making out the entire time that happened. Which is totally okay because Lefler is played by early 90s Ashley Judd so it makes perfect sense. Basically Wesley didn't save the ship that time because he was smart but basically it was because Lefler is so hot it allowed Wesley to miss what was going on and then save the ship. Which he does via Data using a flashlight.

11. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I also really liked the first Wesley-takes-the-Starfleet-exam episode, which I think was the first to cover exactly what the Picard/Crusher relationship was as well (I may be misremembering that)...

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Her first DS9 appearance was one of the few times I liked her. Her subsequent appearance returned to pattern, however.

TX-20 likes this.
  13. True Sith

True Sith Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2015
    Hm, now that I think about it, I only vaguely remember her first appearance on DS9. I was thinking of other Lwaxana-centric episodes like Fascination (where everyone falls in love with each other), and that other one where she's married to some guy and then has to marry Odo. Or something.

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Her first appearance e had her take off the wig while stuck with Odo who puddles into her dress (...)

That marriage one was the one I really didn't care for.

TX-20 likes this.
  15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Can anyone recommend some good covers/renditions of the TOS theme? I'm looking for something that isn't a direct version of the original or the version used in the JJ films but rather something that doesn't feature the vocals (and is maybe a little less horn-centric?): closer to the brief version in the ST3 credits (but I'm open to other variants/styles too).

EDIT- I'll also open the question up wider as I'm putting together a wider Trek playlist. Any tracks from the shows or ST09/STID that stand out? (I've got the other film scores covered already, plus the main show themes, Enterprising Young Men from ST09, The Inner Light suite and three BOBW tracks (Engaged the Borg, Captain Borg & Intervention)).

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
  17. TX-20

TX-20 Force Ghost star 4

Jun 21, 2013
    **** Yeah!

18. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    So Kurtzman out?

19. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    This actually sounds pretty promising. Apparently he's a hardcore Trek fan and he became a writer with the stated intention of writing Star Trek.

20. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I'll be very interested to see his take on the Abramsverse (if they are going in that direction).

21. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Okay, now I'm excited.

TX-20 likes this.
  22. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    But... still on CBS streaming only which blows...

23. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012

Exactly.

Good creativity potentially going in vain.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not to mention actually wrote for DS9 & VOY, so he has experience in the universe that might lend a more traditional approach to the JJverse.

And that's not even mentioning how amazing Hannibal was.

TX-20 likes this.
  25. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    Wow. Wow. Wow. Bryan ****ing Fuller? Now I have hope. Wow.

TX-20 likes this.