main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Never Let You Go - A J/K songfic

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -sword-of-the-jedi-, Jan 10, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. -sword-of-the-jedi-

-sword-of-the-jedi- Jedi Youngling

Apr 14, 2007
    Here it goes. This is my first fic, so constructive critism is appreciated!
    I got the idea to write this after seeing the challenge on the Rogue and Goddess topic. Hope you enjoy!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    He couldn?t remember how many years it had been since he took the time to just stare at her. She was beautiful, the most beautiful woman he had ever seen. As he watched her sitting there, her face relaxed from the usual guard it held when surrounded by other people, he remembered all the reasons he?d fallen in love with her in the first place.

She was his angel, his goddess. Not one in the way most people saw her, pure power and grace, though she had those to be sure. But she was the most delicate person he knew despite all that. She could fight off a hundred enemies, and stand up to the most powerful world leader, but she couldn?t get rid of the pain she carried in her heart. All those years before he had wanted to get rid of that pain for her. Know he couldn?t remember why he?d stopped.

This time, this place
    Misused, mistakes
    Too long, too late
    Who was I to make you wait?

Other men found her stunning. She was pure grace and beauty. But it was her inner strength that drew him to her. It was the way she refused to back down, the way she didn?t let the pain she carried around consume her. As he watched silently her head dipped forward slowly, and her long, dark hair fell to cover her face. That was okay, he didn?t need to see it anyways. He doubted he could ever forget her features. No, he could never forget her piercing eyes, that seemed to see the soul of anyone they looked at. Or her smooth, delicate skin. Or her lips, that he was so tempted to bend down and capture anytime he looked her way.

Just one chance
    Just one breath
    Just in case there?s just one left

Silently he moved closer. He couldn?t think. Why had he ever left her? Why had he ever let her go without telling her how he felt? Any breath he took could be his last, and yet it seemed so hard to go up and talk to her. Suddenly her head jerked up, and she looked his way. She must have sensed his presence.
    ?Kyp?? She called quietly, her voice sounded sadder then he?d ever heard. He inched forward again till he entered the light, finally coming into view.

He looked down at her, hardly daring to speak and break the moment. Their eyes met, searching each other deeply. The connection that he always knew was their flared up, sending so much emotion between the two that he was tempted to look away. How had he managed to stay away from this?

?Cause you know
    You know, you know

She stood up slowly, coming to stand an arms length in front of him. And they stood there, staring into each others eyes, silently telling each other what they?d both known all along. Tentatively he reached out to put his hands on her shoulders and draw her closer. She collapsed into him, wrapping her arms around his waist. Once again they stood still, fitting together as if two parts of the same being, and Kyp found himself shaking.

That I love you
    That I loved you all along
    And I miss you
    Been away for far too long

?I missed you.? His voice came out muffled as he spoke into her hair. She nodded against him, looking up into his eyes so he could see the tears that were starting to form. After a second he spoke again, ?I love you Jaina Solo. I never stopped dreaming about you.?

I keep dreaming
    You?ll be with me
    And you?ll never go
    Stop breathing if
    I don?t see you anymore

Tears started falling from her eyes. ?I know.? And then she kissed him. Her kiss started out soft, the gentle caress of kissing someone for the first time, but became more passionate until the whole world seemed to fall away around them.

On my knees, I?ll ask
    Last chance for one last dance
    ?Cause with you, I?d withstand
    All of hell to hold your hand

They broke apart after a few minutes, and he reached a hand up to brush away her tears. His mind flashed back to the dance so

2. Ceillean

Ceillean Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 13, 2001
    Beautiful! =D=

They fit together perfectly as they danced in that empty courtyard to music only they could hear. Time stood still as they moved slowly back and forth beneath the open sky, and he could hear the beat of her heart against his own. Each beat spoke the words he knew she understood, the words he?d waited far too long to tell her.

This part made me want to melt inside. [face_love]

?Never let me go? She whispered to him. His arms tightened around her.

?I never will.?

And the music continued playing, swirling around them. He knew he would never let her go. He would never lose that little bit of perfection.

Oh! [face_love] [face_love]

Great little viggie! We so need more Kyp mush on the boards.
    Great job!

=D=

3. -sword-of-the-jedi-

Apr 14, 2007
    Thanks!! :D
    I had a lot of fun writing it.
    *dreamy expression* Kyp is so cool.

4. iamobiwan1970

iamobiwan1970 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2005
    Very mushy! :* Give us some more!

5. Jaina_Solo_Goddess

Jaina_Solo_Goddess Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 10, 2007
    I thought this was a very, very good piece! Just a couple little nitpicky spelling mistakes, but other than that it was fantastic!

I really hope you keep writing!

~Jaina

6. -sword-of-the-jedi-

Apr 14, 2007
    Thanks for the comments guys!

- I intend to, keep an eye out for more! ;)

- Thanks for alerting me to the spelling mistakes. The one side effect of getting mad at your spell check and turning it off...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.