main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"Never Say Never"- Jaina/Jag, COMPLETED 9/2, THE SEQUEL IS UP!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by JediWarriorYoda, Aug 19, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    ok, i'll be back....

2. JediWarriorYoda

JediWarriorYoda Jedi Master star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Four pages, cool.

Sara

3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    :D gotta run to soccer practice. you might want to check out my notice about my new chapter!

4. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    I feel as if you, LtJS, and I are the only ones writing in this post thread thing. I don't like that me, the author is the major one contributing to my numbers. I hate doing this, but please people, if you like the story tell me. I'll read your story if you read mine.

Sara

5. Goddess_Jaya

Goddess_Jaya Jedi Master star 4

Jun 24, 2002
    You're not the only ones here! I have to get through school and homework first before I come to the boards.

Great posts! The picnic scene actually makes a little more sense if you add in your fight between Jag and Jaina. Please don't tell me Jaina believed Kyp about Jacen not being alive. I was so happy that she felt him!

As to respnoding again, I don't have a story, but if I ever start one up I'll let you know. ;)

6. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    You'll just have to wait and see. I know. I was just excited in Rebel Stand that they appeared. I read on the Walter Jon Williams thread that Jag and Jaina don't have any scenes in Destiny's Way. That's sad. At least there's the fan fiction stories. Of course, I understand about the school stuff. That's important. I'll defiantly check out your story, if you ever get one up.

Sara

7. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Hey. This is off to an excellent start. I like how you're expanding on some of the scenes from the book. Very cool. I'll be looking for more.

8. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Thanks Kathryn. Glad you're enjoying it. I'm just thrilled that people are actually reading it this time. Maybe if you guys get it up to five pages I'll put another post up tonight. I have a picnic I have to go to tonight for the Honors College dorm.

Sara

9. Goddess_Jaya

Jun 24, 2002
    5 pages? That might be a little tough. Plus I've been on threads where the conversations get so ridiculous that it's annoying.

But I'm willing to try. :D

10. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    I know, don't worry about it. I was only wishing. I'll probably post in a little bit for you, maybe after dinner tonight. So that I don't keep giving you all of the story. Then you guys will have to wait for forever for a new post.

Sara

11. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Going to the dinner thingie. I'll post when I get back. More people read and review.

Sara

12. Mertroid

Mertroid Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 29, 2002
    This story is quite interesting! I like it a lot! I can't wait to see more! I like the characters and just have some more detail in if for a suggestion. Keep the good work up!

13. Goddess_Jaya

Jun 24, 2002
    Here's an up so you can find the thread when you get back.

14. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    That's for the suggestion Mertroid. I'll try to do a bit more with the details on the new stuff I'm writing. It's hard for me to write detail though because I get the picture in my head so I just assume everyone else get's the same picture. I'll try harder though.
    Thanks Goddess for upping this for me.

Sara

15. Drama_Princess87

Drama_Princess87 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 30, 2002
    I just started reading this, and I love it! :)

I only have one more thing to say....

Got post? ;)

Pwease? :)

16. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    90!? I can't believe it. Thank you guys so much for everything, especially reading my story. I think another post could happen tonight just b/c you guys are awesome.

Sara

17. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Okay, I hate doing this, but if a couple more people respond to the story I'll post more. All right? Okay.

Sara

18. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    hey! i'm back from Hell day at camp!

19. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    Here's the last one for the night, possibly!!
    Once again portions of this post contain previously written material from Rebel Stand by Aaron Allston.
    ---------------------------------------------------------

As Jagged Fel leaned against his clawcraft he ran a hand through his short black hair. Why did he let her get to him this way? If his father could have seem him acting this way he would have gotten a short dressing down from the general. He sighed heavily.

When it came to women, Jaina Solo especially, Jag Fel was stumped. He closed his eyes and his head banged softly against the hull of his ship.

At the sound of skin hitting metal he opened his eyes. He looked down at the tool in his hand. He cocked his eyebrows. Might as well get some work done while he was here. He prepared himself to get to work when he saw a pair of booted feet before him. He smiled slightly. Jaina had come to smooth things over. How typical, he thought.

He looked up, and up, into the blue features of Shawnkyr Nuruodo. He didn?t let the surprise that he felt become evident on his face.

?Colonel, may I sit??

?Of course.?

Of course Jaina wouldn?t come to apologize. She was too stubborn. Too much like her father. And he was too much like his own to go back to her. Damn Corellian heritage.

After Shawnkyr sat down he offered her a compliment at the advancement of his previous squadron that he had left in her hands.

?I came to you because it would be inappropriate for me to reject their promotion, however well intended, without first talking with you, since you founded the squadron.?

?Why would you refuse it??

?Because I don?t intend to lead the squadron much longer. Nor should you return to it. It?s time for us to leave.?

Leave. He couldn?t leave. He had made a promise to Jaina, though it had been in a moment of unexpected passion. Though he had no longings to leave, he?d anticipated this confrontation for some time. ?And what would you report tell our high command??

Jag sat there while Shawnkyr explained the conclusions that she had come to during their stay on Borleias. Then Jag spoke of his own conclusions that he had made.

?So you will not leave at all.?

?I will leave... eventually.?

Shawnkyr considered his words silently. ?I think sentiment is clouding your judgment. I think the notion of not being here when Jaina Solo is endangered, or killed, is what is keeping you from your duty. But your duty is to your people, and to no one else.?

His people. Did the Chiss fall into that category? Certainly they were the people that he had grown up with, but yet he wasn?t one of their species. He lived by their standards, but yet he was subjected to their prejudices for being human. The Chiss may be his people, but his duty wasn?t necessarily to them.

Yes, he had sworn an oath, but he was persuaded and influenced by his father to do so. If he had grown up in Republic space his allegiance wouldn?t be with the Chiss. He barely listened to what his comrade was saying while he thought over these crucial elements.

?I will stay,? she said, ?until Borleias fall. Then I will return home.?

?Thank you.?

?But if I die here, I want you to promise to return in my place. If I stay here, I?m delaying the execution of my duty. If I die, you must carry out my duty.?

Without little thought he said, ?I agree.?

Shawnkyr stood up and bowed deeply to Jag. She turned on her heels and exited the hangar. Jag was left there to consider what he had agreed for himself to do.

To return home. To his family. To his father.

He would most likely be reprimanded again for staying away for so long outside the parameters of his orders. He was only in Republic space scouting, for the Chiss army, for Vong activity.

What would it be like going back? Back to a life, ultimately without Jaina. He would go back to work slaving all hours for his father. Simming all the time, preparing for the Vong invasion in the C

20. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
  21. Kathryn

Kathryn Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2002
    Cool post. You do a great job in adding to the character's thoughts.

22. Goddess_Jaya

Jun 24, 2002
    That was great Sara. It was just what I needed to cheer me up from JPS's last post. Soontir figured out that Jag liked Jaina before he did? That's a take I haven't seen yet!

Great post and good night. :D

23. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
    sorry for not checking in sooner! awesome post! are Jaina and Jag going to make up soon?

24. JediWarriorYoda

Jun 3, 2002
    I'm working on that right now, so not tell a couple more posts.

Sara

25. Lt_Jaina_Solo

May 27, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.