main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Never been to a meet

Discussion in 'Archive: Boston, MA' started by Jedi_Knight150, Jul 27, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Knight150

Jedi_Knight150 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 26, 2002
    I've never been to one of the meets before. I don't think I've ever even met someone who is as interested in Star Wars as I am. It actually got me deemed as the "weird kid" of my grade. That's still following me around even though I'm in tenth grade! Plus my parents are a little over protective. They don't like me doing anything they consider "weird". When I asked my mom if i could get a temporary padawan braid she freaked out... :(

2. MaraJade75

MaraJade75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2002
    it's alright...sometimes people just don't understand the passion for star wars. that's why it's so exciting to meet people who share this interest. it may seem like we are few and far between but in reality we're everywhere kinda like the bubonic plague...
    high school is also a rough time. there are a lot of expectations of what a kid in high school is supposed to be like and when people don't match expectations they're considered odd. I had a great set of friends in high school but they still found my interest in star wars bizarre. they liked to express their disapproval by shaking their heads in a sad "how can we save her from herself" type of way this happened a lot when I brought up my goal of finding an orange flightsuit...(oh yes, it will be mine!....)
    there's a lot less pressure once you get out of high school...you'll find that people have more varied likes and dislikes which makes for far more interesting friends too and plus by that time you have the much coveted independence which allows you to have a padawan braid if you feel like it. stay with it [face_clown]

3. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    That's alot of typing.

4. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    JediKnight150, if you only knew how interested we all are in Star Wars... ;) Hopefully your parents will let you come to a meet, if they're as overprotective as they sound. To that end, you can just follow the "Preparations for Meet #15" thread--the next meet is about three or four weeks off. If your hair's long enough, p'raps we'll make a Padawan braid for ya. ;)

IF YOU ONLY KNEW THE POWER OF THE SOX SIDE!!!! When we start quoting the movies verbatim, you'll see what I mean. [face_devil]

5. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I'm sure my hair is long enough for the braid it's past shoulder-length. my parents may let me come to a meet if they know it's safe.

6. kowikan_monkey

kowikan_monkey Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 2, 2001
    MaraJade75, that's quite true. i also have a good number of friends who consider me a little "weird". but all you can do is grin and Bear it.

7. Grand Admiral Reese

Grand Admiral Reese Jedi Knight star 6

Sep 1, 1999
    Bring them along. The one meet TIEace made it to, he brought is dad(though I never actually saw him, and he described him as being like a Noghri), and the 12 year olds brought one of their fathers. If they're concerned, they should come along to find out who we are in person. Always better that way.

8. TIEace

TIEace Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 27, 2000
    Eric, I didn't exactly bring my dad. He drove me there, and followed me in. :D Yeah, Dave described him as a sniper, but then I said he was probably right behind us, although we didn't know it...'cause he's a Noghri. :)

9. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    OMG, he's right behind me as we speak! :p

Just to let you know Jedi_Knight150- meets are not safe and your parents are right not to let you go. We are all insane and you'll probably end up dead or seriously injured. If you do go be sure to bring ID with you so your body can be identified. [face_plain]

:p okay so they are safe and you'll be fine. I just find newbs scary so I try scaring them. Does anyone else find newbies scary? I don't know what it is...

Well anyhow- we are all obsessed with SW. Sebulba knows all the voices, Eric and I have the combined knowledge of a SW Enyclopedia, etc.
    And yes, we have considered doing weird things like getting Padawan braids too. I had a 70s hair doo for a while and wanted it that way cause I was convinced i looked like Han from ANH. Of course I didn't and I was ashamed of myself so I cut it all off. :p

okay, I'm going back to bed now...

10. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    For the record..

I have never wanted a padawan braid!!

Stormtrooper armor for me please!!

11. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Actually, Dave, me and you combined is more of a general SF Encyclopedia. ;)

12. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    So what's my special power, Dave?

13. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    You can imbibe immense amounts of alchohol. ;)

14. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    I'm the Jedi out of everybody. Honorable, patient, virtuous...that's me.

//tries hard to hold back immense laughter

I also know much about Star Wars, although not nearly as much as Dave OR Eric!

//is envious

;) :p :D

15. Darth Dowe

Darth Dowe Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 1999
    You can imbibe immense amounts of [sic] alchohol. ;)

Gee, how did I know this would come up? :) I am NOT a lush! :D

16. MaraJade75

MaraJade75 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 24, 2002
    how am I scary in any way? newbies scary? pah! that's just a whole lot of bantha poodoo.

you know one day or another we should have a star wars trivia contest to see who really is the master out of all of us.

17. TK7771

TK7771 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    Gee, how did I know this would come up? I am NOT a lush!

Denial is the first sign 8-}

But Tony is still a newbie when it comes to drinking.He has much to learn!!

18. Theedage

Theedage Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 15, 2001
    Meets are the worst possible thing you could submit yourself to.

You do not want to go.

I went once and was bombarded by blasphemous people who thought Vader was better than Fett. ALSO, they thought Pellaeon was a USEFUL character, now I ask you, would you submit yourself to that type of nonsense?

19. Pellaeon69187

Pellaeon69187 Jedi Master star 5

Dec 28, 2000
    And we are all glad you don't go to meets anymore, Ed ;)

20. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    I know a lot of Star Wars info but I get it mostly from the books I have read and the Databank on StarWars.com. Also I'm not sure if I would actually be able to have fun at a meet, yu guys sound a lot older then me. I mean, I don't even think about drinking. Also it's embarassing being the newbie.

21. Grand Admiral Reese

Sep 1, 1999
    Tony's just turned 21, so he likes to indulge in it. ;) We then heckle him for it.

22. TIEace

Nov 27, 2000
    Jedi_Knight150: I'm 15. I still have 6 years to go before I can join Roy and Tony. :D

23. idarii

idarii Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 25, 2002
    aw Jedi_Knight150 come to the duck tours, we can be newbies together

and might i add i'm not scary either :p

24. Jedi_Knight150

Jul 26, 2002
    Thanks idarii. I'll see if I can come to the meet. I have to ask my parents about the tickets though, since I got my credit card taken away after I went on a bit of a shopping spree.

25. Sunrider727

Sunrider727 Jedi Youngling

Jul 22, 2002
    It'l prolly be a while 'til I can make it to a meet, at least not until school starts... I have no real way to get there! (I'm 18, I have a car but no liscence - is there a worse fate?!) Oh, and I don't think I'm scary either, just a little quiet and shy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.