main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Never Fall In Love With a Stranger - An A/P AU, Mystery - Updated 6-3-10

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Gina, Apr 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMasterRev

JediMasterRev Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2004
    Very intense update, Gina. Loved the traded comments of strength between Padme and 'the stranger.' Seems his past is filled with mystery. I'm curious what it will take for her to finally get through to him. Nice update. Looking forward to more!

2. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    great update gina i hurt myself so i can only type with one hand. forgive the lack of punctuation.

i loved everything about this chappie.=D=

3. penpadme

penpadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    Awesome story and I am so intrigued.I really hope that the stranger is Anakin. I love a good mystery. Please if you don't mind, would you put me on your PM list? Thanks!

4. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    Even though I read this post before it was up, I loved reading it again!!!!!

It is just so perfect, but you already knew that I was going to say that! :p [:D]

Will she see him again? [face_thinking] ;)

5. JediArym

JediArym Jedi Master star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Loved the update! I would love it even more if we know for sure
    that this mysterious stranger is indeed Anakin. ;)

I hope Padme won't be discouraged to seek him out again. I think
    she's slowly having some kind of effect on him. Well, I'm hoping
    anyways... :p

6. Darth_Father-in-law

Darth_Father-in-law Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 17, 2005
    Again sorry that it took so long to reply, DRL is troubling me.

I loved the interaction between Padmé and the stranger. Stranger is so mysterious, and it seems that he actually would want to see Padmé, but he doesn't want to hurt her or bring troubles to her life. I loved Padmé, she was so different than in the movies. I would've wanted to see her as a more stronger character.

I'm sure the stranger is Anakin. :p

I just loved this update, and I hope you update soon again!

7. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    One of these days Padmé will find herself in more trouble then she can handle, well, she always does but still just wait and meanwhile I?m going to wait for a new update because right now I can?t wait for more.

Well, this was a wonderful update Gina, and like I said, I can?t wait for more so I hope that you will update soon because right now I?m just full of questions.

8. Anakin_Heartbreaker

Anakin_Heartbreaker Jedi Master star 4

Sep 24, 2004
    EVERYONE IS THINKING OR IS HOPING IT IS ANAKIN!!!!!!

If you've all read VERY carefully, GINA has very cleverly told you who it is...I am actually amazed at how she has done it.

But then again, everything she writes is magic covered in gold.

9. Gina

Gina Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 3, 2003
    randomangel22

Yes, finally they meet again! ;)

Glad you got your PM. :D Thanks for reading!

kennyboy

Oooohhh, that was scary, and i think he is dangerous.
    Padme needs to be careful.

Wise words. [face_devil]

Glad you liked the chapter!

leia_naberrie

So his eyes do work! And not just haunt dreams and try not to stare at well-cooked meals.

[face_laugh]

I hope Padmé doesn't stay away. This stranger with the beautiful eyes, hidden face, deadly body and dangerous past is just what the rather sheltered school teacher needs. But I think she already knows that.

Well, we know that, and yes, I suspect she does to. :p

naadi

I can't bear the suspense,I need to know who he is!!!!!!

Just a little longer. I promise. O:)

Thanks so much for reading!

anakin_luver

My heart aches for him too...

Mine does, too. *sniff* You know what, I think he needs a big hug. What do you think? The line starts behind me, ladies. [face_batting] [face_love]

I loved Padme in this! How she was so stubborn and you gotta love the muttering under the breath...I can just imagine her doing that. It's quite funny.

Glad you liked that. ;)

lady_sapphire

Thank you! :D

I'm glad you're enjoying the story, and I'll be happy to add you to the PM list.

Erised_Star

I hope Padme won't give up so easily and that she goes back to find him.

Oh, don't worry. Padme's much too stubborn to be dissauded that easily. ;)

Thanks for reading!

AnakinLuver

I am glad that Padme went to him, but I also felt the chills that she felt when she walked away...

Yes, she has no idea what she is walking into, but she's plunging headfirst into whatever it is. [face_worried]

And I feel for him, too. :(

Glad you enjoyed the update!

VA_Parky

Actually, it's 1802 Messy Hovel Way, but you were close. :p

Gosh, the chemistry between Padme and the stranger practically leaps off the page and gets me into a headlock - that's how powerful it is.

Awww! Thanks. @};-

I do hope that Padme will find herself back in his company sooner rather than later.

