main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

So NV Netflix vs. Blockbuster

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Talon_Wolfe, Aug 29, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002
    Blockbuster has a similar deal, plus you can rent two movies per month at any blockbuster store (for when you didn't plan ahead to get what you want through the mail...)

Plus it's $2 cheaper.

What do you think, do you see any downsides...?

Also, have you ever rented from Netflix and what you want is also what everyone else wants (like a popular new release)? if so, what happens then, is your rental delayed, or do they ALWAYS have enough to go around?

2. Petra_Blakkwing

Petra_Blakkwing Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 1, 2002
    Blockbuster sucks.....it's all about Hollywood Video if you want to go to the store.......much better selection, more bonuses, all the movies are 5 day rentals...and they have obscure older movies.....i hate blockbuster....netflix sounds cool though.....

3. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    Agree with Petra, I do. The way to go, Hollywood Video is, if traditional renting you desire. Much better, Netflix is, for the serious renter.

4. Talon_Wolfe

Talon_Wolfe Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 8, 2002

They have a home delivery service just like Netflix, and also state that they have over 25000 movies just like Netflix.

I am wondering if they are as good as Netflix, but I guess none of you would know that. I think I will go with them. I will let you know if it sucks.

5. MoronDude

MoronDude Jedi Knight star 6

Nov 1, 2000
    After checking out that website, it's 2 bucks cheaper than Netflix, and it offers 2 in store rentals for free... and that's cool. Under other circumstances, I might quit Neflix and go with them, but I've rated over 900 movies on Netflix, so I'd hate for all the work to go to waste.

6. Luminara_Jade

Luminara_Jade Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2004
    blockbuster is cheaper for "by the game" rental than hollywood video is...but then blockbuster sucks...soooo...let me know how netflix is wit the video games.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.