main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph NERV HQ: CENTRAL DOGMA - An Evangelion Fan Thread (now in Netflix!)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Malshabek, Mar 19, 2004.

1. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    During "Giant Robot Week" CN aired the first episode of Evangelion. That was it. And the show's inclusion in the "Giant Robobt Week" lineup didn't make a lick of sense...that is if you know what the EVAs are.

2. Malshabek

Malshabek Jedi Master star 6

Oct 10, 2002
    Well to those who haven't seen the series thats what they look like, big robots.
    To list them as anything else could give away some spoilers from the series.

But that seriously sucks how CN won't give Eva more of a chance... [face_plain]

Good thing I have the box set. :D

3. Lord_Fett

Lord_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 14, 2002
    ^^^^^Can't you PM me the box set? :D

4. Malshabek

Oct 10, 2002
    ^^^^^Can't you PM me the box set?

No. :p I would copy it for you if I could though. :p

But I can tell you that the cheapest place you can get it is probably Best Buy for about $130.00.

Or you could wait for the directors cut version to come out like some people are. :p

5. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    ADV plans on soon offering the Director's cut episodes with the EVA boxset, but they haven't made an official announcement of it yet.

6. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002
    Btw have you heard the news about an Evangelion movie(not anime;with real actors)? Anno gave a thumbs-up for it, WETA (LOTR people) is in charge of sets and stuff, but I'm pretty sckeptical about it. But it seems that it will break away from the normal plot.

Quick question: how do you spell Evangelion? Me and most of the people around here say "Evanjelion". But I saw trailers where the Americans said "Evanguelion".

7. Malshabek

Oct 10, 2002
    I say it either way.
    Whichever way comes out of my mouth first. :p

I'm not sure which is the right way though...

8. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Well, considering it is Greek: E(with a soft e sound like one would find in "special")-van-gel(hard G)-ion.

9. Malshabek

Oct 10, 2002
    Does anyone have a favorite quote from the series? :p

Mine would have to be Shinji in End of Eva (dubbed version).

"I'm so ****** up."

Makes me laugh everytime I hear him say that. [face_laugh]

10. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Any of the thermal expansion lines, Rei's poem from 14, the whole ending after the AU in 26, The subbed AU, Rei coming out of the shower, Shinji getting Rei to smile.

My favorite lines come from those scenes.

11. Malshabek

Oct 10, 2002
    Those are all good choices, but IMO you just can't beat that line I quoted! [face_laugh]

It pretty much sums up the entire series in that one little blurb.

12. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002
    Kaji:"So, Misato is still good in bed?" :D This from one of my favourite episodes( 8th- Asuka Strikes)

13. Eva_Pilot04

Eva_Pilot04 Jedi Knight star 7

Nov 15, 2001
    The quote sums up Shinji pretty well too (at least in the movie) [face_plain].

:p

Also, which is everyone's favorite Eva?

Mine's a tie between:

[image=http://home.earthlink.net/~slayers99/images/evas/unit03.jpg] and [image=http://www.jaganzoku.com/Anime/Eva/Images/eva00.jpg]

»Who dares wins«

14. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I'm the same way. It is a tie between 00 and 03, with 02 coming in at a close third. But I love them all.

15. Malshabek

Oct 10, 2002
    I still like Unit 02 the most. :D

16. Lord_Fett

Feb 14, 2002
    I like them all. EVA-02 is my favourite, but it's a close call. I would love to see EVA-04 in battle.

17. Malshabek

Oct 10, 2002
    I keep hearing people say they'd like to see Unit 04 in battle but I really don't see the thrill in that particular Eva. :p

I mean sure, it looks cool and all but...

I'd personally like to see Unit 02 colored black. :D

Waitaminute... *goes into Photoshop* :D

18. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    Did we ever actually see Unit 04? I thought it had been destroyed before we even got to see it.

19. Malshabek

Oct 10, 2002
    Yeah I think Unit 04 was the one we saw.

I think it was Unit 03 that was destroyed along with an entire branch of Nerv in the U.S.

20. BartSimpson-SithLord

Jan 24, 2002
    I just googled it. Unit 04 we saw briefly, it looked like Unit 03 except that it was white. It was the first to use an internal S2 engine. The S2 engine apparenlty malfunctioned and wiped out the U.S. NERV HQ.

As for the actual Units we do see. One theory on why we only see four main Evas is that they are to symbolize the four guardians of Hell: A cyclops, a horned beast, a four eyed beast, and a black beast.

21. Malshabek

Oct 10, 2002
    The four horsemen...

I love these biblical parrallels they throw in there. :D

22. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Bah, Yui-sama and her pretty purple fortified armour rock my world.

[face_love] 8-}

And just in case anybody didn't know, there is a website dedicated to info on LAEM (Live Action Evagelion Movie). It has lots of concept paintings by WETA.

trivialbeing.net

BTW, Have any of you watched the interview with Richard Taylor and Ben Wooten of WETA design? It's pretty scary how they have been intrusted to design for a world they obviously don't have a clue about and can't even pronounce. They even mispronounce "Gundam" as "GOON-DUM."

23. HumanJedi_024

HumanJedi_024 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    This is easily my favorite anime of all-time!!!

I read a review about the series a few years back and it piqued my interest. So, I cautiously bought the first DVD and soon after viewing it, went out and bought the rest of the series (this was before the boxed set).

Spoilers below!!!

My favorite character is, without-a-doubt, Misato. I love that she is so unlady-like with her beer, horrible cooking and messy apartment and Shinji is the only one who knows the truth. Toji and Kensuke have this huge crush on her and Shinji's just like 'if you only knew'.

My favorite EVA is Unit 01. After the second episode where it 'came back to life' and put a beating on Sachiel (the first Angel to appear in the series, but known as the third Angel after Adam and Lilith), I was a fan for life. That was so awesome!

I love the comedic moments as well. Pen-Pen is always good for a laugh but the funniest scene for me was when Misato and Kaji are in an elevator and they're kissing and the door opens and there stands Ritsuko who mutters 'sex fiend' and then the door closes.

[face_laugh]

24. SexyStarWarschic

SexyStarWarschic Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 19, 2002
    It's all about Tri-Gun! he he he! everyone says I'm like the female version of vash with longer hair, a better body, and I'm way shorter! ;)

25. Malshabek

Oct 10, 2002
    It's all about Tri-Gun! he he he! everyone says I'm like the female version of vash with longer hair, a better body, and I'm way shorter!

Well at least you're not like Milly or Meril. :p

People often say that I could pull off a decent Vash if I wanted to.
    I dont though. :p

So far I own the box sets of Bebop, Trigun, and NGE...

And my bank account shows it... :(