main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Never Alone (L/M AU - SJRS challenge responce)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Briannakin , Apr 21, 2013.

1. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Title: Never Alone
    Author: Briannakin
    Timeframe: New Republic era
    Characters: Luke Skywalker and Mara Jade
    Genre: Angst, romance
    Notes: Written for the SJRS Postsecret challenge. This was the secret I got: http://i1095.photobucket.com/albums/i465/Briannakin/parents.jpeg. I kinda had to change it a bit.

My muse has been pretty MIA lately. I was hoping this would help it, but I really could only come up with this. I know Luke is a bit OOC in this, but the guy went through some major life issues after Callista, so that’s kinda the basis for Luke acting so emo.

“When I get my hands on you, Skywalker, I’m going to wrangle you until you scream for mercy,” Mara muttered as she stopped once more to empty her boot of sand. Luke Skywalker had gone missing a month ago – he had just vanished like a fart in the wind from his Jedi Academy. His sister had employed Mara to find him.

Mara had first gone to the Jedi Academy – the last sighting of the elusive man. There she had found out that Luke had been acting strangely – Cilghal had described it in hindsight had depression. She had followed Luke’s trail here to Tatooine. She had traced him back to some old shabby hut where she had found Aretoo-Detoo, who said Luke could be found at the top of this mountain.

Mara honestly had no idea what she was going to say to Luke once she did find him, but when she did she was going to drag him back home and let Leia deal with his issues.

After another hour of searching and climbing, she found him, sitting on a rock, staring out at the suns. She was about to call out to him when he welcomed her, not turning around.

“Of all people, Leia sends you.”

“What’s wrong with me?” she asked sitting down with him. “And how do know Leia sent me?”

He turned and looked at her. “I know you. You wouldn’t have noticed that I was missing. No one noticed.”

“Oh come on. Everyone at the academy noticed you were gone.” She really wasn’t the synthetic ear he needed right now. “Come on, let’s go back, I’ll even stay a while.”

“No.” He shook his head. “I don’t want to go back just yet.” Mara felt a rant coming on. “Because that’s all I have. That’s all I’ll ever have.” He sighed. “Callie left me and Leia had her own life. And you always stay ‘a while.’ You know, I’d give anything to meet my real parents. But my mother died and, well, you knew my father better than I did. My adopted parents – my Aunt Beru and Uncle Owen – are no longer living. I’m so alone and always will be.”

Mara sighed. “Luke, don’t sat that just because that worthless Callista left you and that dumb broad Akananananah used you. I thought you were over her. That was years ago.”

“I am. But her leaving me made me realize that everyone will always leave me: Gaeriel… Callista… Akanah… you.”

“Me?”

“Yes, you.”

“Guess what Luke, you’ve lost a lot of people who you have loved. That sucks. That kriffing sucks, but you know what sucks more?”

“What?”

“Not having anyone love you, ever. No one knows who my parents were, I never got the blessing of being adopted and the closest kriffing thing I’ve ever gotten to the feeling of being loved was when you gave me that damned lightsaber. I thought you wanted to start something back then, but I was so wrong. I don’t even know why I came here to get you,” she huffed, standing up.

“Mara, please stay.”

She spun on her heal and starred at him. “You’re just being emotional. Why should I?”

“Because I love you.”

Mara was speechless.

“Forgive me for not realizing it until now,” he muttered, both to her and himself.

“So, now what?” she asked.

“Do you love me?”

“I don’t know.”

“Well then. I guess I have some wooing to do. Ever been to the hanging gardens of Naboo?”

“No. I can’t say I have.”

“Well then. Let’s go.”

And from that day on they were never alone. Neither had parents or adopted parents, but they had each-other until they became parents themselves.

Gemma and Lady_Misty like this.
  2. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    Very nice! =D=

Lady_Misty likes this.
  3. Hazel

Hazel Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2010
    Aww, Luke needs a hug [:D] It's a good thing Mara went after him of he'd get it from the sand people. :p

Lady_Misty likes this.
  4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Yum! :D I did love that. I like that Mara was there, and that Luke realized that he loved her. Did all along, since at least Wayland, you knucklehead. :p If not before. [face_laugh] Hanging gardens of Naboo - sound nice, and romantic. Woot, did love the title. =D=

Lady_Misty likes this.
  5. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Luke's right that Mara knew his father better than he did.

Good for Mara; knocking some sense into her Farm Boy. :)

Seeing the Hanging Gardens of Naboo sounds fun. :)

6. ginchy

ginchy Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 25, 2005
    hahahahaha Mara and sympathy don't always go so well together. But she is the swift kick in the butt that Luke needs. I like how Luke just makes declarations without any prompting. At least they weren't on the verge of death here!!

Jade_eyes likes this.
  7. mayo_durron_666

mayo_durron_666 Jedi Grand Master star 2

Nov 26, 2005
    Thought that bit was very poignant! Nice writing!:)

8. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    Aww... [face_love]

Everyone gets down sometimes, even Luke Skywalker and I love this look at him being that way.
    I hope your muse returns to you soon!

=D=