"Never Say Never"- Jaina/Jag, COMPLETED 9/2, THE SEQUEL IS UP!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediWarriorYoda, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediWarriorYoda Force Ghost

star 4
    I tried posting this story earlier this summer, but I didn't get a real response to it so I'm persistent and I'll try posting it again.

This story takes place during Rebel Stand-featuring Jaina and Jag. It's kind of like what happens to them when they aren't in the book.

It's probably would be considered an AU now. I started writing it before Traitor came out. I'm too lazy to change it b/c of Traitor so I kept it the way it was. Also at times there will be sections that have parts from the novels put in so that you know where the story follows along with Rebel Stand. When I do this I'll put a disclaimer before the post so I don't infringe on any copyright laws.

Disclaimer: I don't own anything involving Star Wars. I just wrote the story for fun.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

The blorash jelly that was secured around his wrists throbbed. The pain was terrible, but he had already lived through months of this torture. The same- day in and day out torture.

He knew they wouldn?t kill him.

They couldn?t. They wanted to sacrifice him. The only thing stopping them was that they wanted his twin too.

His brown hair hung over his eyes now, a few days growth had turned into a full beard. He moved his head so the long, unkept bangs wouldn?t cover his vision. His sight and hearing were the only things allowing him to know when his captors were coming. The Force wasn?t his aid in this battle.

It hadn?t been since the war had started.

The enemy, the Yuuzhan Vong, were devoid of the Force. His one great weapon, he thought as his kid brother would have said, wasn?t all-powerful anymore.

To Jacen Solo, the Force was a tool; an aid to help in keeping justice.

At least that?s what he used to think. Now, he wasn?t sure what he thought of the Force. He had even vowed to not use it and look where that got him. His mother and sister had almost died and he was the most sought after Jedi by the enemy.

It had killed him when he was told what he had to do. To allow every person sensitive to the Force to believe him dead. To cut of his very connection to the Force.

This was more for the safety of his twin sister, Jaina. He knew the pain that she had gone through when Anakin died. He had sensed her falling into the darkness and then she was a void to him. The place that had always been Jaina was blank. He feared for her. He knew that she would be coming for him and she wouldn?t stop at anything to get him back. That was the type of person she was naturally, but if she had turned to the dark side then her vengeance would be cruel. Not for him, but for the Vong and for her.

That?s why he did it; to stop Jaina. He wasn?t sure how to do it, but she taught him. Secretly, of course. If the Vong knew of her true allegiance, she would be spared a warrior?s death, and killed as Miko had been.

He was surprised at first, but somehow it felt right to him. He should have known it all along, but she was good at hiding it. She had for half a century almost. He knew who she was when had she cried for him. He knew instantly why she had.

She knew his pain that would come.

Vegere had taught him many things in the months that he was held captive by the Yuuzhan Vong. She was a wizened, old Jedi Knight; dating back to the days before his grandfather. Besides teaching him in the Force, she had told him many things about the Jedi of the past and about the man he didn?t know.

About a small boy who had saved some Jedi?s lives and became one himself. About a queen who would steal the heart of this boy. And how Vegere had discovered the Yuuzhan Vong and how she had allowed herself to be taken to save a planet. She was one of incredible strength for her size and demeanor. Like Master Yoda.

It was at her bidding that he closed himself off from the Force. Allowing everyone to believe him to be dead.

To die to the Foce itself. It was for the better. This way Jaina wouldn?t risk her own life to save him. He knew that if she was still out there fighting for the light, then one day
  2. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i don't hate it, i like it alot! you don't have any Jaina/Jag scenes up yet, so i can't say that i love it, but i like the way you're going with it. i can't wait for more!
  3. JediWarriorYoda Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks. Don't worry next post is Jaina and Jag follows shortly.

JediWarriorYoda
  4. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    oh, yay! :D i'm sorry you didn't get much of a response the first time you posted it. :(
  5. JediWarriorYoda Force Ghost

star 4
    It's okay. It didn't hurt my feelings for too long. If more people show an interest in the story I'll post some more today. I all ready have bunches of the story written. Just need a little confidence booster to post more.

