main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Never Had It So Good. Challenge Response. L/M & more. Part 3of3.

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by WarmNyota_SweetAyesha, Jul 22, 2015.

1. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    by Nyota's Heart Disclaimer: Borrowing for fun.

Characters: Luke/Mara, Ahsoka Tano, Leia, Corran, Han.

AN: In the Luke/Mara Discussion thread & index, there were several sets of prompts and when drawn randomly, I got deep space, Ahsoka Tano, and Episodes III-VI never happened.

The lovely nebula spread out in the vastness of deep space before Mara Skywalker's ship, the Jade Scimitar. Ahsoka sat in the copilot's seat and admired the view before them as much as the skills of her former apprentice, now Knighted.

Being old friends of both Luke Skywalker's father and mentor, she was pleased to come along on this trip to Correllia with Mara for the Conclave of Worlds.

"I hope this meeting goes well." She mused aloud. "So many diverse interests."

"Self-centered mostly." Mara rejoined, rolling her eyes. "I don't understand how Luke's mom and sister both went into politics. All that diplomacy - I never could quite master that particular talent."

Ahsoka laughed. "I know this very well!"

Mara shot her a mock-scowl. "Aunt Sola is as outspoken as I am. I guess Padme had to strive for the greater tact."

"Mm hmm." Ahsoka said in agreement. The navcomputer pinged indicating they were about to revert when ...

An Interdictor pulled them out into realspace and Mara uttered a choice Zabrak expletive.

TBC ...

+++++

2. Annia Piet

Annia Piet Jedi Knight star 2

Feb 7, 2015
    Interesting start, I do like the idea of seeing how Ahsoka and Mara bounce off each other :)

AzureAngel2 and Nyota's Heart like this.
  3. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    A unique start.

Please tag me when you update.

4. JadeLotus

JadeLotus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2005
    Love Ahsoka being Mara's master! And the name of Mara's ship - awesome.

5. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Very cool! Ashoka and Mara will be an interesting combination. Let's see how the women take care of business!

6. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    :D

Lady_Misty
    ~!

Working in seamless synchrony, Ahsoka and Mara unperturbedly assessed the situation. The Dralls and the Selonians were engaged in a barrage of turbolasers. A-wings and Y-wings were hammering at one another in a maelstrom of green and blue. Mara easily skirted around the combatants with a scowl. "Don't you dare ping my hull." She muttered. She hailed Spaceport Control and got a berth. There was a flurry of conversation in the background over the comm as groundside and orbital security scrambled to stifle the "unfriendly" delegates.

"It seems like the Correllian worlds are always factionalized." Ahsoka commented as Mara slid into her docking slip.

"It's the Drall that start it, invariably. The Selonians are more peaceable." Mara answered. "I noticed that in my Academy studies, and Leia confirmed it - whenever there's a disagreement in the Senate, it's them or the Bothans mixing it up."

Ahsoka frowned. "It is counterproductive to always be at cross-purposes."

"Guess they didn't get that flimsi." Mara rejoined.

Ahsoka and Mara were part of the Jedi contingent for the Conclave, and thankfully nothing untoward happened during the talks over biomedical trade and sector boundaries. After the talks concluded, the Dralls' little "demonstration" had indeed worked in reverse. The Selonians gathered more support for their request for a scientific space station.

Mara joined Luke at a secluded oceanside resort. She and he would be spending two weeks away from everyone and everything.

"So, is your sister spending time with the Horns, Luke?" Mara asked, sipping from a tall glass of fizzberry juice.

"She was, but she seems to be intrigued by one of the aides in Mr. Car'das' brokering organization."

"The dashing one, Talon Karrde?" Mara asked.

"No, the third one from the top."

Mara cast her thoughts back to the meetings. The organization they were referring to dealt in rare art and priceless cultural artifacts. They sold and traded them to the highest or most worthy bidders. They made sure the works were genuine not cheap knockoffs.

"Aves." She finally recalled. "That's the name!"

Luke nodded. "Yeah, he was flirting with her during the breaks and she decided to go out to dinner with him when one of Corran's school pals showed up and they got all chummy; Mirax I think he said she was."

