main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Never Too Old To Love (OT AU, Obi-Wan/Leia, Luke, Yoda) Completed 3/5!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Lincoln_6_Echo, Feb 8, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Great update! =D=

[face_laugh] i can totally picture Yoda's face here:p

[face_laugh] again, Yoda is right on here :D

Oh no... i just remembered what happened in ESB... will Leia and Han get caught by Vader again? [face_worried] :oops:

Tnx a lot for the pm, and i very much look forward to the next chapter :D [face_peace]

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    I could picture Obi-Wan's face when told of the many children he will have. That was awesome. Great update! [face_laugh]

3. Valairy Scot

Valairy Scot Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 16, 2005
    Yoda?s ears perked up. ?Feelings you say??

Obi-Wan nodded. ?Yes. I-I love her, Master.? He bowed his head and waited for the censure he was sure would come.

?Great news, it is. Love you she does??

Obi-Wan?s head whipped up and he turned to look at Yoda with a stunned expression.

The older Master?s face showed no reproach. Quite the contrary, he seemed to be smiling.

?Master?? Obi-Wan asked tentatively. ?Are you not going to remind me the dangers connected with attachments??

Yoda shook his head. ?No need I have to remind, what so well you know. Let this attachment blind you, you will not. Do what is right, you will.?

Obi-Wan was not completely convinced, and Yoda sensed it.

?Tell me Obi-Wan, where young Leia is now??

?With the rest of the Rebel fleet.?

Yoda shook his head, ?Travelling with a man, she is, and love her the man does. How do you feel??

?I am grateful Captain Solo is with her. I know he is looking after her, and would do everything to protect her.?

?See? Jealous you are not. Obsessed you are not,? Yoda said, making his point. ?Changed have times, Obi-Wan. Jedi defeated were for stagnant they had become. My fault it was, this now I know. The new Jedi order new rules will need. Make sure of it you will. Make sure you will the new Jedi know difference between love and obsessive attachment. Love your Leia, be happy with her, and with your example to the others teach.?

Obi-Wan needed a few moments to digest what he had been told. He had reached some of Yoda?s conclusions during his exile on Tatooine. He and the Jedi had committed a mistake in dealing with the attachments, with the love Anakin had harboured for his mother first and Padmé later. They had expected Anakin to forget his mother and move on but without understanding it was impossible. Keeping the boy away from Shmi, had not made him forget her, but only long more for her.

Obi-Wan was aware it had not been completely his fault. How could he, raised from his infancy to consider the Order as his only family, understand his Padawan?s needs? How could he, who had never known a mother?s love understand the deep bond between Anakin and Shmi and how their separation had scarred the boy?

Perhaps, had Anakin been allowed to keep in contact with his mother, or had he been allowed to marry, his love would have not turned into the obsession Obi-Wan had glimpsed on Mustafar.

He remembered the irrational jealousy that blinded Anakin that fateful day, when he had accused Obi-Wan of wanting to take Padmé away. He remembered the senseless anger with which his former Padawan had chocked Padmé, the person he had killed for.

This was the result of a love turned into an obsession and nurtured by whatever promise Palpatine had made while he poisoned Anakin?s mind.

Oh, I like this. I know I'm not the only one who sees it this way. So glad Yoda wants to see Obi-Wan happy. I just love that entire conversation, plus Obi-Wan's realizing he was not responsible for not understanding he had no experience with.

Great chapter. The best yet, I think.

4. Ascal_Elessar

Ascal_Elessar Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 3, 2004
    Great chapter, looking forward to more.

5. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Thanks for the PM! Nice to see Obi?s presence on Dagobah when Luke and Yoda met and began training. I really enjoyed the report between Obi and Yoda about love, commitment, and the future?Nice to see Yoda as insightful yet approachable, something he lacked in the films. I choked on my soda in delighted surprise at the ?many children, you will have.? Comment. Will we meet any of the future Kenobis? I empathize about your hands. Considering, you?re doing great, indeed! [:D] More, please! =D=:DIt's also comforting to see that someone else sees that Anakin was obsessive.

6. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004
    I'm looking forward to see how you write the love triangle if there is one.
    Will Han do what he did and will Obi step back or will Obi stand up for him self and win the girl.8-}

Loving this.[face_love]

7. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Yes, love, true love was possible for a Jedi if it was tempered by control?and Obi-Wan certainly did not lack it.

He could not help but smile and, at his side, Yoda did the same.

?Feel better you do? Decided to accept the Force?s will you have??

Obi-Wan nodded, turning to look at the diminutive Master. ?Yes, I will no longer struggle against my feelings?? his voice suddenly died as his smile disappeared.

Yoda harrumphed and beat the ground with his gimer stick for emphasis. ?Still fighting you are instead!?

Obi-Wan shook his head, his brow furrowing, and looked at Yoda in earnest. ?Master, I am not resisting my feelings, but I cannot help but think Leia would be better with Solo, with someone not as old as me.?

No, Obi-Wan certainly doesn't lack control. :p

Loved this update. =D=

8. Jedi_Lady21

Jedi_Lady21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2006
    Obi-Wan nodded. ?Yes. I-I love her, Master.? He bowed his head and waited for the censure he was sure would come.

?Great news, it is. Love you she does??

Obi-Wan?s head whipped up and he turned to look at Yoda with a stunned expression.

This was a great conversation between Yoda & Obi-wan.
    I thought it was great that Yoda was Happy for Obi-wan.
    Great Chapter !
    Can't wait to see what happens next :)

9. DelilahDraken

DelilahDraken Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 4, 2003
    A very nice chapter, Lincoln_6_Echo.

Because of grief your hair white is, but still young you are! To a long-living race you belong. One hundred and eighty years your average life span is. Like this you will stay and look for one hundred years or more.

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but this made me wonder. Are there sub-species in the GFFA? Is there a difference, genetically speaking, between a human born on Coruscant or Alderaan and someone from Tatooine for example? Or is the standard life span of a normal human 180 years there?

It is nice to learn that Obi-Wan has this long life span, but I really believed he was a human. Or is he something other? I am curious.

Anyway, fabulous writing.

I bow before your art.

- Delilah

10. Lincoln_6_Echo

Lincoln_6_Echo Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2006
    obsessedwithSW

I am glad you explained his lifespan and his grey hairs!

I am glad you liked the explanation!

A different Kenobi-Skywalker team! Thats an understatement.

:D

I think Obi-Wan would make a great dad.

Me too!

I really really want to know what Anakin will think of this!

Well, you just have to wait and see...

Veloz

Great update!

Thank you!

Oh no... i just remembered what happened in ESB... will Leia and Han get caught by Vader again?

Yep...more in the next chapter.

Sara_Kenobi

I could picture Obi-Wan's face when told of the many children he will have. That was awesome. Great update!

Thank you! And yes, I am sure he will have his hands full in the future!

Valairy_Scot

Oh, I like this. I know I'm not the only one who sees it this way. So glad Yoda wants to see Obi-Wan happy. I just love that entire conversation, plus Obi-Wan's realizing he was not responsible for not understanding he had no experience with.
    Great chapter. The best yet, I think.

Thank you so much for your kind words. I've read many comments after ROTS came out about Obi-Wan and the Jedi not understanding Anakin etc. I think that while it's true, it is also true the Jedi had no way to understand Anakin's needs because they were totally foreign for them.

Ascal_Elessar

Great chapter, looking forward to more.

Thank you!

Dooku-Darklighter

Thanks for the PM! Nice to see Obi?s presence on Dagobah when Luke and Yoda met and began training. I really enjoyed the report between Obi and Yoda about love, commitment, and the future?Nice to see Yoda as insightful yet approachable, something he lacked in the films.

Well, he had 20 years to meditate and mellow a bit...:D

I choked on my soda in delighted surprise at the ?many children, you will have.? Comment. Will we meet any of the future Kenobis?

