main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Never Lose Hope (JA) Updated on 3-21

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Cheryl_Kenobi, Mar 15, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    This is just the trailer. I'll post the story in a few minutes.

A quiet voice: you'll never understand.

QG: Where is he?

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan having a sparing match.

Master Yoda walking with Mace.

Mace: The boy has been missing for two months now. I don't know if we should call off the search or not.

AQV: you'll never understand.

Qui-Gon holding a rock, crying, with Mace standing next to him.

QG: Why is this happening to me? What Gods think that I must always go though pain in my life?

Obi-Wan and Bant laughing at a table.

Garen holding a crying Bant.

Bruck talking with Reeft in a hallway.

Bruck: He's my friend too! But unlike you I'm not going to lose hope.

AQV: You'll never understand.

A man standing in a dim lit room.

Man: Why are you making this so hard on yourself? Just give us the information and we might let you go home.

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan bowing to the Council.

Bruck and Bant running after Qui-Gon.

Bant: We're going with you!

In the dim room.

OW: You'll never understand!
    yeah...

2. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    There ya go!
    Never Lose Hope

The sun came over the council tower bring light into a padawan's room. That Padawan was Obi-Wan Kenobi, apprentice to Quiu-gon Jinn a well known Jedi Master. In the apartment which housed these two people the shower was run and the holovid was on. Qui-Gon was waiting for his, yet again, late Padawan. Today they were to go over the 5th katas a sparing match which they had been going over for the pass three days. Obi-Wan walked out of the fresher to his room to come back to the common room a minute later.

"Master? I'm ready." Obi-wan said.

"And late also." Qui-gon chuckled. "Let's leave the sooner we finish the sooner you can go meet Bant's ship.

"Alright!" Obi-wan said jogging to the door.

Two hours later-

Obi-Wan stood waiting in a landing bay. He could see Bant's ship pulling in. He couldn't wait to see Bant it had been six months since her Master had taken the mission.

"Obi!" Was his only warning before he had a armful of salmon color girl.

"How was your trip Bant?" He asked when he could finally breathe correctly.

"Boring. The parties would not agree to anything." They walked to the lunch area talking about what they had been doing during the time that she was away. "So how's Garen, Reeft, and Bruck?"

"Alright. Infact ask them yourself" Bant just looked confused. Until Obi-Wan motioned for her to turn around. When she did she was greeted with her friends

"Hey, guys it's so good to see you." She said giving them hugs.

While the friends talked in the lunch area, Qui-Gon was talking with Master Yoda and Mace.

"Mission for you and your Padawan, we do. Though, easy, it will not be, we fear."

"Whatever the Council wishes" Qui-Gon said not thinking about what Yoda said.

"Qui-Gon, you and your apprentice will need to go to a hostile planet and get many data chips with very important information on it and get in less then twenty days. The thing is we don't know exactly where on the planet the chips are. We do have leads, but thats all they are. The people hate Jedi. Do you think you can do this?" Mace asked, wanting to make sure that Qui-Gon understood what he would be going into.

"Obi-Wan and I will be ready when you need us to leave." Qui-Gon said after thinking about it for a while.

3. SHADOW13

SHADOW13 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 20, 2003
    Good start, I want to see wher this goes. I like the trailer bit at the beginning it helps me to read stuff like this. :)

4. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    Ooh nice start Cheryl!

More soon pretty please with lots of Obi on the top ;)

5. KenobisGirl

KenobisGirl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    Ooo, interesting start. Looks good, Cheryl!

Looking forward to more! :)

6. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    Hey everyone, just to let you know, I'll post every other day. Just to make sure I have everything right.

7. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Really great so far! More!!

8. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    *Runs in* Before I forget
    AN: Bruck is Obi-Wan's freind and him and Tahl are still alive

Chapter 2

That night.

"So when will we leave?" Obi-Wan said after Qui-Gon told him of the mission they would be going on.

"In two days. Now get to bed. Tomorrow I'm giving you a free day to spend with your friends." Qui-Gon said as he headed to his room.

"Yes, Master. Thank you Master!" Obi-Wan said as he went to his own room.

The next morning was like any other, as Obi-Wan got up and went to talk to Bruck.

"What, Bruck? I was having a very nice dream about that Padawan we saw the other day." Obi-Wan moaned when he saw Bruck.

"Tonight lets go to that club that we found last week. Come on it'll be fun." Bruck pleaded when he saw Obi-Wan's head shaking. "We could get druck and laugh at Garen's sad attemps at getting a girl. And Reeft eat like a hog."

"We get to watch that here."

"Yes, but we never get druck and we need to see some new girls, the ones here are awful looking."

"Ugh, fine just don't make me place any bets on anything this time, got it?" He said after a few minutes.

"Okay. You won't regret this."

"Yes, I will. I know I will."
    "That's it." Garen pointed out.

"No, really. come on let's go in." Bruck said taking the lead. When they got in, they thought it looked just like they others they had been to. Only diffrence? The women.

"Oh, look at that one, the purple one! Yum." Bruck exclaimed, drooling.

"Put the tounge in mouth and lets get a table. Then you can go after as many people as you want when we're good and toasted." Garen said laughing at Bruck's show.

When they had sat down and ordered their usual, Reeft getting his favorite things to eat, of course. Garen finally asked the question that had been bugging three of the young men. "When are you leaving?"

Obi-wan started laughing. "How did you know I was leaving? I ship out in two days."

