main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Never Gone -- Leia Song Fic between ESB & ROTJ

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by IrishEyedJedi, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

Yes who knew I could use a Backstreet Boys song after using Ray Charles and Boyz II Men. But I heard this song and the bunny bit. Hope you all like it, it's my own little take on events.

Never Gone

?Luke, we?re ready for takeoff.?

?Good luck, Lando.?

?When we find Jabba the Hutt and that bounty hunter we?ll contact you.?

?I?ll meet you at the rendezvous point on Tatooine.?

?Princess, we?ll find Han. I promise.?

?Chewie, I?ll be waiting for your signal. Take care, you two. May the Force be with you.?

Chewie?s growls caused Leia to smile but only for a moment. Wanting to see the Falcon before it left she moved to the window in the med bay. Not only would she lose her love but anything that reminded her of him; his ship, his co-pilot, and so called friend. All she would have were memories, as bitter sweet as they were.

Luke suddenly came up behind her placing his new hand on her shoulder. But the Princess felt nothing, only the emptiness of her own heart. The Falcon blasted by the window and out into space. It quickly became so small she could barley find it. As the medical frigate turned to make it?s own jump into hyperspace she saw a quick flash of light. He was truly gone.

The things we did, the things we said
    Keep coming back to me and make me smile again

She had excused herself from Luke and the droids. Wanting to have some time alone. It had only been a few minutes since the fleet had made the jump to hyperspace but as she entered her quarters she saw her white jump suit and vest lying on her bed, still unclean. Without thinking she grabbed the vest and held it tight to her chest. It took a moment for her to realize his scent was still on the article of clothing.

The tears, which had threatened to spill so many times in the past several days, finally took hold of her. Silently trickling down her cheeks the Princess tried to stifle the heartfelt sobs that were slowly escaping her lips. She collapsed to her knees still clinging to the vest. Minutes later she crawled into bed holding the one thing that still gave her some connection to the man who could alleviate all her pain.

You showed me how to face the truth
    Everything that's good in me I owe to you

?Here let me help you Your Highness,? Wes said as he grabbed her lunch tray.

?I?m not an invalid Wes,? Leia said as she tried to take her tray back.

?That?s good, cause if Han saw me carrying your tray he?d be ?? Wes realized his mistake and quickly tried to cover. ?I didn?t mean ? ?

?It?s ok Wes,? Leia placed her hand on the young man?s arm. ?I?m sure he?d appreciate you looking after me.? She gave a weak smile that quickly turned to a frown as she saw the way Wes was looking at her. ?What??

?Nothing it?s just . . .? Wes trailed off as he got a distant look in his eyes.

?Yes??

?You?ve really opened up the last couple of weeks. Hanging out in the hangar with us, or joining the weekly sabbac game. Just like he would have done,? Wes said with a hint of admiration in his voice.

?So I?m no longer the Ice Princess?? Leia tried to joke, in a failed attempted to keep the conversation light.

?Oh no,? Wes grind. ?You?re ?His Princess? now.?

Though the distance that's between us
    Now may seem to be too far

The thought never occurred to her that someone else in the galaxy might own a Corellian freighter. The ship wasn?t as impressive as the Falcon. Something Leia never imagined saying let alone thinking. Yet as she looked at the inferior ship she realized just how much extra work Han had put into the Falcon.

?A dear friend owns a ship just like this,? Leia said to the supplier who had docked with the Fleet. ?The ship did the Kessel Run in twelve parsecs.?

?You must be talking about the Millennium Falcon,? the supplier said excitedly. ?I once met her Captain. Solo I believe his name was. He was looking for some Alderaanian wine. Said it was for a friend,? the man said as he tri

2. WynssaStarflare

WynssaStarflare Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 17, 2004
    Aww so cute! The song fits percectly. I love how you have everyone remembering Han. Great job!

3. Anakins_Force

Anakins_Force Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2005

The tears, which had threatened to spill so many times in the past several days, finally took hold of her. Silently trickling down her cheeks the Princess tried to stifle the heartfelt sobs that were slowly escaping her lips. She collapsed to her knees still clinging to the vest. Minutes later she crawled into bed holding the one thing that still gave her some connection to the man who could elevate all her pain.

How sad! The ice princess does have feelings and she finally lets herself go after being so strong all the time. Her holding onto the vest was just heartbreaking.

I really liked the part where she got the pic of her and Han at Yavin and took it back to her 'shrine' of Han. Oh and the part where Wes was carrying her tray was too cute!

Great interpretation of your favorite couple!

4. PonyTricks

PonyTricks Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 25, 2003
    Another great fic by IrishEyedJedi! Yeah! [face_dancing]

I liked the part where they shouted for her to bring him back. I think the pilots would have missed Han, too. :D :D

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Luke suddenly came up behind her placing his new hand on her shoulder. But the Princess felt nothing, only the emptiness of her own heart.

That was such an accurate reading of the look on her face. I loved these moments, especially the wine-dealer with the picture, Leia being "His Princess", and Rieekan giving Luke's new mission.

6. Liesl

Liesl Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    So sweet...

?So I?m no longer the Ice Princess?? Leia tried to joke, in a failed attempted to keep the conversation light.

...and funny...

?Remember when the Princess accidentally shot him,? Wes laughed. ?He had to lay on his stomach for two days. I?ll never forget how red she turned when she realized where she shot him.?

...it's perfect! Another great H/L fic!

7. Golden_Jedi

Golden_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 10, 2005
    ?You?ve really opened up the last couple of weeks. Hanging out in the hangar with us, or joining the weekly sabbac game. Just like he would have done,? Wes said with a hint of admiration in his voice.