Well, there won't be children mentioned in this story, but since they are both young and in love, I no doubt Yoda's prediction will become reality! ;)

I empathize about your hands. Considering, you?re doing great, indeed! More, please! It's also comforting to see that someone else sees that Anakin was obsessive.

Well, I think that if you look at the movie with open eyes, you can see he was obsessive. How else you can call a man ready to kill "his family" and betray everything and everyone because he is afraid for his wife's life?

Gkilkenny

I'm looking forward to see how you write the love triangle if there is one. Will Han do what he did and will Obi step back or will Obi stand up for him self and win the girl. Loving this.

Wait and see...;)

VaderLVR64

No, Obi-Wan certainly doesn't lack control.

Not too mention that after having seen what happened to anakin, he will be extra careful...

Loved this update.

Thank you!

Jedi_Lady21

This was a great conversation between Yoda & Obi-wan.
    I thought it was great that Yoda was Happy for Obi-wan.
    Great Chapter !

Thank you!

Can't wait to see what happens next

I will post more soon!

DelilahDraken

Please excuse my lack of knowledge but this made me wonder. Are there sub-species in the GFFA? Is there a difference, genetically speaking, between a human born on Coruscant or Alderaan and someone from Tatooine for example? Or is the standard life span of a normal human 180 years there?

Well, I made up this thing about Obi-Wan's long life-span, but I think it is plausible by SCI-FI logic. The human are scattered in the GFFA and I think there can be differences and sub-species.

It is nice to learn that Obi-Wan has this long life span, but I really believed he was a human. Or is he something other? I am curious.

As I said, he can be human and have a long life span...I mean, this

11. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    PART EIGHT

?The mighty doors to the dining room slide open and Leia, Han, Chewbacca and a dark skinned man enter an elegant room. At the far end of a huge banquet table sits Darth Vader. At his side and slightly behind him is standing a bounty hunter.

Han gives the dark skinned man a mean look.

?Sorry friend, I had no choice. They arrived right before you did??

?The door of a cell slides open and the muffled yells of Han Solo become sharp, piercing screams of agony and pain. Darth Vader exits the cell and is approached by the dark skinned man.

?What about Leia and the Wookiee?? he asks.

?You will find them well enough. But they must never again leave this city.?

?That was never mentioned. Neither was a bounty hunter taking Han. I hope you haven't forgotten our bargain.?

?I forget nothing, Calrissian. Perhaps you think you're being treated unfairly??

?The door to the cell slides open and two Stormtroopers help a ragged Han Solo into the room. Chewbacca gives him a hug as the guards leave. Han is very pale, with dark circles under his eyes.

?I am all right. I am all right,? he says as he staggers.

Chewbacca barks as the door slides open revealing Leia. She looks a little worse for wear also. The troopers shove her into the cell, and the door slides closed. The Wookiee helps her up and over to Han. The two hug each other in relief.

?I was worried about you,? Han says.

?I am worried about all of us. I can't figure out what they're up to,? she answers.

?Me either. They had me howling on the scan grid, but they never asked me any questions??

The cell door slides open. Calrissian and two Bespin troops enter.

?Get out of here, Lando!? shouts Han.

?Shut up a minute and listen. I am doing what I can to make this easier for you,? the dark skinned man commands.

?This ought to be good.?

?Vader agreed to turn Leia and Chewie over to me. They'll have to stay here, but at least they'll be safe.?

?What about Han?? asks Leia.

?Vader has given you to the bounty hunter.?

?You don't know much if you think Vader won't want us dead before this is over,? is Han?s sarcastic answer.

?He doesn't want you at all. He's after two guys named Skywalker and Kenobi ??.

Obi-Wan resurfaced from his mediation with a start, gulping air like a half-drowned man.

The visions he had just had where so filled with anguish and pain, from Leia, from Han, from Chewbacca.

Closing his eyes he slowed down his breath and released his anxiety in the Force. Then he analyzed what he had seen.

