main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Never Let Go (JA short fic)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Darth Tristeza, Feb 15, 1999.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ikhnaton

Ikhnaton Jedi Master star 4

Dec 19, 1999

[This message has been edited by Ikhnaton (edited 04-07-2000).]

2. Ikhnaton

Dec 19, 1999

3. Ikhnaton

Dec 19, 1999

4. The Stinky Hobo

The Stinky Hobo Jedi Youngling

Mar 2, 2000
    This is me at the zoo when I went with a family I don't know:
    http://www.zipworld.com.au/~kjohnson/acidjolt/melbourne/ugly.jpg

They were real sweet...At first, but after they paid for my admission, bought my lunch, and tied my shoes, they told me to go away, btu I didn't leave, I followed them around and made they're baby cry ALL DAY!!! They wouldn't let me in they're car though.

5. The Stinky Hobo

Mar 2, 2000

They were real sweet...At first, but after they paid for my admission, bought my lunch, and tied my shoes, they told me to go away, btu I didn't leave, I followed them around and made they're baby cry ALL DAY!!! They wouldn't let me in they're car though.

6. The Stinky Hobo

Mar 2, 2000

They were real sweet...At first, but after they paid for my admission, bought my lunch, and tied my shoes, they told me to go away, but I didn't leave, I followed them around and made they're babay cry ALL DAY! They wouldn't let me in they're car though

7. The Stinky Hobo

Mar 2, 2000

They were real sweet...At first, but after they paid for my admission, bought my lunch, and tied my shoes, they told me to go away, but I didn't leave, I followed them around and made they're babay cry ALL DAY! They wouldn't let me in they're car though

8. Xizora

Xizora Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 17, 1999
    Why does this thread do that? If you post something it takes it forever to come up. Then when u edit something it takes forever to correct. Kinda strange huh? It is the only thread that does that.

9. The Stinky Hobo

Mar 2, 2000
    This is me when I went to the zoo with a family I don't know:

They were real nice...at first, but after they paid for my admission, bought my lunch, and tied my shoes they got sick of me and asked me to leave, but I didn't listen, I followed them around all day and made they're baby cry. They wouldn't let me in they're car at the end of the day though.

10. The Stinky Hobo

Mar 2, 2000

They were real nice...at first, but after they paid for my admission, bought my lunch, and tied my shoes they got sick of me and asked me to leave, but I didn't listen, I followed them around all day and made they're baby cry. They wouldn't let me in they're car at the end of the day though.

11. The Stinky Hobo

Mar 2, 2000

12. Darth Tristeza

Darth Tristeza Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 7, 2000
    Hello! I've been lurking for a while now reading all the neat JA stories. I decided to de-lurk for a moment to post this little one scene fic I wrote. I'm not nearly up to the standard of the awesome writing usually found here, but think of this as my humble little offering dedicated to all you wonderful JA writers who have kept me entertained for so long.

Thanks to Kim for the beta!

So here it is!!

"Let me go!" Obi-Wan screamed at his Master for what seemed like the hundredth time. His Master's vise-like grip on his forearm was the only thing keeping him from plunging to his death in the ravine hundreds of feet below.

"No, Obi-Wan!" There was no way Qui-gon was going to let his apprentice fall. His left hand was wrapped tightly around his Padawan's forearm, and the other was clinging to a huge rock at the edge of the cliff. Sweat beaded on his forehead with the effort of holding Obi-Wan over the edge. He had caught him just as he'd lost his grip on the cliff face, but with his Padawan's right wrist broken, and his left arm hanging useless at his side, Obi-Wan was unable to offer his Master any help.

"You have to let me go. You're slipping." Just as his apprentice said it, he felt himself lose another inch. His hand was already bleeding from his grip on the jagged rock, and he knew his Padawan was right. Time was growing short.

But while Qui-Gon ran the scenario over and over in his mind looking for a solution that didn't involve dropping his student, Obi-Wan shut his eyes. Suddenly his grip on the younger man's arm was loosening aswell.