I loved this part. Beautiful songfic!

8. FelsGoddess

FelsGoddess Jedi Master star 5

Sep 5, 2004
    ?Oh no,? Wes grind. ?You?re ?His Princess? now.? Wow, of all the people to notice.

The dream was always the same. Han was holding her on Cloud City in the apartment Lando had provided. They were watching the sunset over the city. Her head resting comfortably on his broad chest, listening to his heart beat. He slowly turned her in his arms so that they were facing each other. Caressing her cheek he bent down and lightly brushed her lips.

?You?re beautiful,? his voice rumbled in her ear.
    Very sweet.

Very sweet. =D=

9. Zonoma

Zonoma Jedi Master star 5

Jun 28, 2005
    That was such a neat come back! Showed Wes at his absolute best, which I love.

[face_laugh] I had to smile at this because I often caught myself thinking the same way after a break up when I would see the same kind of car drive by. Like no one else can own a Pontiac.:rolleyes:

*snickers*

Wow. Good call. It always helps to know that you are the only one going through it, I guess.

I thought that your wording was beautiful.

Loved that! You go, girl.

All in all, this was a fun song fic and terribly sweet. It gave me the warm fuzzies, which was just what I needed tonight! Thank you.

10. Solo_Fan

Solo_Fan Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 3, 2003
    There's no shame in using a Backstreet Boys song. I have the "Never Gone" cd, and its very good. There were a lot of memorable moments in this fic, but my favorite moment was Han and Leia's scene in the med room. Its a moment we never get to see in ROTJ, so I love when authors give their own versions of it. Very sweet and touching.

11. Arkady

Arkady Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 25, 2004
    Awww, how touching! That was a great view of Leia waiting.
    Arkady

12. IrishEyedJedi

IrishEyedJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 24, 2005

WynssaStarflare - Aww so cute! The song fits percectly. I love how you have everyone remembering Han. Great job! -- Awww shucks thanks Ms. Wyn [face_blush]

Anakins_Force - The tears, which had threatened to spill so many times in the past several days, finally took hold of her. Silently trickling down her cheeks the Princess tried to stifle the heartfelt sobs that were slowly escaping her lips. She collapsed to her knees still clinging to the vest. Minutes later she crawled into bed holding the one thing that still gave her some connection to the man who could elevate all her pain.

How sad! The ice princess does have feelings and she finally lets herself go after being so strong all the time. Her holding onto the vest was just heartbreaking.

I really liked the part where she got the pic of her and Han at Yavin and took it back to her 'shrine' of Han. Oh and the part where Wes was carrying her tray was too cute!

Great interpretation of your favorite couple!
    -- Thanks Melissa, coming from a fellow crazy shipper it's good to know my characters were true to form. And yes even the Ice Princess shows a little heart every now and then. ;)

PonyTricks - Another great fic by IrishEyedJedi! Yeah!

I liked the part where they shouted for her to bring him back. I think the pilots would have missed Han, too.
    -- [face_blush] [face_blush] Awww shucks, PT you're too kind. I always thought Han was a big hero among the pilots because he stuck it to the Council whenever possible.

DarthIshtar - Luke suddenly came up behind her placing his new hand on her shoulder. But the Princess felt nothing, only the emptiness of her own heart.

That was such an accurate reading of the look on her face. I loved these moments, especially the wine-dealer with the picture, Leia being "His Princess", and Rieekan giving Luke's new mission.
    -- Thanks Poe! [:D]

Liesl - So sweet...

...and funny...

?Remember when the Princess accidentally shot him,? Wes laughed. ?He had to lay on his stomach for two days. I?ll never forget how red she turned when she realized where she shot him.?

...it's perfect! Another great H/L fic!
    -- Oh Padawan you're too kind, but I'm glad you enjoyed our favorite couple!

Golden_Jedi - ?You?ve really opened up the last couple of weeks. Hanging out in the hangar with us, or joining the weekly sabbac game. Just like he would have done,? Wes said with a hint of admiration in his voice.

I loved this part. Beautiful songfic!
    -- I find it so funny so many of you are enjoying Wes's shinning moment. Thank you!

FelsGoddess - ?Oh no,? Wes grind. ?You?re ?His Princess? now.? Wow, of all the people to notice.

The dream was always the same. Han was holding her on Cloud City in the apartment Lando had provided. They were watching the sunset over the city. Her head resting comfortably on his broad chest, listening to his heart beat. He slowly turned her in his arms so that they were facing each other. Caressing her cheek he bent down and lightly brushed her lips.

?You?re beautiful,? his voice rumbled in her ear. Very sweet.

Very sweet.
    -- Yeah who knew Wes was so perceptive - lol.

Zonoma -- [face_blush] My dear friend thank you for reading, I know your busy so it means a lot. Thank you!

Solo_Fan - There's no shame in using a Backstreet Boys song. I have the "Never Gone" cd, and its very good. There were a lot of memorable moments in this fic, but my favorite moment was Han and Leia's scene in the med room. Its a moment we never get to see in ROTJ, so I love when authors give their own versions of it. Very sweet and touch

13. dm1

dm1 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 9, 2004
    Beautiful, it had me in tears and laughing all at the same time.

I loved it when Rieekan gave Luke his new mission, and when the pilots yelled for Leia to bring Han back.

Well done!

14. WILFBIRD

WILFBIRD Jedi Master star 1

Jan 15, 2001
    I can't believe that I missed this first time round. It's absolutely wonderful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.