It looked like Vader had no idea who Leia was. He had captured her and Han because the last time he had seen them, they had been with Obi-Wan and Luke.

It was a trap, that was clear. Vader was using them as bait to lure Luke and Obi-Wan away from their hiding place. That was why Han was tortured without being asked any questions.

Obi-Wan wondered grimly how long it would take before Vader decided to submit Leia to the same treatment.

Would he be able to resist her pain? Was this the first test of his control when Leia was involved? Would he fail and let his love take over his common sense? Or would he let his love suffer and put the good of the galaxy before Leia and Han? He knew he could not allow Luke to fall in Vader?s hands but still?

Obi-Wan never had the time to test his convictions for the decision was taken away from him when Luke strode toward him, clearly agitated. Yoda hobbled as fast as he could behind the youth, looking very concerned.

Obi-Wan walked toward the distressed young man and asked, ?What?s happening, Luke??

?I saw Han and Leia, Ben. They are suffering terribly?I must go to free them.?

Obi-Wan took Luke by the shoulders and said, gently but firmly. ?I have seen them too. But this is all a ruse to have us leave this place. Vader wants to capture you and kill me. We must not go.?

?But Han and Leia will surely die if we don?t!?

?You don't know that. Even Yoda and I cannot see their fate.?

?I can help them!? Luke insisted.

?You'

12. Veloz

Veloz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 30, 2004
    Dear oh dear [face_worried]... i had a feeling Obi Wan was going to tag along :oops:

I wonder how ur gonna write the upcoming Luke/Vader duel with Obi Wan in it [face_thinking]

I loved this update! i cant wait to read what happens next :D

Tnx for the pm :) [face_peace]

13. Ocelotl_Nesto

Ocelotl_Nesto Jedi Master star 4

Oct 29, 2004
    Interesting that Obi has to follow Luke now... I can see that the duel will go differntly now... Luke will hear it from Vader and Ben will be there-- this could be grim....

"I am you Father--

"really-- why didnt you tell me Ben"

"Cuz he killed your mother-- I was afraid it might make you feel bad"

14. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Oh wow good point. I sense there will be much yelling coming.

Great posts, can't wait for the next one!

15. Gkilkenny

Gkilkenny Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 27, 2004

I can see it now "Luke you go have a talk with your Father,
    you know the evil one that calls him self Vader. While I go and rescue Leia the beautiful one"[face_laugh] :cool:

Keep the posts coming!=D=

16. obsessedwithSW

obsessedwithSW Jedi Master star 4

May 24, 2005

?No?there is another.?

Obi-Wan was taken aback by Yoda?s comment. What did the little Master mean? Who was this other hope? Leia? Or was Yoda referring to something completely different?

?Obi-Wan? there? is good in him? I know there is? still??

Unbidden, Padmé?s last words echoed in his mind. Was this the other hope Yoda was referring to? Did he too believe Anakin could be reached again?

I never considered he could be refering to Anakin. Great job!

17. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Interesting that Obi has a premonition about Cloud City. Very nicely done. I enjoy how you?re staying close to cannon with subtle changes due to Obi?s presence. Looking forward to more. :D

18. PadawanKitara

PadawanKitara Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    chap 6: I love how Obi-Wan was able to call Yoda a troll

chap 7: Yoda certainly gave Obi-Wan something to think about

chap 8: I like how you had Obi-Wan's vision show that it was a trap to catch him and Luke. It was a slightly different vision then Luke's and gave Obi-Wan all the clues he needed to stop Luke. Unfortunaely that didn't help.

19. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Oh, I feel so sorry for them. And that was a fantastic use of canon with your own work, I agree. I loved Obi-Wan feeling maybe some pangs there at knowing he might not be able to help Leia, even though he wants too like Luke.

I look forward to seeing what happens next. =D=

20. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004

?I know. He will have to mature, but I still believe he is our last hope.?

?No?there is another.?