Realization washed over him like an icy wave. His apprentice was using the Force to make Qui-Gon lose his grip and drop him.

"No! You will not give up!" Qui-Gon scowled down at his apprentice and tightened his grip on the boy's arm with renewed determination. Obi-Wan had been his apprentice for seven years now, and he was not about to let a little thing like gravity separate them.

"There's no other way, Master. You know I'm right." Obi-Wan looked up at his Master, softening his previous expression of determination. He didn't want to fight with Qui-Gon in their last moments together.

"Let me go, please." He said softly. Qui-Gon could see the love for him in his Padawan's eyes. The boy who he had raised for the last seven years. The boy would had become a man under his care. The boy who was the closest thing Qui-Gon would ever have to a son. He couldn't let him go. He couldn't watch his son slip from his grip and plunge to the rocks below.

Then Qui-Gon got an idea. If Obi-Wan could use the Force to try to make his Master let him go, then he could certainly use it to save himself.

"Obi-Wan, listen to me. I'm going to swing you against the cliff face, I want you to push against it with your feet, and use the Force to vault up here."

Qui-Gon knew it would be tricky. In order for the maneuver to work, he would have to use the Force to keep his grip on Obi-Wan's arm while he swung him towards the cliff face, and if his Padawan failed to use enough of the Force to aid his rotation over Qui-Gon's head, he would pull his Master right over the cliff with him.

"Master," came Obi-wan's voice breaking through his thoughts, "we are both too weak to make that work."

"No, Padawan. We will make it work. Now close your eyes, and center yourself. We haven't much time."

Seeing that his Master wasn't going to relent, Obi-Wan closed his eyes, feeling the Force pulse around him. He shut out the pain in his left arm and right wrist, and focused on the movements he would need to make in order to clear the lip of the cliff. He knew that if he failed, his Master would be pulled over with him. He could not let that happen.

"Are you ready, Padawan?"

"Yes, Master."

Once he heard his apprentice's calm acceptance, Qui-gon wasted no time. He reached out to the Force to maintain his hold on the rock, and his Padawan, and swung his arm sharply towards the cliff face, pulling Obi-Wan along with it.

He felt Obi-Wan's feet hit the sheer wall of rock, absorb the impact, and push out with a violen

13. Latara

Latara Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 21, 2000
    Congrats on your story and for making me de-lurk as well. You should write more.

I love JA. And obi-angst, that's always good too.

14. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Wow, that was great! Good descriptions, good characters, good danger, good solution. It definitely makes me want to read more!

15. Eryce

Eryce Jedi Master star 2

Feb 29, 2000
    Obi-Wan had been his apprentice for seven years now, and he was not about to let a little thing like gravity separate them.

Awwwwwww...great job

16. Kim-kenobi

Kim-kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 20, 1999
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww cool.gif
    I am glad you decided to post this story. It's nice and emotional

17. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Wow! That was great. I hope you decide to permanently de-lurk and write more.

18. HealerLeona

HealerLeona Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2000
    Wow! That was great. I hope you decide to permanently de-lurk and write more.

19. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Wow! That was really good! I also hope you have decided to delurk and write some more. Like a prequel to this story, so we can find out how they got on the mountain and in that predicament. And then a sequel, to see how they get off. Anyway, great job!

[This message has been edited by Bastet (edited 03-22-2000).]

20. Subject Zero

Subject Zero Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 13, 2000
    Alright, many things are flying around me. Here's 2 things that deal with this here place.

First off, the design for the Bottom of my Shoe Review site is almost complete. But where should I put this oh wonderful pain in the neck of mine (j/k) up? Any suggestions?

Also, it seems that I may need a script editor. Everyone else has 'em so why can't I? I just need someone to weed it all out but someone I trust because like everyone else, I don't want to reveal the story.

Well, I'll see what happens. Thanks in advance!

SZ

21. Jedi Erica Amidala

Jedi Erica Amidala Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 16, 1999
  22. Senator Bail Organa

Senator Bail Organa Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 12, 1998
  23. Senator Bail Organa

Oct 12, 1998
  24. Senator Bail Organa