main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit NEU Lit/Comic elements which have made it into TV/Films?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by HEDGESMFG, Jan 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HEDGESMFG

HEDGESMFG Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 20, 2010
    So this is something I've been wondering, and I wanted to tap the great minds here to see what you've noticed.

So we've had new novels/marvel publications for a little over 2 years now. Quite a bit of canon lit content has been created, and collaboration has been a big part of the story group. We're starting to get a better idea of just what this "NuCanon" world looks like.

Much of it is still similar to what we knew, Rebels and even Rogue One have cherrypicked literally dozens of EU planets, elements technology, organizations, and even characters to add back into the new canon. Even Rogue one added elements like the Hammerhead ships in a major role. Clone Wars was already doing a ton of this during development (micro series characters/ships, planets, ancient mandos, EU species, and much more), but back then we were debating how this overwrote existing canon rather than how it would re-canonize already overwritten elements. Not to mention that Lucasfilm themselves had not yet made up their mind on that decision until around the time of the Netflix Season 6 airing.

In fact, Lit/Comic EU has been appearing in the films ever since the Special Editions.

But what about characters/species/worlds/ideas specifically written in the new novels/comics? Things which weren't in the EU but are new to the "Story Group" produced novels/comics only? People like Aphra, Rae Sloane, new planets or exclusive species?

What NEW ideas have been adapted into film/television? Particularly those which weren't already planned to be in them?

I know Rogue One has things like Saw, but that's mostly an animated to live action cameo (pretty cool, but not quite what I'm talking about). What about Lit/Comic to small screen/big screen? Has there been ANYTHING so far that's made the jump?

I'd love to see people's thoughts on this subject? Do you think that given time, new canon novels will notably impact or inspire the films/television? Or will this be like the Marvel TV shows which seem to never impact the MCU films, despite the reverse happening repeatedly?

Give me your thoughts, lit.

Great topic but we'll keep it to the existing thread Taalcon linked, below.

2. Taalcon

Taalcon Chosen One star 4

Jul 12, 1998
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.