Well, it would make for an awfully boring story if she didn't. [face_batting]

Tally-Skywalker

Maybe next time he'll seek her

You never know... [face_whistling]

It really frustrated me though when he would not giver her his name, hehe.

I know! Isn't it annoying? O:) LOL!

Lieutenant_Jaina

No no no, stranger. Very unpolite of you to let her go like that *shakes head* Seriously, shame on you!

Yes, someone just isn't playing nicely with others. [face_shame_on_you] :p

I'm falling in love with their interaction, short as it is they have powerful chemistry. I love this story! Keep up the great work!

Thank you! [face_blush]

jedi_princess18

Well, I definitely don't think Padme will stay away now. The stranger has her totally intrigued. And whether he wants to admit it or not- Padme is starting to get under his skin. He'll want to see her again.

Oh, she's hooked, all right. And the stranger is intrigued by her as well. ;)

Thanks so much for reading! :D

jmsbndgrl

Maybe he is dangerous, but I like him.

So does Padme. [face_mischief]

Now we just have to work on those trust issues (and hope that he isn't dangerous).

LOL! Oh, yes. He has plenty of trust issues. As for the dangerous part... [face_whistling]

Across_The_Stars-24

Baby steps to earn trust.

Yes, she has to tread carefully here. Earning his trust is a slow process.

Glad you liked the chapter! :D

Daenarrah

Why does our "mysterious" stranger have to be so stubborn?!

*sigh* I know!

He's dangerous, huh? Somehow I don't see that mattering to Padmé.

I think it only adds to his intrigue, at least to Padme. [face_mischief]

Thanks f

10. rocketscientist

rocketscientist Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2005
    <peers over garden gate at everyone having fun> Can I play? [face_batting]

Anakin_heartbreaker's clue is going to get me to go over this VERY carefully! What a fascinating fic! Great tension between Padmé and 'the Stranger'.

=D=

11. CrazyAni

CrazyAni Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2006
    What an intense update, Gina! =D=

I loved it from first to the last word. :) Unfortunetely, this meeting didn't go well for our favourite couple - Padme still doesn't know anything about him, and he is doing a good job at rejecting her.

I wonder what lies in his past, and why does he think of himself as of creature? [face_thinking]

Sorry for my belated reply, but I was on vacation.

Looking forward to the next update!

CrazyAni

12. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    rocketscientist

Of course! The more the merrier. :D Welcome to the story. I'm glad you're enjoying it so far. [:D]

CrazyAni

Hi there! I hope you had a great vacation. :D

Unfortunetely, this meeting didn't go well for our favourite couple - Padme still doesn't know anything about him, and he is doing a good job at rejecting her.

Well, she's knows a little more about him, in a sense. ;)

Thanks again to everyone for reading. [:D] I hope to have a chance to post the next chapter within a couple days. :)

13. Galactic_Girl

Galactic_Girl Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2005
    I am with rocketscientist; Anakin_Heartbreaker is now making me crazy with the little "clue" bit! Of course, the Force has conspired against me and I somehow managed to smack my eyebow on something and now feel like I have a black eye, but I don't.

The pain. Ow. [face_beatup] Can't read the fine detail. Ow.

I did enjoy the interaction between Padme and the Stranger, however. :D Now if only we could push 'em in the right direction. ;)

Bravo, I am truly enoying this! =D=

14. Gina

Jun 3, 2003
    Galactic_Girl

Uh-oh. Hope you're feeling better. ;)

I did enjoy the interaction between Padme and the Stranger, however. Now if only we could push 'em in the right direction.

*sigh* I'm working on it, but these two can be soooo stubborn. [face_shame_on_you] :p

Thanks for reading! [:D]

Here's the next chapter.

[b]Chapter 6[/b]

[i]The forest is a familiar one, and I know what I must do.

With a sinking heart, I search for the tree that always serves as my shelter. I curl my body beneath its green canopy, his eyes looking on helplessly as we both await the inevitable.

"Why?" I ask as I stare up into the blue beacons that serve as my only moonlight in this netherworld of dreams.

He closes his eyes against my probing, and my moon is eclipsed, leaving me in darkness. Without his protective light to banish them, the shadow creatures emerge from their hiding places, eager to come out and play in the murky depths of the darkened forest. I hear their excited whispers as they close in around me, the predator surrounding its prey.

My heartbeat quickens, its thunder reverberating in my ears.