Obi-Wan was taken aback by Yoda?s comment. What did the little Master mean? Who was this other hope? Leia? Or was Yoda referring to something completely different?

Unbidden, Padmé?s last words echoed in his mind. Was this the other hope Yoda was referring to? Did he too believe Anakin could be reached again?

Obi-Wan had not much time to ponder the matter, because the starfighter?s engines roared to life and he had to rush to board it.

The last think he saw before the ship took off was Yoda standing alone in the clearing near his home, looking suddenly so very old and frail.

I can't wait to see what happens next! =D=

21. Jedi_Lady21

Jedi_Lady21 Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 6, 2006
    ?No?there is another.?

Same Here, I didn't think of Anakin either.
    Great Update!
    Can't wait to see what happens next :)

22. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    Veloz

Dear oh dear ... i had a feeling Obi Wan was going to tag along

Could he do differently after spending half his life guarding over Luke?

I wonder how ur gonna write the upcoming Luke/Vader duel with Obi Wan in it

I hope you won't be disappointed, but I took a different road...

I loved this update! i cant wait to read what happens next

A long chapter is coming up!

Ocelotl_Nesto

Interesting that Obi has to follow Luke now... I can see that the duel will go differntly now... Luke will hear it from Vader and Ben will be there-- this could be grim....

Things will not go exactly like this...Wait and see.

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Oh wow good point. I sense there will be much yelling coming.

Naahh, a lot yelling no...but a lot of weeping yes...

Gkilkenny

I can see it now "Luke you go have a talk with your Father,
    you know the evil one that calls him self Vader. While I go and rescue Leia the beautiful one"

Well...thinking better this is ALMOST what will happen...almost...

obsessedwithSW , Jedi_Lady21

?No?there is another.?

I never considered he could be refering to Anakin.

Same Here, I didn't think of Anakin either.

Well, I believe that when TESB was filmed, the other was a reference to Leia, because they were preparing the ground for the revelation Leia and Luke are twins in ROTJ. However, it no longer makes sense now that we know what happened in ROTS. Obi-Wan knows who Leia is, so Yoda would probably mention her by her name should he mean her.

So I decided to give the line a totally different meaning, one that now, after the PT, suits more with the whole story arch-- at least in my opinion. Especially because that will be indeed the good still in Anakin that will save redeem him and save Luke...

Dooku-Darklighter

Interesting that Obi has a premonition about Cloud City. Very nicely done. I enjoy how you?re staying close to cannon with subtle changes due to Obi?s presence.

Thank you. I never meant to turn the PT upside down, just to insert Obi-Wan in it and make certain things go in a different way...

PadawanKitara

chap 6: I love how Obi-Wan was able to call Yoda a troll

Well, he had to play along with whatever Yoda was planning...:)

chap 7: Yoda certainly gave Obi-Wan something to think about

Oh yes, the little master was very wise and persuasive.

chap 8: I like how you had Obi-Wan's vision show that it was a trap to catch him and Luke. It was a slightly different vision then Luke's and gave Obi-Wan all the clues he needed to stop Luke. Unfortunaely that didn't help.

Obi-Wan has the experience, both as Jedi and warrior, Luke still doesn't have...

Sara_Kenobi

Oh, I feel so sorry for them. And that was a fantastic use of canon with your own work, I agree. I loved Obi-Wan feeling maybe some pangs there at knowing he might not be able to help Leia, even though he wants too like Luke.

This is the demonstration of what Yoda told him. That Obi-Wan is able to control his attachment...

VaderLVR64

I can't wait to see what happens next!

I hope you will enjoy the next long-ish chapter!

23. Lincoln_6_Echo

Apr 11, 2006
    PART NINE

Leia Organa had felt this scared only once before: when Tarkin had threatened to destroy Alderaan if she did not tell him where the alliance?s outpost was located. She had been scared that day, not for herself but for her father and planet.

It was the same today. As she and Chewbacca were marched along the corridors of Cloud City toward Vader?s ship by a group of Stormtroopers, her heart was constricted by the fear she felt for poor Han, Luke and Obi-Wan.

