main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Never Say Never"- Jaina/Jag, COMPLETED 9/2, THE SEQUEL IS UP!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediWarriorYoda, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    There'll be no more tonight though. I have my first college class in the morning.

Sara

Edit: I took 50 and I didn't even know it. Cool. This is a way more positive response to the same story than last time. Thanks everyone for reading it. I love all of you comments. They mean so much to me, really!

2. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Great post, Sara! :D

3. AnakahSkywalker03

AnakahSkywalker03 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 22, 2002
    *claps hands* Very, very good!! I would say I want more now, but all good things come to those who wait, right? ;) Hehehe...anyway, looking forward to more soon...good luck at college! :)

4. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks Anakah. I hope it's an interesting class. It's at 9:30 in the morning. It's a Freshmen Seminar so it shouldn't be too hard. But I'll probably have to eat my words later.

Sara

5. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Well, I'm going to bed. Goodnight. More tomorrow. Hopefully when I get back on tomorrow, I'll be able to find this.

Sara

6. XaveriiJade

XaveriiJade Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2002
  7. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Another J/J story! *claps hands excitedly* Good start, espescially with your characterization of Piggy. I can't wait for the next post.

8. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    Yay! More posts! They were both great and I'm glad Jaina felt Jacen.

Hope you enjoy your class. I'm off to school myself, but I'll be back this afternoon. :D

9. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks guys for keeping this on the first page. It makes me feel special. I promise after my classes today that I'll get something up for you guys. My classed end at 12:15, so probably about 1 (my time) I'll have something up. I'm an Eastern time in cause you were wondering. All right bye.

Sara

10. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm earlier with the post b/c my prof. let us out early. Here you go. Sorry, it's kinda sort. Also there is some dialouge taken from Rebel Stand by Aaron Allston.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

He smiled. At least somebody could find something good out of this blasted war and he was happy for Jaina. He had known her, her entire life and she deserved some happiness.

Despite popular belief, the girl didn?t get everything handed to her on a silver platter and he was glad that she had found something special with his nephew.

They made it to his office and he offered her a seat. He moved behind the desk and sat down. He placed his hands on his desk and looked over at Jaina Solo. She sat waiting for him to speak the first words. He cleared his throat, ?First off, let me say that you?re doing a great time with this whole Yun-Harla stuff. You haven?t let it go to your head, like other young pilots would do. Thanks for keeping a level head about this.?

She snorted, ?Well, at least you?re satisfied. Sharr and Piggy don?t think I?m doing a good job. They say I keep letting my guard down. Oh, and everybody on the base hates my guts, but I?m not sure if that?s because of the special treatment or because I?m Jaina Solo, the daughter of greatness. You know??

He nodded his head. ?I know what you're talking about. Don?t let it bother you. What you're doing is important to the cause. To destroying the Vong once and for all. And that brings us to why you?re in here. I have something for you. Or rather for your squadron, but for you none the less.? He slid a datapad across the table.

She picked it up and looked at the screen. ?A B-wing.?

?Yes. It?s the one Lando used to take your uncle to Coruscant. It?s Twin Suns? now. Use it at your discretion. Also you?ll find the rosters of all the squadrons on Borleias. You can take any pilot you need or want from any squadron. You have my permission. But for the Goddess I give freely.? he said with a slight smile.

?Thanks,? she said dead-pan.

His brow furrowed, ?What?s the matter??

She sighed, ?Nothing. It?s great. Thanks Wedge. I?ll use it the best way I can.? She shifted in her seat. ?Is there anything else??

Wedge pushed his hands on the desk and moved his seat back, ?Nope. You?re dismissed. But if anyone asks, you left on your free will.? He ushered her to the door. ?Remember you are Yun-Harla, don?t let these mortals get to you.?

She smiled up at his friendly face, ?Thanks again, Wedge.?

He shut the door behind her and leaned back on the heavy duracrete. Outside he heard the voice of his nephew, ?A moment of your time, Great One??

Then he heard Jaina?s reply, ?A moment.?

He smiled and ran a hand through his graying hair. ?Young love,? he murmured.

Hope you guys like it. Now, I'm off to go write some more.

Sara

11. Jade243

Jade243 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 31, 2002
    Another great post! :D

12. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    This needs to stay UP so people can read it.

Sara

13. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    sorry, JWY! i just got on. great post! i can't wait for more! did you read my new chapter?

14. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    If it was the post that you had last night, then yes. It was really good. I'll have some more up soon.

Sara

15. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    oh, goodie! and thanks for responding to it. i just checked to see who had and you were one of the first!

16. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm sorry, but it's not a double post like I thought it would be. But the post after this one is long so don't worry. Oh, portions of the dialouge and narration in this post has been taken from Rebel Stand by Aaron Allston. Want to give the man credit for what he wrote and to let you know where my story mingles with Rebel Stand.

Jaina tried to make her stomach stop flopping over and over, but it was impossible with Jag moving just a few feet in front of her.

It continued to flop when she saw that he was leading her to the conference room that he had first kissed her in. No matter how hard she tried to stop herself from feeling this way the more these feelings intensified.

She told herself just as they entered the room that she wouldn?t do anything.

As soon as the door slammed behind them she forgot everything she had told herself. She wrapped her arms around his neck and she felt his strength as he pulled her to him. She overbalanced him, throwing him toward the wall beside the door, and kissing him. The boom of Jag?s shoulders hitting the wall startled her out of the kiss and she laughed.