"Guess she and Corran aren't as settled with one another as we thought." Mara laughed. "Or are they just being oblivious?"

Luke laughed and shrugged. "Your guess is as good as mine." Deciding that they'd talked enough about other kinds of side issues, he slid closer to Mara and slid an arm around her, tickling her ribs. Her green eyes tried to scowl but her laugh spoilt the effect.

He nuzzled her shoulder and nibbled her ear.

That was the start of no further talking for the evening.

++++++

[face_rofl]

[face_mischief]

7. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    This AU is so different - Mara not having worked with Karrde and Aves flirting with Leia!! But of course L/M are still together [face_laugh]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    love this new take on Luke and Mara

9. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Wonderful differences and giggles over the dating stuff.

10. Annia Piet

Feb 7, 2015
    Interesting differences in this AU! :)

11. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm intrigued. :) Seems like Ashoka and Mara have a close relationship. Looking forward to more. =D=

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  12. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Lady_Misty

_____

Two weeks later-after the Conclave's conclusion

Mara was deep in meditation. Even when she was training with Ahsoka, it wasn't something she could do easily or willingly, more often than not. Her mind was too active, and did not run to stillness too often.

But with help and encouragement from Kenobi & Ahsoka, she had finally become more receptive to the idea and need for it, although Luke's affinity was stronger than hers, even now.

During this particular session, Mara had a vision of an alternate timeline: one where the Sithly plan was not discovered in time and the Jedi had not been able to escape through the Senatorial Complex's tunnels, even as the erstwhile Chancellor was being arrested and incarcerated behind thick cortosis walls.

An avalanche of tragedy and calamity followed in the wake of the rise of the Darlk Lords of the Sith. And a nascent Rebellion stirred and its light grew stronger.

Mara came out of the vision with a shudder. Talk about learning things the hard way,she thought.

When she told Luke of that incident later that evening, he smiled thoughtfully. "We never had it so good as this particular when." He said. "The only thing lacking is if you told me you were pregnant."

"Really? Would that make you happy?" Mara asked, studying him closely.

He beamed.

She scowled. "You peeked! I was going to tell you but you eavesdropped!"

"Sorry. Your surprise through the Force was particularly eloquent. You're happy, aren't you, Mara?" Luke asked concerned.

She paused for a long moment, enough to make him sweat a little.

Then she laughed and tackled him.
    Her kisses said it all for her.

+++

Fini

AN: Love we're preggers moments especially with L/M. [face_love] And borrowing a clever strategy for catching the Sith I just read about in Jen's AU. Very plausible and cool one. :D

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  13. Lady_Misty

Mar 21, 2007
    Well the plan was fairly well put together so the Jedi would have been very lucky if they could have either uncovered the plot in enough time to prevent the rise of the Empire or for enough to escape with their lives.

Aww! cute moment!

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    Nice wrap up! It's interesting that even in this wildly different AU, Luke and Mara are still together. [face_love]

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    it's a universal constant. [face_love]

AzureAngel2 likes this.
  16. Annia Piet

Feb 7, 2015
    Aww, very cute wrap up of a sweet and happy AU :)

17. JadeLotus

Mar 27, 2005
    Aw, very cute ending!

18. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    During this particular session, Mara had a vision of an alternate timeline: one where the Sithly plan was not discovered in time and the Jedi had not been able to escape through the Senatorial Complex's tunnels, even as the erstwhile Chancellor was being arrested and incarcerated behind thick cortosis walls.

An avalanche of tragedy and calamity followed in the wake of the rise of the Darlk Lords of the Sith. And a nascent Rebellion stirred and its light grew stronger.

This is where things started out differently in your SW universe. Interesting & witty alternative. Loved the teasing and sweetness as usual! [face_love]

Nyota's Heart likes this.
  19. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    Thanks!!! Yup, one seemingly small other choice can lead to all kinds of different outcomes, regrettable and tragic ones. If the positive awesome ones are just as likely, hey. I'll go with those. :D