main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Neti in TCW

Discussion in 'Literature' started by General Immodet, Mar 15, 2013.

1. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    A couple of days ago, I was watching the extra material of TCW which was made public after they announced TCW would not be broadcasted again.

Are those Jedi who are fighting with Anakin against the Separatists Neti?
    They most certainly look a bit like Neti. Otherwise, it is also possible they are Elomin or some species we have not seen before.

Thoughts!

2. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    For a moment, I thought they resembled the Fosh - Vergere's species. Thankfully, these two Jedi lack beaks. That's all we need. TCW's causing enough of a mess in continuity. We don't need Pollos Locos on TCW.

DarthRelaxus and General Immodet like this.
  3. MistrX

MistrX Jedi Master star 4

Jun 20, 2006
    I figured they might be some kind of Nautolan variant. Like Aqualish or Nikto.

General Immodet likes this.
  4. Havac

Havac Former Moderator star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 29, 2005
    They're Duros.

5. Grand Admiral Paxis

Grand Admiral Paxis Jedi Master star 3

Sep 2, 2012
    At first I thought they were just female Nautolans. Then I just assumed they were Ho'Din and forgot about it. It's entirely within the realm of possibility that they're Neti, and it would be really cool if they are, but given TCW's penchant for introducing new species it's pretty likely that they're something new entirely.

6. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    i thought Neti were like all slow and rooted to the ground most of the time

7. Arrian

Arrian Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 15, 2011
    In case anyone hasn't seen the characters:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

8. RC-1991

RC-1991 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 2, 2009
    Like MistrX, I get more of a Nautolan vibe from the secon done. Note also that #2 has a distinct nose, unlike T'ra Saa.

[​IMG]

Note that both cases appear to be female, and as such if they are both Neti should have similar morphology.

The plumage on #1 seems wrong for a Fosh, but admittedly we only have one known example, unless you count the example from the NEGTAS as other than a new Vergere illustration.

9. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    Not necessarily. After all, the natural form of the Neti is a tree. It is just that younger ones are shapeshifters, and can choose what they look like.

After all T'ra Saa looked very different than Ood Bnar:
    [​IMG]

Truth be told, their differences are a problem anyway - while some species are morphologically diverse, sisters should look about the same, barring some biological quirk that I can't think of at the moment. Them belonging to a shapeshifting race like the Neti would actually explain that a fair bit.

10. General Immodet

General Immodet Jedi Master star 5

Dec 5, 2012
    Hmm, so far we have got Nautolan, Fosh and Neti being mentioned. It all sounds very interesing to me...
    Of course, it also possible they are halfbloods.
    We probably will never know what species the sisters really are. A pity...
    If they were indeed Fosh, Nautolan or Neti, it could be a nice reference to the broader EU.

11. FatSmel

FatSmel Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 23, 2012
    Seems most likely they were intended to be a new species

12. Zorrixor

Zorrixor Chosen One star 6

Sep 8, 2004
    We've seen Twi'lek hybrids before, so maybe this time some swamp troopers did a little bit too much tree hugging.

RC-1991 and General Immodet like this.