?There goes discretion,? Jag said.

?Got carried away,? she said. ?I?d like to be carried away.?

?I have the time if you do.?

Sadness enveloped her face and she began to tell Jag what his uncle had requested of her. It wasn?t fair, she thought. As soon as things had started to progress between them she was piled down with work because of the Yun-Harla disguise and she couldn?t spend time with him. She still couldn?t get over the fact that he thought she was more than a scruffy rebel pilot and that he wanted to spent time with her too.

She could feel her spirits sag just a little, could feel the smile leave her face. ?I have to go. We just can?t seem to find much time, can we??

?Do you have another sixty seconds??

?Yes.?

He leaned down for another kiss.
    Okay, as I was editing this for post, I realized most of this post was taken from Rebel Stand. Oh well, now there's no way you guys don't know where I am in the story. The next post is all original from me, I promise.

Sara

17. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    nice post! you're right, that was mostly taken from Rebel Stand, but that's one of my favorite scenes in the book so i don't care. can't wait for your next post!

18. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Because the last one wasn't really anything from me I thought I'd give you another post. I guess I'm feeling generous.

She left the conference room with Jag?s kiss still lingering on her lips. Her mind wondered to what she would like to be doing with him, but she forced herself to focus on the present.

The now and the job she had to do. She was looking for Beelyath. Though she had wanted Zekk to fly the B-wing, she trusted Jag?s judgment and began her search for the shuttle pilot.

She walked with sure and steady steps down the corridor. Where she was to find the man, she didn?t know. She really didn?t socialize with the other pilots because of the whole goddess thing, but she did remember from her time with Rogue Squadron that the pilots spend much of their down time in the lounge. So now she knew her destination, if only she knew where it was.

She stopped for a minute to get her bearings straight and figure out which direction would be best for her to continue walking when she heard a familiar voice behind her. To go along with the voice was a familiar presence in the Force, Kyp Durron.

?Oh High and Glorified One.? He bowed deeply.

She rolled her eyes and said through gritted teeth, ?Get up, Kyp.?

He straighten up and smoothed out his Jedi robes. ?You know, I probably should lose these and stay in the flight suit. You never know when we have to go up.?

?Yeah,? Jaina said absentmindedly. Sensing Kyp in the Force brought Jaina back to earlier this morning when she had felt her brother. Her expression remained grim.

Kyp?s voice was full of concern, ?What?s the matter??

She looked up into his eyes, ?Nothing.?

He sighed. ?Don?t give me that. Something?s the matter. You?re going to tell me.? He grabbed her by the elbow and walked to his room. ?We?ll talk here.? He opened the door.

Jaina remained motionless. ?We can?t talk in there.?

?Why not??

?Because,? she said, ?A Goddess wants to be comfortable. And that only happens in her own domain.? She turned on her heels and started towards her own quarters.

Kyp picked up quickly what she had meant. His room wasn?t as safe as hers. Iella swept Jaina?s room everyday for bugs while the other pilots' room weren?t checked. He followed her to her place which was just down the hall. Once inside her room he moved a chair to face Jaina who was sitting on the bed. ?Okay. What?s wrong??

?You know I was on my way to do duties as commander of Twin Suns.? she said a little in defiance and a little as a stall tactic.

He looked at her. ?Your a goddess. It doesn?t matter if you do anything on time. Talk to me.?

She looked up at him and then back down to her hands which were on her lap. As she started to talk she keep her focus on her hands, which she began to tinker with. ?I felt him. Last night or this morning. I don?t know the time. But I felt him. The time really doesn?t matter.

?I hadn?t felt him sense Myrkr. But his presence was has strong as it was back when we were younger. How could I feel him, if he?s dead?? she said looking back up to the Jedi Master.

?Who did you feel, Jaina?? he asked.

She snorted, ?Jacen. Blast it, Kyp. He?s dead right? So how come I felt him??

He thought for a moment. ?Are you sure it was Jacen?s presence??

She nodded her head. ?Are you saying I wouldn?t recognize my own brother in the Force? He?s my twin. A part of me since before birth. Jacen is my other half. Why now? After all this time?!?

He sighed, ?I felt Jacen?s death. There?s no way he?s not dead. The other Jedi wouldn?t have felt it either if he wasn?t.?

?But I can?t deny that I felt him.?

He nodded his head, ?No we can?t ignore it. However we can explain it. When Jacen died you were under the influence of the dark side. You couldn?t feel anyone in the Force. Your grief was all that consumed you.

?Now your back. There?s no more dark side flowing

19. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    liked it! great job! wait, Jaina and Jag are fighting... [face_shocked] not good, not good. they fight alot in my story too, and don' talk to each other for several months......

EDIT: stupid spelling mistakes...

20. Jedi-Princess-Solo

Jedi-Princess-Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 24, 2002
    Great posts Sara! :D

21. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Don't worry. Remember they still have to be on speaking terms for the little rooftop picnic.

Sara

22. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    true, very true. in my story, i have them fight like five or six times to the point where they aren't talking to each other, and Jaina would like to kill Jag..... :D

23. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    That's really funny LtJS.

Sara

24. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    oh, and don't worry, Jaina and Jag will meet really soon, like in one or two posts.... [face_devil]

25. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    If more people respond to the story and new post, I'll be tempted to post yet again today. Just to let you know.

Sara

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.