"Please, don't leave me," I cry out, but he does not answer. Instead, I hear a strangled sob emanating from above me as he begins to weep, his teardrops falling hard and fast. The resulting rain drenches my clothing, my flesh and the ground beneath me, yet it does not deter the encroaching demons from their promised reward.

The creatures' chattering grows louder now, and my only desire is that death will come quickly as I feel their icy fingertips begin to scrape against my flesh.

"Forgive me," he finally whispers. "But there is no other way."[/i]

She awoke with a start, her breathing ragged as she tried to free herself from the last remaining vestiges of her dream.

Blinking against the pastel sunlight streaming into her bedchamber, Padmé waited for her racing pulse to slow to its normal pace. She tried to inhale deeply to calm herself, but breathing was still proving difficult, as if an invisible barrier was being pressed against her face. Curious as to the reason, she threw back the bed coverings and walked to the window.

Outside, the morning had dawned hot and muggy, and the village below was covered in an eerie haze. Dark clouds were moving in from the distance, slowly overtaking the muted morning light that had awoken her. Raising the transparisteel barrier, Padmé was met by a blast of thick, warm air, and she immediately lowered it once again.

"A storm is coming," she muttered knowingly, but her worried prediction had nothing to do with the fat raindrops that had just begun to pelt against the window.

It was a subdued crowd that milled through the marketplace, the morning's rain having failed to relieve the stifling warmth that was so unusual for the season. The air was still heavy and damp, and Padmé wiped at the perspiration marring her brow in frustration as she wandered from stall to stall in search of her needed supplies. Owing to the warmth of the day, she had worn her lightest dress, made from a gauzy material in a soft shade of blue with short, capped sleeves and a skirt that flared airily from the fitted bodice, but even this offered little relief from the oppressive heat.

Consulting the list Aiel had given her, Padmé cursed silently as she realized she had forgotten to purchase the bang-corn at the last stall she had visited. Although she was anxious to leave the hot, crowded market, it was the children's favorite treat, and Padmé knew she could not bear to return to the school without it. With an irritated groan, she turned and began to retrace her steps back into the heart of the market.

"This is the second time I've had to go back for something," she muttered miserably under her breath. "At this pace, I'll be here all day." Yet Padmé knew her frustrations and foul mood had little to do with the forgotten bang corn. Since her last disastrous encounter with the stranger, Padmé had bee

15. leia_naberrie

leia_naberrie Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2002
    At last! *swoons from the weeks of pent-up anticipation*

More when I'm (ever) revived. ;)

edit: More --- or more of an attempt. ;)

Padmé?s dress is so pretty! - her lightest dress, made from a gauzy material in a soft shade of blue with short, capped sleeves and a skirt that flared airily from the fitted bodice, - I love the rustic, villagish setting of this story.

The scene with Anakin and the fruit reminded me a lot of Aladdin and Jasmine. ;) O, and I read the little red herring that Anakin_Heartbreaker threw and for a moment, I was so scared it wasn't Anakin. Thank the Force for the final reveal at the end of the chapter. :D

The idea of him doing yard work for her is quite appealing. There's something about a hunky gardener, and a lonely little house at the opposite end of the village... ;) :p [face_batting] What? :p We're all thinking it!

16. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    **sighs happily**

Now I can't wait to see where you're going with this!

The forest is a familiar one, and I know what I must do.

With a sinking heart, I search for the tree that always serves as my shelter. I curl my body beneath its green canopy, his eyes looking on helplessly as we both await the inevitable.

"Why?" I ask as I stare up into the blue beacons that serve as my only moonlight in this netherworld of dreams.

He closes his eyes against my probing, and my moon is eclipsed, leaving me in darkness. Without his protective light to banish them, the shadow creatures emerge from their hiding places, eager to come out and play in the murky depths of the darkened forest. I hear their excited whispers as they close in around me, the predator surrounding its prey.

My heartbeat quickens, its thunder reverberating in my ears.

"Please, don't leave me," I cry out, but he does not answer. Instead, I hear a strangled sob emanating from above me as he begins to weep, his teardrops falling hard and fast. The resulting rain drenches my clothing, my flesh and the ground beneath me, yet it does not deter the encroaching demons from their promised reward.

The creatures' chattering grows louder now, and my only desire is that death will come quickly as I feel their icy fingertips begin to scrape against my flesh.

"Forgive me," he finally whispers. "But there is no other way."

