main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Never Begun, Already Finished (Obi-Wan, Dark AU) Updated 6-15

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by sheleigh, Jun 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sheleigh

sheleigh Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 31, 2002
    Title: Never Begun, Already Finished
    Author: Sheleigh
    Summary: An alternate view of the GFFA. Based during The Saga, but ignore Canon.
    Disclaimer: I don?t own them; I just toy around and deliver them? mostly intact.
    Author?s notes: This is a repost, newly edited and fully completed. I always enjoyed this story, but looking back realized that more could be done with it. Enjoy.

The sleek form of a fighter moved through the room, silent and graceful. Sweat soaked ginger hair glistened in the mute light of the vast chamber, as Obi-Wan Kenobi set himself through kata after kata, never stopping, simply obeying. He paused momentarily, after the completion of one, and immediately launched into another. The glow of the Force hummed around him, a constant presence.

Obi-Wan had been working on this particular group of exercises for hours now, and though he was tired did not consider stopping until his task was finished. Again he launched into another kata, each becoming more difficult and dangerous than the one before.

The door to the chamber opened to admit Qui-Gon Jinn, Master to Obi-Wan Kenobi. Obi-Wan paused mid movement upon sensing his Master?s presence, and held himself perfectly still. Jinn walked over to Obi-Wan, circled him once. The Master?s stern blue eyes assessed his Padawan?s stance critically, before telling Obi-Wan to continue the kata. Obi-Wan did, stopping again at the end of the kata, holding himself in the ending position, while his Master again checked his stance. Satisfied, Qui-Gon motioned for Obi-Wan to follow, effectively ending the uncompleted lesson.

Obi-Wan followed his Master, uncertain why he had stopped the assigned lesson. His Master led him back to their quarters where he then motioned for Obi-Wan to sit down. Qui-Gon paused, thinking, than sat across from his apprentice. Obi-Wan watched the man mutely, not questioning the situation.

?You are being released from the Order.? The phrase, so emotionlessly spoken, shattered the heavy
    silence that had settled upon the room. Obi-Wan looked at his Master, face blank of emotion.

?When am I being made to leave??

?After a formal dismissal by the High Council.? Obi-Wan nodded, waiting to see if Qui-Gon would say more. ?You are dismissed.? Again, Obi-Wan nodded, then stood, bowed towards his Master, and walked silently towards his small room.

After reaching his achieved destination, Obi-Wan shrugged out of his robe, allowing it to drop to the floor. The young man sat on the sleep couch, looking around his small room, already considering what to pack and what to leave.

Obi-Wan quietly crept through the halls of the temple, before reaching a small doorway. He slipped in, breathed a sigh of relief, and walked over to the single fountain that occupied the small meditation chamber. Obi-Wan knelt in the thick grass, and settled down to begin meditation.

?Feel better, do you?? Even as Obi-Wan came out of meditation, the oldest of the Jedi Council spoke.

?Yes, Master.?

?Refreshed, you are. Good this is, for needed it will be, when face the High Council you do.? Obi-Wan stiffened, having expected this line of conversation. ?Have questions, I sense.?

?Yes, Master.?

?Ask, and answer them, I will.?

?Why?? Yoda hobbled over from where he had been standing, coming to rest at the young Jedi?s knees.

?A bond, the council and Master Jinn felt, you were not forming. Too old are you to be given to another Master. So dismiss you they did. Sorry, I am.? A sad sigh escaped the Jedi Master. ?At twelve noon tomorrow will the ceremony take place. All Jedi in the area, present shall they be.? Though he physically showed nothing, Obi-Wan immediately cringed at the mention of the presence of other Jedi.

?A public ceremony, Master? To destroy what I am, or to help Master Qui-Gon Jinn??

?Request this ceremony, Qui-Gon did.?

Obi-Wan glanced at his chrono. The device read two hours. A small shudder passed through his body, as realization set in. Two hours. Two hours

2. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Whoa, interesting beginning. I'll definitely be following this one.

3. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    I remember this one

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    I can't wait to see what comes next! :D

5. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    Ishtar- Thank you! There should be mroe up late tonight. (pesky evening job)

PK- Really? You remember how it ends too? If so... bummer. Maybe I'll have to rewrite it so it won't be so predicatble. [face_devil]

Vadey- Hope you'll enjoy it :) Thanks for reviewing!

Thanks for the reviews.

sheleigh

6. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    i think i remember this one...maybe...can't really remember so it will mostly a surprise. :D

7. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    I can't remember the ending, so you are safe.

But I do remember MCK- long time, no see :)

8. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    MCK- Ahh... so you were lurking out there somewhere. Thanks, my friend. [:D]

PK- Yeah, its hard to forget her isn't it?

Enjoy.

