Amph **NERV HQ: CENTRAL DOGMA - An Evangelion Fan Thread**

Discussion in 'Community' started by Malshabek, Mar 19, 2004.

1. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    I've been here a while and have yet to see a thread dedicated to one of the greatest anime series of all time.
    I've seen one dedicated to Bebop...
    So I thought, 'Why not?' :p

This thread is for those who have see the hit anime TV series "Neon Genesis Evangelion". You may be a long-time fan or a newcomer to the series, but whoever you are, this is the place to discuss it.

If you are not familar with this series, the following is a link to a good review site that should give you a solid idea of what its about.

animetric.com

I'll start this thread by saying that I saw the series in its entirety about two years ago. I find it to be very well done in terms of story, character development, fight scenes, and overall quality of the artwork. The only thing it lacks for me is... more fight scenes. :p But I understand they had budget issues to deal with...

Recently I bought the series for myself on DVD and let me tell ya, when you'r flat broke like me, it takes ALOT to get you to spend that much money. :p

Well now that you have my opinion, I'll leave it open to the rest of you. :D
  2. darthtenbiscuits Force Ghost

star 7
    Of course I'd be first, wouldn't I? 8-}
  3. Nanashi Jedi Master

star 4
  4. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    I was thinking about you when I made this thread DTB. :p

So what is your favorite episode?

I'm pretty sure mine is 'Asuka Strikes!' :D

Pen Pen is teh coolness Nan. :cool: :D
  5. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I have a Pen-Pen plushie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do fan boys like Asuka so much?

My husband to be wants to name our daughter Asuka. (Her middle name)
  6. Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Pen-pen pwnz!!

:p

NGE is one of the best animé series I've ever seen, and it is my favorite by far. The movies were kinda ****** up though. [face_plain]

EDIT: Mitt, I often wonder the same thing. I found Asuka to be rather annoying. Misato and Rei though.... [face_love] [face_love] [face_love]

»Unfamiliar Ceiling«
  7. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    Its not that I like Asuka so much as I like her Eva. :D

I think its my favorite one of the Eva Series...
    If for no other reason then the incredible fight sequence with Unit 02 in End of Evangelion. :D
  8. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
    Great series. I watched it, uhm, 5 or 6 years ago and I still think it's the best anime series I've ever seen.
  9. Mitt Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    The movies were kinda ****** up though.

KINDA????????

I was handed those movies and told to watch them at 3am after I had been up 24 hours.
  10. Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    Rei's and Touji's were my favorite Evas. :cool:

»Who dares wins«
  11. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    I was handed those movies and told to watch them at 3am after I had been up 24 hours.

[face_laugh]

We're you drunk too? [face_laugh]

Cause that might cause some people to just kill themselves. :p

I loved the movies though.
    Way better alternative then the series ending IMO.
  12. darthtenbiscuits Force Ghost

star 7
    My favorite episode is the 24th. I haven't seen the New Production Cut version of it yet.
  13. BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus

star 5
    Count me in. My favorite characters are Rei, Misato, Pen-Pen, and Gendo for his ego (The man has the Sephiroth Tree painted on the ceiling of his office and his desk is positioned under the God space!)

My favorite Eva would be Eva Unit 03 -I know what happened with it...but it was just so cool in black.

Favorite episodes: "Magmadiver" -Thermal expansion [face_devil]
    "At Least, Be Humane."
    "Tear."

And I love "The End of Evangelion."

14. Quickstrike34 Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    My favorite episodes from the series would probably be 24, 25 and 26. Though alot of people seem to dislike 25 and 26, I absolutely adore them. ?Congratulations!? 8-}
  15. Tabris17 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here is a link to a site that has some pretty good scans of the Death & Rebirth and End of Evangelion Japanese theatrical programs.
  16. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    Good link Tabris. :D

I've been looking for a good sight that has still shots from the series that I can post here, but none of them seem to work. :(
  17. darthtenbiscuits Force Ghost

star 7
    That's because a lot of those sites are Angelfire or Geocities sites that won't let you hyperlink. Oh well, it's actualy better just to post links to the sites so as not to steal precious bandwidth. They also slow up browsers. ;)

Anhoo, here are some of my favourite EVA pic sites that I know of.

linky-poo

linky-poo

linky-poo

This one is a weird site about some videogame that mixes charcters from different GAINAX productions like Aim for the top! Gunbuster and Nadia: secret of blue water with the characters from EVA.

Eva to Yuka Nakamatachi Lair

And for good fanboy measure, here's a site dedicated to Rei that has a pretty cool compatibility quiz.

Lonely Angel

18. Lank_Pavail Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    *waits for Jifty to show up in this thread* :p
  19. Lord_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Oh yes- I'm an Eva-fan. My favourite is Eva-02, no doubt. Does anyone has an Eva site that has the scripts of the episodes and the movies?

My favourite character is Misato. Don't know why, but when I first saw the series, back when I was 11 or 12 years-old, I liked her. Also Asuka rocks.

EDIT: I "rediscovered" Evangelion back in the Summer of 2001. The opening theme is great. My favourite episode is the one with the angel in the water(the one where I see for the first time Eva-02 in action). Also I love every single character from the series.
  20. darthtenbiscuits Force Ghost

star 7
    I always had a problem with the "Asuks Strikes!" episode because Shinji & Asuka shouldn't be able to pilot EVA Unit 02 at the same time. It goes against everything else in the series. Plus I always thought that Angel battle was a little dorky.

My favourite Angel battle is the one against Zeruel. I always let out a w00t whenver I see EVA Unit 01's blood spray across Gendou's face.
  21. Lord_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    ^^^^^^^that episode is more to relax. Isn't a very "serious" episode. But it's funny to see Asuka and Shinji "cooperating". Not to mention Kaji :cool:

Mitt I like Asuka because she's funny! But the hottie of Evangelion is Misato, no doubt.

A critic said that "NGE is for Japan and anime like Star Wars is for USA and cinema". Best review ever!
  22. Lord_Fett Jedi Master

star 4
    Btw here's a nice quiz to see what eva character are you. I got Kaji :cool: [face_devil]
  23. darthtenbiscuits Force Ghost

star 7
    I got Rei Ayanami.

I remember making everyone in the 3SA cantina take that one night. They didn't know what Evangelion was so it was only amusing to me.

8-}
  24. Sci-FiGal Jedi Knight

star 1
    Although this seems pretty much a boy's club thread, I'll chime in by saying I'm a huuuge fan of Eva. Asuka has always been by far my favorite character. And if you think the movie was pretty ***** up, hehe, then try waching the american release "End of Evangelion" Dvd's audio comentary track. It's two of the english language producters (one is also the voice of Rei) plus a theology/eva fan... guy, I guess. Anyway, it's hilarious because they explain how the entire film is nothing but, well... "inuendos", lots of great jokes too. I highly recomend it for any fan.
  25. Malshabek Force Ghost

star 6
    I take those things and I always end up being most like Shinji. :p

Should I be worried? :(

EDIT: I've watched that commentary, Gal. :D
    The girl who does Rei sounds pretty cute. :p