That dream at the beginning was ominous, but beautifully written. That's no surprise coming from you, though! ;)

LOVED the description of Anakin. He's as beautiful as you described him. [face_love]

=D=

17. VA_Parky

VA_Parky Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 10, 2005
    Yay!! Our two heroes have made progress - and what wonderful progress it was! [face_love] I am so excited that Padme has found a way to keep our beloved 'stranger' around a little longer - and closer too - which can only mean that things are really going to start hopping now!! Woohoo!!!

Great update, Gina! I really enjoy the pace at which this is developing. Anakin and Padme are so intrigued by each other yet so many outside influences are conspiring against them. It is clear (at least to me) that they need one another and I have a feeling this repair work might be just the ticket!! [face_praying]

Can't wait for more. This story is so great - and you already know I can't get enough of your writing! It just flows so well - and the characters really come alive. It's fantastic - always a joy to read! :D

18. Star_Angel

Star_Angel Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2006
    Ani, yay, I knew that it was him. Well, I?m very curies to find out if he actually is Anakin, or Vader in Anakin?s body (if you can call it that).

And I can understand Padmé?s thoughts, and that dream. Hmm, I wonder where Ani working for Padmé will lead our favourite couple [face_thinking].

And about this clue thing, could it have anything to do with the fact that it do say ?An Anakin/Padmé AU? after the title?

Well, that is just me being my curies self [face_blush]. This update was amazing =D=.

19. AnakinLuver

AnakinLuver Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 13, 2006
    =P~ =P~ =P~ =P~ describing Anakin was just... *guh*... and the hair, the lips, the jaw, the eyes, and the scar...=P~ =P~ =P~

Padme is very kind and I know stealing is wrong, but Anakin shouldn't be ashamed of what he did... he was starving and he needed food so that was the only way possible...

Finally, Anakin is warming up to her... hopefully things will go well, but why do I doubt that?o_O

Anakin seems like the innocent boy we all love, but I know there are things about his past that his not telling yet.

Padme's getting a little giddy looking at his features for the first time, eh?;)

I'm falling in love with Anakin all over again... how many times has that happened to me? like over 100?[face_love]

Great update...=D=

Rachel Rose@};-

20. lady_sapphire

lady_sapphire Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 12, 2005
    Yes! An update...I've been waiting...I'm glad to see some progression in their relationship. I have a feeling that her hiring him is going to result in his staying a little bit longer ;).

Please update soon! I love this story!

Thanks for the PM too!

21. anakin_luver

anakin_luver Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 26, 2005
    okay, i must let this out...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phew...okay, that was just the highlight of my day. i had absolutely no idea we were going to see his face in this post...when he reached up to lower his hood...i swear on my life that my body stopped functioning for a moment. i was so shocked, and absolutely thrilled. and when he was being all "uncertain" and whatnot about lowering it, i was so convinced he wouldn't...i mean, it would just be too good to be true!

and then it happened and my heart just broke free of my body and soared...soared

anywho...*clears throat nervously* that dream in the beginning was just amazing. amazing. his eyes - her moon. his tears - her rain.

i feel like i'm in a movie. someone should make a movie of this. of just that one scene if they don't have time or whatever...that was just the most beautiful post ever. i'm so in love right now. gosh...i'm in love with this story.

now i'm going to dance around in the meadows and sing at the top of my lungs while a light rain falls above...

22. Across_The_Stars-24

Across_The_Stars-24 Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2005
    Great chapter.

Padme's dream got her wondering.

The empire coming after Naboo sooner or later.

Padme finally got Ani's name.

Poor Anakin had to steal and is ashamed.

Padme offering Anakin a job with credits. That show her compassionate soul.

I like how Padme was taking inventory of Anakin's features.

Can't wait for more.

23. jmsbndgrl

jmsbndgrl Jedi Master star 4

Dec 31, 2004
    I don't think Anakin is dangerous, I think who he is associated with is though. At least he gets to spend some time with Padme, maybe that will open him up.

Wonderful update. :)

24. Amidala66

Amidala66 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 14, 2005
    your descriptions are so eloquent, Gina.
    your update made my day.=D=

the dream has me concerned though but i think that Anakin is good (a jedi)and is hiding out from the Empire.

25. randomangel22

randomangel22 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 11, 2006
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

let me just say that i almost died reading your description of anakin!! i think i held my breath when he took off his hood =P~!!! i knew it was anakin [face_dancing] i mean who else would padme dream about?? great update Gina you did a marvelous job building the moment when anakin would reveal himself and it was worthwhile =D=!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.