It was once said the bond between a Master and Padawan was unbreakable- even in death. The pair would have devotion so deep towards each other, that the concept of betrayal was foreign. The Force would guide them, and make them stronger. They would be companions for life- a trusted pair to send on the most delicate of missions. Master could confide in apprentice, and apprentice in the Master. They were destined- from birth- to be together, though some may refuse this. They were for all purposes- family.

Qui-Gon Jinn slammed the data pad down, glowering at the offending device. Every piece of information he had found on the Master/Padawan pairing was the same- they were to be family. They were to trust. The Master was the parental figure. Nothing he found justified his dismissing former Padawan and ex-Jedi Obi-Wan Kenobi from his position as Padawan learner, and the order.

In a moment of irrationality and anger, Qui-Gon threw the data pad across the room, shattering an elegant crystal vase given to him as a gift from his former Padawan. Thoroughly enraged, Qui-Gon marched around the living quarters, grabbing anything that reminded him remotely of his former apprentice, and throwing it into the disposal.

?Angry, he is.? Yoda stamped his ever present gimer stick on the floor of the council chambers. The other councilors winced, noting the slightest hint of impatience in the Jedi Master?s voice. Silence fell over the vast chamber.

?Are you saying that Qui-Gon realizes that Obi-Wan is essential to the survival of the galaxy? Or that he is bitter and in denial of a mistake he made??

. ?Realizes, he does that he made a mistake. But reacting inappropriately he is. Seek our counsel he should, not justification for his mistake. Our mistake. But it matters not, anymore.?

Shock rippled through the High Counsel at the Master?s cryptic words.

?It does not matter, or it no longer concerns us, Master Yoda??

?Obi-Wan Kenobi will not return to the Jedi. Grave danger now shadows our order, and the survival of the Republic.?

Yoda nodded. ?Correct, Master Billaba is. A Jedi, Obi-Wan Kenobi was destined to be. A Jedi he will not become.?

The echo of the gimer stick on the floor remained much longer than Yoda- but still the council members sat.

Mace Windu strode, uninvited, into Qui-Gon?s quarters, and flopped himself into a chair.

?Hello, old friend.? Qui-Gon glared at the intruder, then turned his attention back towards the data pad grasped in his hand.

?Allow me to say that again. Hello, old friend. You and I- we need to have a chat.?

?I?m not interested, Mace. Please leave.?

?Nice try, Qui-Gon Jinn. But, I?m staying. And you will either get your head out of that data pad and listen to me willingly, or I will force you to listen to me.?

Anger flashed in Qui-Gon?s deep blue eyes, and he stood, his rage palpable.

?You burst into my quarters, and order me to do something? You are a very stupid man, Mace Windu! Now leave!?

?Control your temper, Master Jinn. Now- shut up, sit down and listen to me. And listen carefully, because you have managed to ruin a great deal in these past weeks.? Qui-Gon stuttered, confusion flashing over his features.

?What do you mean? How can I have ruined anything! The council has refused to send me on a mission- instead leaving me here
    to teach initiates ?saber play!?

?We have our reasons, Qui-Gon. And I assume you want to hear them?? A nod from Qui-Gon confirmed Mace?s suspicions, so he continued, ?Good, because I am here to explain these to you.? Mace stood, and drew himself to his full height.

?You have recently walked a very dangerous line. The anger we have sensed inside of you, and surrounding you has prevented us from sending you on a mission- this must be corrected. And as a Jedi Master you are expected to deal w

9. Master_Comedy_Kitty

Master_Comedy_Kitty Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 5, 2002
    :eek:! I feel so loved!!!

Great chapter. Permission to call Qui-Gon buckethead without being shunned? :p Can't wait to see more! I'm sure Obi is going to be just fine and will prove everyone wrong.....or will go to the darkside, either way is good.

10. Obi-WansApprentice

Obi-WansApprentice Jedi Youngling

Jul 24, 2002
    Unfortunately, I don't remember this one, either...but, I'm intrigued!

The Council believes that Obi-Wan can save the Galaxy, but it and Qui-Gon Jinn have just released him from the Order. Just like Qui-Gon to have a hand in a decision that could destroy the Galaxy! Nice goin', Qui! *WHACK!* [face_beatup]

Did I hear a mention of Obi-Wan going to the Dark Side? Dark Obi? DARK OBI!? [face_thinking] o_O I'm intrigued.

Something's wrong. I'm not the Jedi I should be. I WANT MOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOORE!!!! :p

Hey, Sheleigh? You're going to be posting more, right? Sheleigh? Hello? *poke-poke* You're posting more, right? Right? *poke*

Obi-WansApprentice

11. PadawanKitara

Dec 31, 2001
    Uh Oh- someone gave OWA too much sugar this evening

12. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    What?? Qui-Gon, how can you do that?! And Yoda and Mace, you should watch over Obi-Wan if he's so important!

