main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Marvel's The Punisher

Discussion in 'Community' started by DebonaireNerd, Apr 29, 2016.

1. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    It's happening:

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/04/29/punisher-marvel-netflix

Yes, Jon Bernthal in the role.

I loved Jon's Punisher...but we now have Daredevil,Jessica Jones, Luke Cage, Iron Fist, and Punisher. In the space of two years we have more spin-offs than CSI or Star Trek. Not to mention The Defenders in 2017.

2. Rylo Ken

Rylo Ken Force Ghost star 7

Dec 19, 2015
  3. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Man who even cares about all of those other spin-offs? We've got some mother****ing Frank now.

I hope he will do Frank things, like punch innocent animals
    [​IMG]

or fire rocket launchers at opponents less than four feet away
    [​IMG]

or introduce us to the joys of a Frank that shoots Franks.
    [​IMG]

Frank.

4. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012

I see Peter Macnicol in that role.

Ramza likes this.
  5. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Not too surprising. I'm kinda hoping it'll be its own thing and not mean Frank will be a Defender. I'd rather Marvel Studios start just doing more one-off shows for a bunch of different heroes and then maybe include them in Infinity War or something.

6. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    There should be coffee called Franka. Frankaccino.

7. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    Daredevil Season 2 is essentially Punisher Season 1. So....we're getting even more character establishment in its first year?

8. Darth Nave

Darth Nave Jedi Master star 4

Dec 27, 2015
    Punisher is one of my top five favorite comic book characters, so I'm obviously extremely happy.

DD Season 2 even sort of planted the seeds for this. One of the Irish guys Frank blew up in the beginning was Finn Cooley, a villain from the MAX comics by Garth Ennis who gets his face blown off and goes after Frank for revenge. So he should definitely be one of the villains.

I also hope that they team him up with/pit him against another character, like maybe Moon Knight. IMO Punisher is at his best when he's interacting with the rest of the Marvel universe when waging his war on crime.

I'm also really curious to see who they'll get to play Microchip. John Goodman would be my personal choice.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  9. cubman987

cubman987 Friendly Neighborhood Saga/Music/Fun & Games Mod star 7 Staff Member Manager

Nov 7, 2014
    This was like the least surprising news ever, but seriously looking forward to to it, Bernthal was fantastic and pretty much everything about the Punisher was perfect in DD season 2.

10. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    so long as there's still room on Netflix for quality programming like the Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt.

kidding. I'd take 40 more Marvel shows over that.

11. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
  12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    Reminds me of hobo Superman in Man of Steel.

I'm so happy that Netflix is moving forward with a Punisher series and making in the same mold as Death Wish.

13. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
    Does this end with Disney buying Netflix I wonder.

14. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    What's the big deal? I bought Netflix for $7.99 a month.

TX-20 and Ender Sai like this.
  15. Rylo Ken

Dec 19, 2015
  16. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    Iron Fist is different. He's going to be in Defenders. I don't think Frank will get along with The Defenders so he might be on his own.

With Defenders, Jessica Jones s2, Daredevil S3, Punisher S1 and Iron Fist all confirmed you'd figure Netflix is going to have to move from 2 a year to at least 3 a year.

17. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    If they count The Defenders separately as a miniseries event like it was announced as, then we might just see them stick to 2 full shows a year plus this one mini.

That's let them do DD S3 & JJ S2 in 2018, with IF, Defenders & Punisher for 2017.

18. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    ‘Punisher’ Series Casts Key Roles as Filming Gets Underway in NYC; 2017 Release Confirmed

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  19. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    "Barnes will be playing Frank Castle's ally Billy Russo..."

Oh ok, so Punisher and Jigsaw are chums now?

20. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    More casting info: http://www.darkhorizons.com/five-more-join-the-punisher-cast/

"Five more name have joined the cast of Marvel and Netflix’s “The Punisher” TV series whih is currently in production in New York City.

Joining the fray are Daniel Webber (“11.22.63”) as Lewis Walcott, a young veteran who has had a difficult time re-assimilating into society; Jason R. Moore (“A Lonely Place for Dying”) as Curtis Hoyle, a friend of Frank Castle’s and one of the few people who knows he is alive; Paul Schulze (“Nurse Jackie”) as Rawlins, a high-ranking member of the CIA whose operations in Afghanistan intersect with Frank Castle; Jaime Ray Newman (“Bates Motel”) as Sarah Lieberman, Micro’s wife whose marriage has made her life far more complicated; and Michael Nathanson (“The Knick”) as Sam Stein, a Homeland agent who is challenged by his partnership with Dinah Madani (Amber Rose Revah).

Two of these characters, Curtis Hoyle and Rawlins, can be found in the pages of “Punisher” comics, the other three being new creations for the series."

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Cast photo:

[​IMG]

cerealbox likes this.
  23. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000

[​IMG]

The2ndQuest and BigAl6ft6 like this.
  24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    That's pretty sweet. Man, I keep forgetting this one is on the near horizon what with everything else hitting soon.

25. DebonaireNerd

Nov 9, 2012
    I'm surprised we haven't seen more promotional material. But, I guess Netflix needed to focus on Iron Fist to maximise appeal for The Defenders. Then there's The Defenders. I wonder if we'll have a year where all five characters have a season each in same twelve month block.