When Lando had informed them Vader was using her and Han as bait for the two Jedi, Leia had hoped the two men would not come in their rescue.

She had almost caused Obi-Wan?s death once and she did not want to put him, or Luke, in danger another time.

Her hopes had been dashed when Vader had announced Obi-Wan and Luke were travelling to Bespin, just a short while before poor Han had been put in the carbonite.

If only there was a way to alert them it was a trap!

The little group reached an intersection when a dozen of Calrissian?s guards appeared in the corridor, fully armed and made a quick work of disarming the Imperial soldiers.

As a sergeant took away the Stormtroopers, Lando freed both Leia and Chewbacca from their binders.

?What's going on?? she asked.

?I'm coming over to your side, that's what,? the man answered, handing her a blaster.

?And when do you betray us again??

Lando had no time to reply because Chewbacca attacked him and started strangling him.

Leia watched impassively as the man tried in vain to free himself. She had no love for traitors and he deserved it. However, when the man started making confused noises, she tensed her ears.

?It seems he is trying saying ?Han?,? Threepio?or at least what remained of him commented.

Leia glanced at Chewbacca and the Wookiee loosened his hold.

?Han?? panted Calrissian, ?we can still save him?Boba Fett?s ship is on East Landing Platform.?

Leia gripped her blaster more tightly, ?Show us the way!?

They all started running in the indicated direction and a few minutes later they burst outdoors.

The bounty hunter?s ship was parked at the other side of the platform and he was giving orders to the two men who where pushing Han?s frozen form inside his ship

?We need to do something to stop him!? Leia ordered to Lando, before she aimed her blaster and fired against Boba Fett.

The armoured warrior easily avoided the shots and boarded his ship. The hind ramp started closing and in a minute or two the strange vessel would take off with Han.

It was in that moment, when Leia thought everything was lost, that a brown robed figure brandishing a blue lightsabre burst into the picture.

Obi-Wan!

He quickly dispatched the Stormtroopers on guard before he used his lightsabre to destroy the controls of the ship hind ramp, effectively preventing it from closing. The alarms went on as the take off procedure was aborted.

?Yes!? Leia grinned as she prepared to leave her cover and step on the platform.

?Stay where you are, Leia!? Obi-Wan commanded, a moment before the bounty hunter stepped out of his ship and started firing with his two blasters.

The Jedi used his ?sabre to deflect the bolts and send them back against his attacker, just like Leia had seen him do during that long past training session.

Boba Fett used the rockets of his armour to fly over Obi-Wan and attack him from a better position, but it was useless, the Jedi was too quick for him.

A few minutes later Chewbacca barked happily when one of the deflected bolts hit the bounty hunter?s rockets, causing him to fall rather loudly on the platform.

Boba Fett recovered fast and scrambling to his feet he kept on firing his blasters, but Obi-Wan was implacable, whirling his lightsabre with such speed Leia could barely keep her eyes on it.

He closed on the bounty hunter until the moment one of the deflected bolts hit his opponent near his neck where, apparently the armour was not as thick as the rest of his body.

The bounty hunter crumbled to the ground near Obi-Wan?s feet, his h

24. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    That was so lovely! I'm happy he told them the truth! =D=

25. VaderLVR64

Feb 5, 2004
    Wow! Great update! :D

Obi-Wan was pacing back and forth the corridor in front of the sick bay, waiting for the droids to complete the surgery to implant Luke?s new hand.

It was the second time he was forced to wait as one of his Padawans was made whole again after losing a limb to a Sith Lord. Both times impatience and impulsivity had been the cause of the young men?s misfortune, but Obi-Wan hoped Luke would learn the lesson better than Anakin had done.

However he was not as worried about Luke?s physical condition as he was for his emotional one.

The boy?s last words, before he had put him to sleep on the Falcon had been a pained ?Why Ben? Why did you not tell me??

=D= And that ending! :_|

Can't wait for the next post! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.