JediWarriorYoda
  6. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  7. GREY_WOLF Jedi Knight

interesting, would like to read more :)
  8. JediWarriorYoda Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks Lt_Jaina_Solo. I saw that you asked others to come here. Let's see if they listen. If they don't I might post just for you because you were so nice to do some public relations work for me story.

JediWarriorYoda
  9. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thank you, JediWarriorYoda. it was no problem. Lord knows i promote my own fics enough and it was fun letting people know about yours. i hope you get a chapter up soon and if you need me to promote your fic again, all you have to do is ask... ;)
  11. JediWarriorYoda Force Ghost

star 4
    I know it's early, but you guys can call me Sara if you want JediWarriorYoda's way too long.
    Wow, I can't believe JPS is reading my story. I've been reading your stories and they're wonderful.
    Once I get more posts than I did last time I'll post again. Have no fear, you only have a little ways to go.

Sara
  12. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    how many more do we have Sara?

i'm just going to post until you tell me to stop.....
  13. Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master

star 4
    This looks good. I can't wait to see your take on how the NJO should have played out. I'll definitely keep checking in.
  14. Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Master

star 4
    Aww, thanks Sara [face_blush] Glad you've been enjoying them :D
  15. JediWarriorYoda Force Ghost

star 4
    Thanks everyone. I don't think the NJO will play out too differently. I just started writing this before Traitor and I didn't want to change the Jacen parts because I'm too lazy.
    A few more posts. I think last time it was around 18. I don't really remember.

Sara
  16. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    since i already promoted Sara's fic once, i'm going to promote mine again. it's been a while since i have, so i'm due to do it again.

go read Complications. it's my story, and i happen to think that it's good. ;)
  17. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    come on folks, we only need like two more!
  18. JediWarriorYoda Force Ghost

star 4
    I've read your story before. It's good.
    I 'll have the next post for you later tonight, I promise. I have to go to some carnival type thing for my college at 4:15. I have to go- our RA's making us.
    There will be more no matter what.

Sara
  19. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    thanks, Sara [face_blush]

have fun! can't wait for your post!
  20. Jedi_Jaina_Durron Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Good start! I love Jacen! [face_love]

Is it too soon to ask for more?
  21. JediWarriorYoda Force Ghost

star 4
    Lt, you let this slide to page four while I was gone. That's okay. I'll have the post up in a few minutes.

Sara
  22. JediWarriorYoda Force Ghost

star 4
    ?Jacen,? she said- barely a whisper- as she shot up from her cot. She had felt him in the Force. She had felt him reaching out to her.

Calling her, but not for help. He was concerned for her. And he had every right to be. Her breathing became erratic and rapid. ?It?s not alive. He can?t be,? she murmured to herself.

Every Jedi aboard the Trickster and everywhere around the galaxy had felt the death of her brother; except her.

The last time she had seen her brother she had been on the path towards the dark side. Anguished by the death of their younger brother, Anakin. But Jaina Solo had come back from her wade into the dark side. She had overcome the rancors of grief that had caused her to slip, and she was in the healing process.

At times, she still felt the need to avenge something, but she had learned over time to control these urges. She was learning to not let her feelings make the better of her.

She pushed towards the presence she had felt of her brother. She searched for the spot that was always reserved for him, but he was gone.

His brief presence was like a super nova bursting in the Force.

Maybe it was trying to tell her something.

Maybe he was alive.

She opened herself to the Force, allowing herself to become one with it.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

Hope you all like it.
    Sara
  23. Jade243 Jedi Master

star 4
    I can't believe I didn't notice this earlier :p Great start! :D
  24. Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    i'm sorry, i'm sorry! i was at a three hour soccer session! jeez, it's not like i could go up to my coach and say, "Excuse me, i have to go check my fanfiction. i'll be back in half an hour." ;)

awesome post! i can't wait for more!
  25. JediWarriorYoda Force Ghost

star 4
    That's okay, I was just joking with you. Maybe another post tonight. But I don't know. What do you guys think?

Sara
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.