main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Netflix's Lost In Space remake series

Discussion in 'Community' started by DantheJedi, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    Lost in Space was one of the first scifi shows I saw back in Pakistan. The movie was....not great, but I didn't think it was terrible. This is going to bring back memories.

2. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I can't tell which is worse, Lost in Space the movie or Nostalgia Critic's voice.

3. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    Dunno maybe I was just the right age for it at the time but I don't have negative associations with that movie at all. Not strongly positive ones either just like, "well, that was fun."

Missa ab iPhona mea est.

4. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    Well, the series at its heart was a family TV show. I doubt it will turn into a version of BSG where everyone is a cylon or had a very high risk of dying.

5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Wasn't Stargate Universe bad?

6. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    Depends on at which point you're talking about. The first season was slow, like painfully slow, and didn't really pick up until almost the end of the season. The second season was actually much more interesting. However, but the time the second season rolled around the show had lost a substantial amount of viewership. The show had a lot of problems, some of which was casting related IMO and just overall pacing of the show. I think the first season was pretty bad as the season mostly just dealt with them learning to survive and adjust to life on the ship which simply just took too long.

Some of the issue with SGU for a lot of fans of the franchise was that it was simply just a huge departure from SG1 and SGA. Instead of going to new and interesting places and having not only a episodic story but also a season long arc, it was much more of a slow burn and most of what happened in the episodes (relationships and events) build on each other over the season so picking it up at any one individual point became a little more difficult.

7. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    Ummm...just saw the Gods Of Egypt trailer. The very one written by Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless.

Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless are the show runners for the upcoming Lost In Space series, yeah?

8. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Right, which is why I think the Doctor Who treatment would be the right one. Something that is modern and has appeal for grown ups, but which is also appropriate to watch with kids. I think it's especially fitting for Lost in Space since, you know, it's about a family with kids.

jabberwalkie likes this.
  9. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
  10. Diggy

Diggy Chosen One star 8

Feb 27, 2013
    Very nice.

11. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    I had wondered what happened to Party of Five/Lost in Space's Lacy Chabert, but I see she has found a niche as a cartoon voice actress and annual Hallmark Channel Christmas movie star.

"It's a living."

12. jabberwalkie

Dec 2, 2014
    I'm wondering if she is going to come back and voice Zantana Zatara for the recently announced season 3 of Young Justice.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011

The last time I saw her she was trying to make "fetch" happen.

14. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    This is out now. I only watched the first episode and it was decent enough that I might watch the others if I'm bored.

15. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    I liked the first episode I will give this a look see!

Master_Rebado likes this.
  16. Master_Rebado

Master_Rebado Chosen One star 6

May 31, 2004

Same here.

Iron_lord and Leoluca Randisi like this.
  17. Leoluca Randisi

Leoluca Randisi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 24, 2014
    it kind of felt like if Ridley Scott's The Martian and Star Wars had a baby!

18. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    I've seen the first two episodes. Meh. Curiosity about Robot's origin and "Dr Smith's" backstory will probably keep me around for another episode or two, but if it doesn't get more fun, I'm out.

19. Jedi Daniel

Jedi Daniel Chosen One star 5

Apr 7, 2000
    Really enjoyed the first two episodes. It's just enough mix of the original and the movie which I both like. Glad they kept the basic ship design of the Jupiter 2. The music was very Alien (1979) I thought.

20. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Seen 3 & 4. Dr Smith's backstory wasn't that interesting IMO. I like Don West; he has more personality than most of the regulars.

21. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Finished the show last night and really enjoyed it.

22. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I watched it all in a marathon binge and really enjoyed it as well. I look forward to the next series.

23. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    My son finished the whole series and really enjoyed it. I’m starting it after I finish season 2 of Jessica Jones. Glad to see it seems to be getting positive reviews.

24. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    Saw 5 & 6. A lot of it drags IMO, but there's enough interesting stuff sprinkled in that I haven't bailed yet.

25. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
    Flawless visual effects, appealing cast, and a bottomless supply of stupid. Dr. Smith character is too dumb for evil. Destroy everything first. Find out what's going on later. Good plan unless you want to live.

tom and Sarge like this.