Very interesting and different. I can't believe Qui-Gon would just dismiss Obi-Wan like that. Nice job, though, I want to know what happens next :)

13. sheleigh

Jan 31, 2002
    MCK- you should know that calling him that has always been allowed... well atleast I don't mind much- he does have redeeming qualities, and may not be as bad as some people portray him... [face_laugh] thanks for reading [:D]

Obi'sApprentice- How much sugar have you had recently? EEK! And there may be a hint of Dark Obi-Wan... maybe. Yes I'm posting more! now quit poking... I've got a sunburn. :p

PK- I have to agree with you there...

Tigris- You'll find further explanation as it goes on... in fact this chapter just may offer more insight.

Enjoy all.

?The Jedi are becoming weaker, My Apprentice. Much weaker.? Sidious turned to his apprentice, Darth Maul, before continuing. ?Our time to reveal ourselves draws closer.?

Maul stood obediently before his Master, head bowed respectfully.

?Have you anything to say, Apprentice??

?How has the power shifted so suddenly, My Master?? Sidious allowed a sinister smile to spread.

?They let go of their beacon of light. If it weren?t for that one simple mistake?? Sidious turned knowing eyes towards his
    apprentice. ?No, we will soon make our presence known and the Jedi will do nothing to stop us.

The harsh buzzing of the comm woke Obi-Wan from his first dreamless sleep in over two weeks. He rolled over, instantly awake, and accepted the call. The holo filled with the familiar image of Master Yoda.

?Master?? Obi-Wan?s eyes widened in surprised confusion. Yoda looked at him calmly, his serenity almost infuriating.

?Sorry to wake you, I am. Urged me to contact you, the Force did.? Obi-Wan silently cocked his head to side, waiting for the
    aged Master to continue. ?Dark times approach, and at the center are you. Know this you do??

?Yes, Master.?

?Plague your dreams, they do. Visions they are.?

?Not possible, Master! That would mean the Jedi?? The slightest trace of anger shadowed Yoda?s face.

?Infallible the Jedi are not. True, your visions are. Meditate you should, calm you it can. Trust in the Force, you should. Guide you it will.?

?Yes, Master.? Yoda?s large eyes looked upon the former Jedi, compassion clear in their depths.

?May the Force be with you, young Kenobi.?

Obi-Wan lay back on his bed, relaxing then allowing slumber to take him. He dreamt.

The siege of the Jedi Temple had lasted weeks. Recently the forces of Emperor Palpatine had broken the Jedi, who were now viciously hunted throughout the galaxy. Palpatine?s apprentice killed the surviving Jedi ruthlessly and efficiently. Initiates were saved, their minds still easily influenced. Padawans, Knights and Masters were forced to duel the Sith lord, before he killed them.

Obi-Wan could feel the painful blows before they were killed. He felt each Jedi?s passing into the Force, and was unable to stop them. Again, the Saber flashed down, the crimson flash illuminating the killers face.

Obi-Wan woke, entangled in his sheets. He brought his hands swiftly to his forehead to wipe the perspiration from his face, before rubbing his temples with them. A headache throbbed behind his temples, as he calmed his racing mind. The face haunted his visions, and again he found himself ruthlessly squashing his reaction. A sigh escaped him, as Obi-Wan glanced at the chronometer sitting next to his bed, before standing and getting ready to face another lonely day.

Qui-Gon sat, staring at the pile of data pads scattered over the center table in the room. Try though he may, he hadn?t
    found the information he sought, and had long since given up.

A sudden image of Obi-Wan popped into his mind?s eye. The Master realized he had never seen him laugh or smile. Obi-Wan had
    been emotionless around his stoic Master, fulfilling his duty as a Padawan Learner perfectly, all the while not expecting
    anything in return from the Master.

The bond, which should have flourished between the two, had faltered, and eventually broken not because of Obi-Wan Kenobi, but because

14. Blueberrie

Blueberrie Jedi Youngling

May 30, 1999
    Eek, Obi-Wan's going to turn to the dark side? This is very interesting. So is the council going to try to make him become a Jedi again? And the Sith have plans for him, too... Wow, I can't wait to see what happens next!

15. Jedi_Tigris

Jedi_Tigris Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 7, 2005
    :eek: Yikes! Poor Obi-Wan, cast out and stuck in the middle. And having dreams and such so he can't rest either. Eeep! so the Sith want Obi-Wan, hope he doesn't turn! Hmm, if Yoda could contact Obi-Wan, maybe the Jedi can get to him first? Sounds like Qui-Gon is having doubts...maybe he'll go looking?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.