main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Never joke with a reporter...

Discussion in 'Archive: Milwaukee, WI' started by Bishop76, Apr 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Well, the Brookfield line showed up in the paper today (the Waukesha section) with a big bold letter quote from me:

"I buy them, open them, and I play with them when I am alone in the dark." - Jeff Kenda of Brookfield

So, the moral of this story, kids - NEVER KID AROUND WITH A REPORTER BECAUSE YOU END UP LOOKING LIKE A MORON!!!

Anyway, if anyone wants me to, I can post the article or send it to Que to put up on the site.

Jeff

2. Mauler_II

Mauler_II Jedi Master star 3

Mar 13, 2002
    LVHOL

(Laugh VERY hard out loud)

I read that article this morning. Very nice!

3. TwistyMaeSkywalker

TwistyMaeSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 3, 2000
    Hehe...my journalism teacher read us that today in class, and then they all looked at me like "Do you know this person?" (I have a talking Luke Skywalker keychain on my backpack)

I did admit that I thought I knew who it was, though. Wasn't sure about your last name.

Still...this is why you grin at the reporter and say "Just kidding!"

4. TheWampas1138

TheWampas1138 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 2, 2002
    Thanks. I'm sitting alone in my office laughing my *ss off and there is no way I can explain that without everyone out there wondering if their boss has completely lost her mind. I needed that. From now on Bishop's battle cry..."ooohhhh I bent my wookiee.."

D&M

(It's from the Simpson's..for those of you who aren't cultured enough not to get the reference -- granted it's twt culture but that's beside the point)

5. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Bishop...

Just curious, would you have said the same thing to a TV crew?

6. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    "I bent my Wookiee." I'm wearing a shirt right now with Raplh picking his nose and that's my favorite Raplh line. Ahhh, yes...The Simpsons. I can't wait till they start the AOTC jokes. :)

7. BYOB_Kenobi

BYOB_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 7, 2000
    I bent my Dookie.

8. Bishop76

Bishop76 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 1, 2002
    Outlander -

I would have said the same thing to a TV crew because then it would have been *VERY* obvious that I was joking - I was laughing as I said it...

If you think the quote itself is funny, you should have heard the conversations I had to have with just about EVERY member of my family in the area...

My grandma called and told me that it was okay because "it beats boozing it up all the time"... I still don't think she believes I was joking.

Jeff

9. Outlander_

Outlander_ Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 11, 2002
    Well...no matter what you do, no matter what you say, at the end of the day, just be thankful you are NOT Mayor Norquist. :)

10. solo414

solo414 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    AMEN! I'm so glad I live in Whitefish Bay and he's not my mayor. I LOVED him walking around holding his baby. He was doing that just for the cameras too. That kind of behavior makes me sick. Sorry if I'm pissing anybody off.

11. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Oh man, I hadn't seen this before, this deserves to get bumped back up to the top. :) lol!

Norquist....grrrr....man I hate that guy. Thank God I moved to Brown Deer. :)

12. ToxicNed

ToxicNed Grand Poobah of Madison WI - FF CR star 4

May 2, 2002
    This is even better than the Episode 1 camp out. I remember seeing someone from one of the local news crews standing over Bishop and filming as he was snuggled up in his sleeping bag sound asleep.

13. bwing53

bwing53 Jedi Master star 3

May 7, 2002
    Anyone else think Norquist looks like one of the Sleestacks from "Land of the Lost"? My wife swears he's one of them. P.S.--How do you like them apples?

14. Darth_Lee

Darth_Lee Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    For those of you who were at the Ultrascreen for TPM 3 years back, Charles Benson, an anchor reporter from Fox 6 was there. He had my friend Chad put on his Vader mask and say "May the Force be with you" live on the 9 p.m. news. We protested by telling him Vader never said that, we wanted him to say "I find your lack of faith diturbing" instead. Oh well.

Coincidentally, Charles Benson was also eating an apple the whole time....seriously.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.