main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Never mind

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by meegja, Dec 21, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. meegja

meegja Jedi Youngling

Dec 18, 2003
    Sorry for what seems to be an off topic posting (C3PO naked) I did. I checked the forum and did see renderings done by people, so I added a render I did. No, the model is not by me so I did add the proper credits. Reactions here are very unmature: been around for a while now but reactions here are strange. Just a pointer to what I did wrong would be cool. But closing a topic and some reactions given are reason enough for me to say bye bye to this unmature forum.
    Never the less: merry Christmas and a Happy NewYear!!

Menno Jansen
    The Netherlands

2. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    As far as I can tell, you didn't do anything wrong.

Some immature flamers decided to have a debate in your thread that was leading no where. If I were you, I'd just start a new topic with the pic and be more specific on what you did with it.

3. ScaPaCamem

ScaPaCamem Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2003
    Yea. Sometimes if not most of the times this board and the fanfilms board are really negative. I don't think it helps. It drives people away. People try to act like bigshots because their on the computer.

4. darthviper107

darthviper107 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 26, 2003
    It's not that people are immature, but it's kind of annoying when people post a topic that's not a topic. The forum is here to help people with 3D artwork and not to just look at someone else's work. If your having a problem or want someone's help, then ask for it, don't just post something and say, "Hey, doesn't this model that I didn't make look cool?" I'm not trying to be mean, but if you post something like that, your not going to get a good response.

5. Corrin_Wyndryder

Corrin_Wyndryder Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 17, 2001
    Oy, don't get this topic locked too, darthviper.

6. Darth_Tater

Darth_Tater Jedi Master star 1

Aug 30, 2001
    but it's kind of annoying when people post a topic that's not a topic.

You want to know what else is annoying? People who think they're a mod and start dictating what can, cannot, should or should not be posted.

The craziest idea just jumped in my head. What if when we come across a post that we think is pointless or annoying we just *gasp* not respond. OR if we find the post so offensive that we just can't function any longer we *double gasp* PM a mod and have them lock the topic.

It was the guy's first post for christ's sake. Cut him some slack.

7. Dr. Jones

Dr. Jones Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 6, 2000
    "The forum is here to help people with 3D artwork and not to just look at someone else's work."

I'd like to see peaple's renders more often, even if meshes are not from them. But yeah I agree there must be a bit of personnal work, to try to make a good compositin, not just loading a mesh and rendering it with a background.

8. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    I think Dr.Jones and a few others have said all that can be said about this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.