"Because, whenever Qui-Gon lets you have a day off there's usually a long mission about to happen. Or dangerous." Reeft spoke up while eyeing some interesting women.

"It's not long about twenty-five days and the only thing that's dangerous is that the planet's hostile. That's all." Obi-Wan stated after their drinks came.

"That's all he says. How many times have you came back from a mission hurt, again I can't seem to remember." Bruck pretended to look like he was thinking about it.

"I can't remember?" Obi-Wan asked. After that everyone was quite while they sipped their beers and watched people walk around or dancing. At one point, one girl came by wanting Garen to dance with her, but he turned it down remembering what happen last time. By their sixth beer, Obi-Wan asked. "Is anyone going to go dancing or something with them?"

"No!" The others spoke at once all remembering different times that they only wish they could forget.

"Then lets get out of here. It's late and we don't need any of our Masters finding out." As they walked out Reeft got the spray out that allowed all of the smell to get off their cloths. When they got to the temple they each went their different ways. On the way Obi-Wan saw his Master step out of Master Tahl's apartment looking a little...disleveled.

"Have fun, Master?" Obi-Wan said, grinning like the cat that just caught the bird.

"Yes, but we better get home it's um late." Qui-Gon said after realizing that he as caught.

"Yes, Master." Laugther in his voice.
    Like it? Hate it? Want to set it on fire? Tell me!
    *Runs out*

9. NikSteevi

NikSteevi Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 18, 2002
    Nice little story you've got here. Shame the segments are so short though. Descriptions not so hot, but the dialogue is good.

10. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    Great post...that was funny. Just the thoght of the boys going out like that is funny

MORE!

11. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
    hey, I know I said I would post today but my computer got a virse. and it had the work I was going to post. Hopefully I will be able to post it tomorrow but every day I'm late I'll post more ex. I'm one day late I'll post two chapters two days in a row.

I'm so sorry. my ada is trying to fix the computer right now.

12. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001

Chapter 3

The next day was a busy one between packing, gathering information, and talking with Yoda and Mace, Obi-Wan didn't really get to see any of his friends. Only after he had finished packing did he think about the mission they were to go on. He read the reports of the planet, he knew it would be very dangerous. But he couldn't get over what he read. Back about a hundred years ago Jedi went to the planet to help the government get started after the king had died. But somewhere along the line everything went wrong a fight had broke out at the place where the meeting would be held. Blasters trying to kill everyone in sight. Supposedly the head of the government didn't trust the jedi in the beginning and so he had soldiers at the meeting and when he gave the comand they were to open fire on the four jedi that were sent. Though the jedi were severely out number they kept one fighting until one of the Padawans was captured. The rest gave up and were sent to a camp that they never made it out of. No one knows the reason the head person hated the jedi. Or what happened to the jedi in the camps. Some say that they were tortured to death others say they died trying to escape. And a tiny group say they died of old age and were treated fair when they were in the camps. Obi-Wan didn't know which to believe. The innocent part of him wanted to believe that they died of old age. But in his heart he knew that they died from torture. Normally he wouldn't think of something so horrible as that but he had also read that they loved to make weapons that kept their slaves in line. A shudder went though him, he had a really bad feeling about this.

"Obi-Wan?" Qui-Gon called out as soon as he got in the apartment that they shared.

"In here." Obi-Wan yelled back, getting up and making sure he had everything.

"Padawan, the council wants us to leave tonight, so make sure you have everything, then go say goodbye to your friends and meet me in the landing bay in a hour." Qui-Gon said walking into his room and started packing also.

"I have everything. So I'm going to head on and go meet the others. I'll see you later, Master." Obi-Wan said while walking to the door.

"Alright" His master's voice floated from the bedroom.

While walking through the halls, Obi-Wan comlinked his friends and told them the update and asked if they could meet him in the star map room. He chose that room because they all loved that one. You could just sit in there and relax while learning and Obi-Wan and his friends always had a interest with planets. In a few minutes Bant Garen and Bruck came in. Reeft couldn't come because he had been caught by his master from the night before and was not allowed to go anywhere. That would make it the fourth time he has been caught.

"Hey, you guys. Sorry to call you like that Qui-Gon and just came to me before and told me we were leaving tonight." Obi-Wan sighed.

"Hey, don't worry about it. It's not like it's Qui-Gon's fault anyway. So does this mean you'll get to come home early" Bant asked hopefully her eyes widening with excitement.

"I don't know maybe. Hopfully." Obi-Wan said after ge thought about it for a moment.

"Well, come back in one piece and I won't beat you too bad in our next spar match." Bruck said as they made their fairwells.

"You never been able to beat me" He responded, then he turned to Garen and Bant "Now don't get into too much trouble while I'm gone. I want to help in the terrorthat you guys cause."

"Yes, Sire." Bant said as she bowed to him.

"Bye Obi." Garen said while laughing at his other friends.

"Good bye everyone. And I promise I'll come back unhurt" Obi-Wan called as he started to walk to the landing bay.

"Don't make promises you can't keep, Obi-Wan." Bruck called back.

And with that Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon got on the ship that was to take them to Mandla. A planet that would test everything that they were.

Loved it? Hated it? Want to burn it? Tell me!

13. Cheryl_Kenobi

May 6, 2001
  14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Feb 9, 2002
    "Don't make promises you can't keep"

LOL!! Poor Obi..even his pals have lost faith in him in that aspect

More soon!!!

15. Siri_Kuimini

Siri_Kuimini Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 6, 2003